knjharris

Hello! Love this forum.....

Hello everyone! I am new to vinyl cutting and have to say this forum has been an invaluable tool for me. I bought my first plotter in July and have been reading and researching everything I can find.

Things are going pretty well so far. Just about every little problem I have had I can run a search on this forum and find an answer from all you wonderful seasoned experts who so graciously share your knowledge with us. For that, I thank you all!

I am not one to get on right away and start posting tons of questions, I research everything down to the bones! I figure it's time I stop being a lurker and give a shout out to introduce myself and thank you all.

My plan is to just be small operation and just make a few bucks at doing something I love for a change. I am certified in staging and home re-design, this type of design is new for me, but design of any kind drives me! Love it! I plan to do mainly decals and wall art as well as tiles,glasses etc. I have always been crafty (in a good way lol!)

I was wondering if there is anyone on here who could walk me through putting samples of my vinyl decals on a stock photo?

I have seen this done and just spent an hour racking the brain with signblazer and just can't seem to get it to work.

BTW, I am sure you all will want to know what machine I went with, I started economical and went with the MH871 and using Signblazer software.

Glad to meet you all!

Karen

Welcome. I have been running an mh871 now for 2 years with no problems and it's made me about $10,000 so far. Nothing wrong with economical if it does the job.

• Like 2

Karen, whazzup??!!!!!

You asked: "Is there anyone on here who could walk me through putting samples of my vinyl decals on a stock photo?"

Be more specific, and we'll give it a shot.

Here is what I am "trying" to do. lol

I made a car window decal for my Aunt who lives in Florida. It says "Cancer picked the wrong bitch!" with a pink ribbon. What I am trying to do is put that on a stock photo of a rear window so I can show her and others what it will look like once applied. :huh:? :huh:???

I found one site that gave a few details, but not enough for me brain to figure it out today!!

Btw....From Indiana here! :-)

Welcome Karen. I use an older version of Fireworks to do what you are describing. I start by exporting my design as an .eps file from SignBlazer. The .eps file will not have a background when imported to Fireworks. he tools inside of Fireworks allow me to skew and distort the .eps image to make it look like it belongs on the photograph.

• Like 1

Well well well, we learn something new every day!

That tip about Fireworks is outstanding, and now I have a way to create 'mock-up' proofs of signs that I am intending to install.

Really cool.

Karen, you made out like a bandit on this one!

• Like 1

I did, except I do not have fireworks :huh: But, It sounds like it will benefit you slice&dice and that's what this forum is good at, helping more than those asking the questions. That's how I have been learning, reading all the old posts!