piscespokerbrat

Well, I pulled the trigger today!

Yep, I ordered my 25" SC cutter with stand! I also went ahead and ordered 35' x 5' Gloss White Hexis for the wrap on my truck. So far, I have spent over $600 today, and I am not done yet! I still have to order some Oracal 651, a squeegee, transfer paper.. ya.. lol I did get an awesome heat gun last summer at a yard sale for $5. :lol: Already have the exacto, so I am almost ready to go :P So, who wants to hire me to cut some decals.. lmao

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! And a special LOL :lol: to the not putting the wallet away remark :P I can't wait for everything to get here. I already have the stuff designed and ready for my truck. So first project and testament to me doing this is my own personal vehicle. If I dont screw that up too badly, then I might be on a good path to some side income :D

• Like 1

Yep i only use it for a side income.. I'm a stay at home dad.. so i do it to keep my mind busy lol

I just got into screen printing shirts.. that is awesome!!!

Good Luck Piscespokerbrat you will do great just don't try to install a graphic on your car in the wind.. hehe..

and watch plenty of youtube video's

Thanks everyone! And a special LOL :lol: to the not putting the wallet away remark :P I can't wait for everything to get here. I already have the stuff designed and ready for my truck. So first project and testament to me doing this is my own personal vehicle. If I dont screw that up too badly, then I might be on a good path to some side income :D

Post some pics when done .

Dan

Dont worry Dan, I will!

SeeJay: LOL No wind OR SNOW! lmao How many little ones do you have? Do you sell your shirts online or at a flea market or ? Youtube and me, well, lets just say they are about to pronounce us man and youtube.. lmao :lol:

• Like 1

Wallet.... in..... pain.... lmao

Just dropped another $225 on vinyl, app tape, and some teflon squeegee's :P YIKES :blink:

LOVE that $9 flate rate shipping!!!

So, over $800 now for an original quote of $320 for some tiny decals for my truck.. hmmmmm.. lmao

Well, $879 that is.. :blink:

ARG! I gotta say it, the tracking for all my wonderful packages says the cutter will be here the 15th and the vinyl on the 18th! My poor poor cutter is going to be lonely for a few days without some vinyl sliding through it.. oh man that sounds wrong.. lmao :lol:

Am I the only one wanting next week to get here fast!!

Ooh ooh off topic, but NEW Dr Who tomorrow night!!! AWESOME!

• Like 1

I did 4 of these a few weeks ago for a guy who is building a fill size replica of the Tardis.

post-242-0-64001100-1347639059.png

I don't think I have the energy to do it or a place for it but I made an extra one and I'm going to make a box for it and light it from the back.

"So, over $800 now for an original quote of $320 for some tiny decals for my truck.. hmmmmm.."

The thing is, now you have equipment and materials with production capacity for thousands of $$$ worth of decals.

Once your friends and relatives find out you are capable of making decals and signs, they'll give you plenty to do.

For instance, cornhole games.

Rear windows of their vehicles.

Yard signs / job site signs.

Banners.

Computer lids / iPhones

etc etc etc

Yep you will be in the black in a short time just a couple signs or a few banners or lettering a truck or two and it is paid for .good luck

Dan

Hey guys thanks for the words of encouragement :-) I have no doubt that this small investment will pay for itself in no time. I mentioned this somewhere on here, but I LOVE learning new things. One of my classic examples is of a 5th wheel I had bought a few years back. I taught myself how to do Pex plumbing in that thing so I could plumb in a tankless hot water heater. Needless to say, I did, and it worked flawlessly. I am a jack of all trades and almost a master at a few of them by now :D

Hey bro congratz on that stuff... So freaking awesome for you :D show us some of your work when you can brother ...

• Like 1

Hey bro congratz on that stuff... So freaking awesome for you :D show us some of your work when you can brother ...

Dont worry, once the wrap vinyl gets here, I am going to set up my video camera to video the whole process. I then will load that up into windows movie maker and put it at double or triple speed. That way, the whole world can see my goofy arse taking my 1st crack at wrapping a vehicle :P I like to take lots of pics too, so you and everyone else will see probably at least 20 or so pictures if not more about what I am doing. :D

• Like 1

Man the only thing i ever wrap was my cell phone LOL i did it in GOLD it looked like a gold bar hehe .. wrap cars are pretty popular out in Reno here and Cali ...

See, that is what I SHOULD do first, wrap small stuff. But, I have bigger fish to fry, and I am going right to the truck. :D I figure that will expedite my learning curve just a little bit! My truck is pretty straight, no rust, but its a '98. So of course being 14 years old, it has some scratches and other little imperfections that I am going to neatly hide :D The bottom half is going to stay black, but the top half is going Gloss White. I am excited to change to the white because the black just cooks in the sun. Yes, my A/C works rather well (38 degrees out the vents). Anyways, sorry for the rambling, but I am excited excited excited! (huh.. I wonder if he's excited). Can anyone pin the movie reference? Give ya a hint, instead of excited, the word is glad.. lol Cookies to the winner!