speleopower

font does not cut correctly

Yes they are very simple machines and luckily I'm reasonable smart and sometimes I have to stare at a problem for awhile before a solution hits me. I sat down and went over every change I could think of that I have made to the cutter setup and software setup. Over the past couple of weeks I have changed so many settings that I was starting to get frustrated. But tonight when I was staring at the cutter as it cut I realized the pinch rollers are not tight. A few weeks ago I was making a sticker and the pinch rollers made marks on the vinyl so I loosened up the pinch rollers. I must not have realized it then but that change caused the vinyl to slip a tiny bit when the rollers started to move and also why no matter what blade offset I put the software on problem was the same i.e. the start cut was a tiny scallop but the end cut was ok. The vinyl slipped a tiny bit when it started moving but would then cut fine until another cut was started.

I really cranked down on the pinch rollers and now the cut is 95% better. ;D Now I can start really tweaking the settings again to get it cutting hot straight and normal.

I will post a picture of the computer screen and a square tomorrow.

-Scott

Yes, The rollers will leave very heavy track lines in the vinyl. Crank them puppies down

After really working on some 1/2" letter I'm still finding they don't cut well. I'm going to get a support ticket in with USCutter. Even graphics have the little scalloped cut before the real cut starts. I've been trying to take a picture but it is to small for my camera to capture.

I'm still getting the tiny scallop in the cut. Has anyone had this same issue?

I have not had a chance to call up USCutter yet.

-Scott

Do as SA says and post a screen shot of your set up page. It will help. Or at the very least tell us what your offset is set at in signblazer and what selection you have in cutter movement. Those are the only two I think matter, the other ones are just options that can be toggled depending on the job.

Your problem is most definitely your offset. It takes some time to tune it in. Having said that, these are still budget, entry cutters. There will be some slop in engineering, this isn't the Red bull stratos after all. You might have to live with some of it.

either SA Grphix is on the right track and these are very small letters - the blade free drags to the path so when it starts the cut it may be off to one side or the other and gets pulled onto the proper path causing the tails you see. the cheaper cutters have also been know to have the gripping rollers be loose causing slop or a loose belt.

Here is a SignBlazer screenshot.

Not sure why it won't show up big. But the information is:

Blade offset .35mm

No X axis override

Cut direction is "clockwise"

Cutter movement is "Best tracking (Minimize vinyl movement)"

Which cutter in the SignBlazer software should I choose? There is no option for a SC machine. I have choosen just about all of them and some cut and some don't.

I'm starting to lean toward the theory that the blade "free drags to the path" which is why there is tiny scallop shaped cuts. Which cutter will change the blade position so it will cut correctly and not "free drag"

No it's not blade offset. I have done multiple cuts from 0 offset all the way to 3mm in 0.1mm increments. The problem occurs in all blade offsets settings. It's not the rollers loose (I have tools), the belt is not loose (I have tools), and yes the carriage is on the track

The odd thing is the first cuts I made with the cutter did not show these scallops. One of the first images I cut was a very detailed and small sea turtle. I still have that cut vinyl sticker and I DO NOT see the little scalloped cuts where the blade was "free dragging to the path".

-Scott

post-24954-0-63868300-1350959510.png

What is the offset set at on your cutter? Everything I have ever read said to set the offset in signblazer to .00. I found it works best for my cutter.

This is most definitely an offset problem. Or just you've exceeded the limits of the cutter and are cutting to small. Try doubling the size of the text and see how that looks.

If you would use the Signblazer UK version. Your cutter is on it. a Liyu. 631 or other models. All of these blades drag. There is no blade position. Your blade offset changes that, on how start and ends meet.

post-3058-0-81941100-1350968351.jpg

I know it's not what you want to hear but if you are doing small stuff one work "graphtec" . . . . . I worked up thru the pcut, MH x3, copam, rolands and graphtecs and small stuff graphtecs all the way. the cheaper cutter are good at selling beer!

I am doing a range of cutting sizes from small to large. This issue is happening on just about every cut from 1/2 tall letters to 5" tall letters. What I don't understand is I do not see evidence of this problem on material from back when I first got the cutter.

Yeah I'm leaning toward a Graphtec at this point.

+1 on the Graphtec, you will never look back. Quiet and smooth, have had mine since 2008 , bought new , never a problem.

I even bought my son the CE5000-60 earlier in the year. He loves it, but it is his first machine. He started his own business, and I didn't want him starting out, fighting with an entry level cutter. It's too frustrating starting out new,

The wierd thing of this whole issue is the first cuts I made with the machine were perfect (I still have some of the images I cut). There was no little scallop cut before the real cut starts.

Where is a link to the UK version of SignBlazer?

Thanks-Scott

Thank you for posting. I'm going to try that and might just buy the new "Sure Cuts Alot" program.

-Scott

Piscespokerbrat- I wish it was a software issue. Cutter did not do the little scallop when I first got it. The cutter does the same scallop on Signblazer and Sign Cut Pro. It's a cutter hardware issue not software as far as I can tell. Yeah I'm going to get Sure Cuts Alot but I'm not feeling it will get rid of the scallop cut.

The good thing with Signblazer is it's free and works very well.

But since your getting a free copy of Sure Cuts Alot and will become an expert in using it I"m sure you will be able to help get rid of the scallop.

-Scott

Stalking me Scott ;-) lmao I offered to evaluate their program, and I was told they "preferred to find good representatives of the forum community." So basically, I was told today that I am not that and my input that I offer whatever it may be is not valued. So, I passed. They can find someone else. I'll continue to buy my vinyl from them since its the cheapest around. But if I ever found equivalent prices and shipping elsewhere, I wouldnt hesitate to not shop USC.

I offered to evaluate their program, and I was told they "preferred to find good representatives of the forum community." So basically, I was told today that I am not that and my input that I offer whatever it may be is not valued. So, I passed. They can find someone else.

Makes sense to me, they want "seasoned" members of the forum.

I just ordered a copy of Sure Cuts a Lot and hope to learn quite a bit. I"m by no means and expert graphics person and have only scratched the surface of Sign Blazer.

Wish I could get the little scallop cut figured out on my cutter. But I don't think it is software related because the issue happens in both Sign Blazer and SignCut Pro.

-Scott

I am having this problem now also. I had this thing for over 3 years with no problems and just started happening.

My question to you is- did you do the Signblazer crack to get past the trial pop up?

I am trying to figure out if that is the problem because I did just that about 2 months ago.

I am having the same problem scallop cut and the lines are not matching up making weeding almost impossibe. I also cut many items and it just started. I have been using sure cuts alot 3 all along. If i set over cut it just misscuts the line longer and makes the letters rip. I cant seem to figure this one out either.