SurberSigns

my website and latest project

iv been messing around with wordpress and trying to figure out what type of layout for my website i want to run. right now its nothing special but a basic layout with a gallery of all my vinyl work so customers can take a look at what i can do.... my contact info is there, twitter, facebook, customer reviews ect... still working on it but here is what it looks like now: www.surbersigns.com

also, i am doing the lettering for a new barber shop here in town. besides the logo on the window, i have applied 6 black strips going acorss that are 7x40. so far i got this done:

2gv7uk0.jpg

a2dxlf.png

I sure wouldn't be advertising copyrighted items you have done,, on a website that is worldwide...Your just asking for trouble. Wonder what Monster thinks about you selling/recreating their logo? Or Florida Gators? another copyright.

• Like 2

I would ABSOLUTELY get rid of the copyright stuff..... The big boys do not play well when you start stepping on their toes and taking money from their pockets....

i am not selling any monster or gator logos..... i made them, YES.... for practice.... i am not selling them what so ever.

but just because you guys are so awesome.... i took em down.

i am not selling any monster or gator logos..... i made them, YES.... for practice.... i am not selling them what so ever.

I understand but if one of the big boy's people saw it, they'd probably make a federal case out it, and you don't need the hassle.

lol thought you weren't selling these? Right from your FACEBOOK site MONSTER ANYONE???

anyone can find those...

1. Surber Signs
    July 28
    Monster anyone? :)
    551136_508925252467811_817147365_n.jpg

that does not mean im SELLING it..... do you see a price? no...

Monster can see it ,,,and you don't need a price quoted...you copied their logo and posted it on the web..you are sharing a copyrighted logo with the world that is not a REAL.. Monster decal, it is a counterfeit..and your even adding the word MONSTER, to go with the ad. for this decal. and you don't own that company. copyright infringement

• Like 1

Even as practice it is illegal to produce any copyrighted image or anything that even resembles the original art work... I learned the hard way it is NOT worth it at all.....

• Like 1

Listen to good advice they are not putting you down just warning you of the hurt that using copyrighted material can bring you and the few dollars is not worth it .

Dan

• Like 1

Good choice in removing them. Also beware of any customers (you don't personally know), coming in and asking for specific copyrighted images, logo's, etc. When my brother in law, the lawyer, rides up on his Fatboy, you'd never think he's also a part time "Harley rep".