Sign in to follow this  
Collidesp

Newbie doing some research...

Hello everyone! 

I just bought my very first vinyl cutter and i am very excited to learn and hear more about vinyl cutting!

So far everything has been going smooth however i am having troubles adjusting the settings on my cutter/program.  I followed all the steps and performed a test run and everything turned out perfect.  However, when i try to cut a different image it cuts horizontal lines through the image.  I adjusted the blade and played with the pressure but still can't figure it out.  Any suggestions is very much appreciated.  

Thanks!

From Wisconsin 

• Like 1

what cutter and how are you connecting the cutter to the computer?  if a cheaper cutter like an mh make sure you ground the cutter as static is terrible this time of year.  

Hello and welcome . If the test cut are good it is most likely a communication problem . What type of connection are you using ? Software, and cutter type ?

Dan

Thanks for being so helpful...If you can bare with me here, i'll try to give as much info as i can.  I am using a SC Series, I am trying out the program that came with it the kit which is the "Sure cuts a lot Pro Design".  I thought of this last night, when i press "send to cutter" it pops up with a seetings box, should i change anything?       

Thanks for being so helpful...If you can bare with me here, i'll try to give as much info as i can.  I am using a SC Series, I am trying out the program that came with it the kit which is the "Sure cuts a lot Pro Design".  I thought of this last night, when i press "send to cutter" it pops up with a seetings box, should i change anything?       

this site, tells you how to set up your vinyl cutter.  Chose your model and go from there,  If you already have your vinyl cutter set up, choose software set up.

http://start.uscutter.com/

• Like 1

"The non-activated version has all the features of the full version but will cut a horizontal line through your design as a watermark."

• Like 1

Definitely activate it with the code they sent with it then go download the latest version of the software from craftedge.com. I really like the program myself.

• Like 1

You can also contact Craftedge support if you are still having problems with the software. They respond really fast. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the helpful feedback!  After playing with it and actually activating the code it made the horizontal lines disappear!    

Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas everyone!