Gripy

Cutsomer ordered something I dont have in stock

I cant not stand dishonest sales practices. I sell things on line out of a stock of vinyl that i carry. I am always updating and relisting items to reflect new materials in my inventory. But my question is, what should i do when a customer orders some thing from me on line that i dont have in stock? For instance a certain color of vinyl that i am out of. Should i send them an email saying i am out of that stock? Should i delist the color or should i put a notice on my ad saying that there may be some restocking time required for certain items?

The reason i ask is because last Sunday night i ordered some super expensive ass vinyl from US Cutter and it has yet to be shipped. I made sure to order it at a specific time so that i could have it for this weekend when i needed to get some work done. But guess what! I received no email notice saying it was out of stock, there was not notice on the order form and yet the item was still for sale without change on the web site. I had to log on to the web site and check on the status of my order manually. That was when I saw my order history and my most recent order : Order Status Awaiting Inventory. And it gives no ETA what so ever. Are you fking kidding me? Sorry, I don’t really have time for this. I have a company to run, just because US cutter donest have their act together on this doesn’t mean that my company has time to waste.

This is the second time i have had this same issue with an on line company and I AM DONE WITH IT. My wholesalers all get my material to me by an exact date that they tell me before i even order. I cant stand this middle man crap any more. At least the last idiots I dealt with at HPN promptly sent me an email informing me the item I had already paid for didn’t exist. But I will never do business with them again either.

I can understand this company not having an itme in stock. But this is not the first time USCUTTER has taken their sweet time getting some thing to me. I had this same issue with an MHRefine I bought a few years ago and then had MORE issues dealing with the problems it caused. I ordered my Easyweed vinyl from here because it was 3$ cheaper than the other places. Not worth it.

USC has been good to me in some ways but I have to say no more at this point.

I am sure that they did not know how important you were . USCutter is a large co. And will run out of inventory occasionaly . I don't see this as being deceptive sales practice I have ordered from many on line vendors that will be out of stock and ship later even as large as home depot and Walmart are it happens.

• Like 2

kinda think you should be planning better for your sales. a lot companies have stuff listed that they do not have in stock, but it has already been ordered for them to restock. fellers the largest wrap supplier has done it to me did i get mad sure but inventory can be off, like in my case. did i find a work around yes i did. do i am will i still use them sure! this sounds like really bad planning on your part.

I have purchased before, and it did not come from UScutter, they were out of stock.

it came from the supplier, like Oracal,

How can UScutter know when Oracal is going to ship it? so it is TBD

Oracal is shipped from Georgia.

other companies elsewhere.

It even says on some things, shipped from supplier.

One thing that I have learned is that you can never count on something being delivered to you on time. I always tell my customers a their product will be delivered X many days from the time I receive my supplies. There are too many variables in play.

• Like 2

Or find a local supplier for last minute rush jobs. I think your over reacting because you waited to long to order your supplies. Why didnt you order it as soon as you got the job and give some time for delivery? You have a business to run after all.

Or find a local supplier for last minute rush jobs. I think your over reacting because you waited to long to order your supplies. Why didnt you order it as soon as you got the job and give some time for delivery? You have a business to run after all.

Even with local suppliers there is times that they are out of stock especially on colors without a large demand they just don't stock a lot on items that don't sell that well .

kinda think you should be planning better for your sales. a lot companies have stuff listed that they do not have in stock, but it has already been ordered for them to restock. fellers the largest wrap supplier has done it to me did i get mad sure but inventory can be off, like in my case. did i find a work around yes i did. do i am will i still use them sure! this sounds like really bad planning on your part.

I use fellers for 99% of my stuff and they always call me the next day with an update on when things will get to me and where they ship from. They also dont charge for shipping if the order is over 100$ and its the fastest shipping possible. I have ordered vinyl they didnt have in stock and so they shipped it from Avery and it still got to me in no time flat. USC does not have that kind of service.

At any rate:

Hello XXXX XXXX:

This is a comment regarding your recent order (71772) from Specialty Graphics Supply.

Thank you!

Current status: Shipped via FedEx

Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you would like to contact us about your order, please go to the following page:

Thank you for your business!

Specialty Graphics Supply

---------------------------------------------------------

Problem solved

I have ordered from UScutter and was out of stock ,and they shipped DIRECT from Oracal.

Still got in same time frame.

So, why didn't you order this from Fellers?

• Like 1

Because Fellers wont carry Siser.

And honestly, ive dealt with this company enough at this point to know that a lack of communication and poor response is not rare. I should have received an email about the status of my order. I still dont know what the status even is, it just says Awaiting Inventory. What does that even mean? Did they order it? Are they sending it to me from the factory? Will I be updated about its ETA soon? When will it be in? All of those questions need to be answered. It is simply bad policy combined with bad management. But thats commerce for you. I have other options and the freedom to do business with who i chose and the choice is clear. I wont be spending money with USC any more.

And just so were clear this wasnt a last minute order or a rushed job. I ordered my vinyl with plenty of time to spare, its USC that screwed up, not me.

"Orders placed by 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time ship the same day"

"Orders shipped from our Seattle warehouse reach most of our Western customers within 2 to 3 days, including 2 days to Northern California."

Well like I said they did not realise how important you are or they would have let every thing else go just to accommodate you.

And if you knew the first damn thing about business you would understand that they are all important. You do realize that notifying customers about the status of their order is AUTOMATED on just about every website out there dont you? I ordered tickets for a concert on line a few weeks ago. They sent me 2 emails confirming it making sure everything was in order. I ordered a heat press from HPN and they immediately and automatically sent me an email telling me it was out of stock and when to expect it. Or for example the email i already posted on here from a USC competitor who now has my business. Its a normal practice. As is adhereing to their own policy they list on their website."Orders placed by 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time ship the same day" "Orders shipped from our Seattle warehouse reach most of our Western customers within 2 to 3 days, including 2 days to Northern California." Grow the fuck up.

I guess its half my fault tho. When i ordered vinyl thru USC i half expecet some kind of crap like this to happen. Its why I didnt get my Graphtec thru USC. Fool me once. . .

And if you knew the first damn thing about business you would understand that they are all important. You do realize that notifying customers about the status of their order is AUTOMATED on just about every website out there dont you? I ordered tickets for a concert on line a few weeks ago. They sent me 2 emails confirming it making sure everything was in order. I ordered a heat press from HPN and they immediately and automatically sent me an email telling me it was out of stock and when to expect it. Or for example the email i already posted on here from a USC competitor who now has my business. Its a normal practice. As is adhereing to their own policy they list on their website."Orders placed by 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time ship the same day" "Orders shipped from our Seattle warehouse reach most of our Western customers within 2 to 3 days, including 2 days to Northern California." Grow the fuck up.

I guess its half my fault tho. When i ordered vinyl thru USC i half expecet some kind of crap like this to happen. Its why I didnt get my Graphtec thru USC. Fool me once. . .

I know just a little about business I have been in business 40 plus years and guess what if you don't know anything you don't last that long. But then I treat most people with respect including my suppliers,customers and employees I do not think I am superior and demand service above and beyond the control of a vendor if something vote wrong I adapt and work it out maybe the patience and respect comes with age . Have a nice life

• Like 1

Anyone that throws a temper tantrum like this wont be in business very long! As Dale Carnegie says "if you want honey, dont kick over the beehive"! I think what OP really needs is anger management classes/therapy!

• Like 2

I cant stand this middle man crap any more.

I laughed. Your avatar says "Specialty graphics supply". I assume (hopefully correctly) that you are a middle man yourself. If you are tired of the middle man crap then tell your customers to come directly to the site you order from and stop middle manning others yourself. Unless you go direct to the manufacturer you are always going to be dealing with "this middle man crap". What I suggest is that if you aren't already, get your business registered and/or licensed and sign up with a local wholesaler (I use Denco) and buy from them. On a side not though, I still buy most all my supplies from uscutter, cause I'm cool like that, and they have sweet prices on Roland eco-sol max inks.

From the website in your signature (I assume your site?)

Specialty Graphics Supply Inc. is a privately owned company which has been in sign and graphics related businesses since 1995. Our main goal is helping graphic professionals, entrepreneurs and hobbyists with their unique graphic supply needs. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and believe in the Christian-based "Golden Rule" of treating others as we would like to be treated.

The christian based golden rule?

A quote from your original post.

"At least the last idiots I dealt with at HPN promptly sent me an email informing me the item I had already paid for didn’t exist."

That doesn't sound like a person following the golden rule. But we will make sure to treat you as you have treated others (once again I assume that you want to be treated the same), IDIOT!

He is not associated with Specialty Graphics.

Ah OK well I thought all that was funny combined with his post.

So no hard feelings against specialty graphics then. He kind of makes it sound and look like he may be associated with that site.