MJRKat

My first one........

I had to practice on my kart first...........

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks.......Next I gotta tackle my dad's IMCA Modified.....Thats gonna be quite the project

I took Computer Graphics in my last 2 years in high school(8 years ago). I just got a cutter last month though....Been wanting to get into vinyl work for a long time, but just didn't have the money, and I guess I just didn't hate my regular job enough to push me into it too...lol

Oh yeah, I want to say thanks to all you guys that come on here and help everyone with tips, and troubleshooting! I have been checking it out, and it has helped me alot in figuring things out.

I wish more people were like you.Most of them just get on the board and post their problems without looking through the forum to find the answers.From the looks of the cart,you may have a new day job!

Thanks Billy for the compliments! I think alot of people don't have the patience to get on here and read through the different topics...But from what I have experienced so far with the vinyl, and even designing things on the computer, they are in the wrong business if you don't have patience.

You got that right!It is sometimes a very tedious business and it does take time to learn the graphics end as well as the cutting.But if it was that easy to do,there would be a lot more competition.

Right on Billy...

Nice work MJR...  I wish there was a computer graphics class when i was in high school, LOL... I may of not started too late!

I think also, since marcel posted the new rules on this forum with SPECIFIC topics, instead of "HELP" or whatever, It will point alot of people in the right direction with then needing assistance.

When i got into the graphics business, I thought that all i needed to do is scan an image or copy and image and the plotter would just cut it out... Newsflash, It wasnt that easy and after many many months of training myself wasting tons of vinyl, i think that I have it pretty figured out now.  I just wish there was a board like this years ago with people like Billy, Fivestar, Beardown, marcel and everyone else that plays a role in helping other people get there business up and running.

All the tips that these guys give on here really save you alot of money in vinyl, but there is some tips that you just have to figure out for yourself too, there are just so many different things to pick up, so many techniques..I have PhotoImpact 4.2, and there isn't half as many things on that as there is in Corel X3(which I just got)....It took me 2 weeks just to figure out how to get 3 layers the way I wanted them with text....So far though, I love every minute of it! lol ;D

Guest fivestar

Thanks for the compliment tater, honestly I never even knew a plotter is what cut vinyl graphics before I ordered mine.  I always thought of a plotter as a machine that plotted blueprints and such.  When I was looking around I actually searched ebay for "sticker cutter".  ;D  Then I seen all these plotters coming up and I was like "get out of here is that what cuts vinyl?"  Then I seen all the US Cutters listed and started researching the company more and found these forums and seen Billy posting some of his work and said "what the h***, if it isn't any good I am out a couple hundred bucks".  Well needless to say I love mine and have learned so much from Billy's posts and reading other forums.

Artistic wise I can't draw a straight line with ruler and that is no joke.  I have got to be the worst "artist" <-------word used VERY LOSELY ever to have cut vinyl.  But graphics wise I just get a "vision" in my head of the way I want something to look and try my hardest to figure out how to make it work.

There are alot of you guys that have helped me out more then you can imagine by posting your work and tutorials, I thank you all for it. 

Now back you subject, It really is nice work, MJRKat  ;D