Hummer

Viny On Canvas

Hello all;

Just a quick question...

I have just cut out and applied some lettering onto 'primed' canvas blocks. I did not 'paint' the canvas first, as this is not the effect I was looking for, just applied the letters directly onto the canvas. Do I need to coat this vinyl canvas with anything to seal it so that the letters will not fall of, and if so, what product do you suggest?

Thank you, as always for any suggestions...

• Like 2

Here is what I have done. I took the blank canvas and painted it a solid color. Then I cut out a saying in vinyl. I then used the outline of the vinyl and applied it to the canvas as a stencil. I then spray painted over my stencil and let dry. I peeled off my stencil and it looks like it was hand painted!! Gives it that hand done look.

• Like 1

Here is something else I did.  (since I caught a good deal on canvas at walmart)  I took a blank canvas and then cut a design out of vinyl.  Now you can use the design itself or the negative of it, either way..... I then applied to the canvas.  I then took some glow in the dark paint and painted over it all.  Then I removed the vinyl!  Now hang it on a wall (most likely in a room the will go completely dark at some point like a bedroom.)  I did a silhoutte of Elvis.  Hung in master bedroom, now when we turn out the lights to go to bed an image of the king appears ..... and during the day it just appears to be a blank canvas on the wall!

I have applied the vinyl directly to a painted canvas. If you are gonna leave the vinyl on you will need to seal.. I noticed on one that i did not seal the letters wanted to lift up.

Plus, if you are going to hang it outside, mold/mildew will become a problem.  You can seal it with clear Krylon spray from Walmart/Lowes found in the paint department.

You guys should really go through and fix your thread titles. You have misspelled titles, vague titles, etc. It's a hot mess. :D I'm a super mod on another forum and I fix titles constantly.

For instance, this title is thoughtfully-spelled as 'Viny on Canvas'. I'm guessing that's misspelled. Search-engine usability is also compromised if you leave titles misspelled.

That's it. Take it as you will. :)

Looks like if you're going to bust on other people and their grammar, you should probably make sure your posts are perfect professor.  Most of us have long graduated our school years.  Lighten up and don't sweat the small stuff.     

• Like 2

We had another grammer/spelling OCD a while back . . . .people didn't seem to appreciate it . . . . ummm he is no longer with us just sayin

• Like 2