mxracer394

ready to get a cutter...advice needed

Well it was misleading to me.....and if im asking ignorant questions my apologies....I just feel that the replies I get back.from a cutter forum will be alot better advice than using my own judgment on which.one to get....im going to buy a cheap cutter to get use to using and see if I even enjoy it....but I do appreciate the helpful replies im getting.

Actually got another question.....from doing my research im noy sure if the 34" mh will work properly with my windows vista laptop

Actually got another question.....from doing my research im noy sure if the 34" mh will work properly with my windows vista laptop

So,, what research shows that you can't use it with a Vista laptop?

Just a little help before making a purchase, It is always best to run a vinyl cutter on serial, but you can also use a Keyspan adapter on a laptop. which make the connection much better.

Well it was misleading to me.....and if im asking ignorant questions my apologies....I just feel that the replies I get back.from a cutter forum will be alot better advice than using my own judgment on which.one to get....im going to buy a cheap cutter to get use to using and see if I even enjoy it....but I do appreciate the helpful replies im getting.

I was not implying that they were not relevant questions I was just stressing the importance of becoming knowledgeable of the different cutters before making a decision and in the end only you can decide what will work best for you and your needs .

Dan

Thanks alot that was a helpful link...I just googled uscutter mh vista and seen were people had some issues with a laptop not have the serial port

Thanks alot that was a helpful link...I just googled uscutter mh vista and seen were people had some issues with a laptop not have the serial port

Your welcome....that is what the keyspan adapter is for... You can connect your cutter with serial to your laptop...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c0999baa2

i think im gonna go with the sc 34" im seeing way to many post on issues with the mh model

slice can you give me some pointers on getting it setup i see your pretty knowledgable with the sc

You're welcome, glad to assist.

Here are my own observations regarding the SC ----

1. Watch a YouTube SC-stand assembly video (and use a magnetic screwdriver because it's tricky to seat the screws into the side holes) and remember that the rubber feet will need to come off and then reattached to the machine from under the two brackets in order to get the unit mounted to the stand.

2. Ground the cutter to the stand - I used a self-tapping screw. You'll need to provide your own wire.

3. When inserting the blade, it is going to sit REALLY deep into the holder, almost not even sticking out.

4. I have my downforce pressure set to 2g.

5. Always make sure your vinyl is tracking properly, by manually advancing it a few feet and seeing that it isn't shifting.

6. As a rule, don't let the cutter pull vinyl directly from a roll, but rather unspool the amount you require and leave it loose.

7. While not provided with the cutter, having a catch-basket is very nice, and making one yourself isn't too complicated. Search the forums for instructions and photos of how to do that.

That's about it for me, let's hear how you do after it shows up.

Thanks alot for that info, will definitely let ya know when it gets here. Where is the best.place to buy vinyl online price and shipping time...also where can I order supply catalogs

Thanks alot for that info, will definitely let ya know when it gets here. Where is the best.place to buy vinyl online price and shipping time...also where can I order supply catalogs

If you order the vinyl with the cutter, EVERYTHING will be shipped for $9.00, Yes, I said everything for $9.00....Great prices on name brand vinyl... Not knowing where you live, I can't judge your shipping time,

.. Do searches on the internet.. Catalogs are online for many places. Search for the item you want to purchase. Many suppliers online.

UScutter has a wide variety of items.

When configuring your cutter order, there was an option of getting a 9-color starter pack of 30" x 10 yards Oracal vinyl for $260. (under $30 a roll, which works out to about a buck a linear foot)

In my small shop, I was able to produce a few signs within the first week of getting those rolls, and got paid nearly $1000. for that work, covering my outlay cost for the SC, all the vinyl, and then some.

The markups on vinyl cutting is so great, that it's not worth worrying about saving a buck or two on supplies, the key thing is having enough vinyl on hand and try to avoid having to wait days and days to get re-stocked. Believe me, once you get going, you'll be amazed at how rapidly you start running out of materials.

10-yards goes quick.

Yeah I seen the starter packs but I really didnt care for any of the colors....im wanting to find a fluorescent yellow color I have seen...can't find it tho...also what oracle is brightest....I want good stuff but with alot of standout yo it

I ordered the SC Monday night....im working nights this week. Woke up and the wife said I had a package....and I'll be damned if NY cutter already showed up.....now that is service.... Only problem is my laptop has a busted screen so in stuck waiting on it now

Welcome to the world of cheap but fast shipping. When I ordered my Graphtec with starter package, they shipped 3 large, heavy boxes for $9 and it showed up less than 48 hours after I ordered it. I've placed two orders with them in the few weeks since, and each time it showed up within 2 days of me placing the order. It's almost too good to be true!

You can pretty much depend on US Cutter for immediate shipments, which is excellent when ordering vinyl and other consumables.

In the meantime, go ahead and set up the stand, organize your work area, make sure you have things located in an ergonomic and practical way for production, and do some test cuts to verify the blade is correctly positioned in the holder, and familiarize yourself with the cutter keypad controls (including checking that your vinyl runs without shifting).

I got it put together...what should the speed be on...also to get the blade where manual says its not barely just visible...also what angle should the blade be facing?

Top speed, man. 600. Downforce, maybe 20. Or less.

Blade spins 360-degrees. Put a drop of 3-in-1 oil in there and let it rotate like crazy!

One other thing..... Slice, what were you referring to grounding to the stand... Im not seeing a wire or anything to ground

OK, here's the procedure for grounding ---

When you look at the bottom of the machine, there's a bolt that's marked with the "ground" symbol and that is where you attach a wire (you supply the wire, anything you have is fine, even speaker wire) -- the other end of the wire will now be affixed to a nearby point on the stand frame with a self-tapping screw (maybe worthwhile to scrape away the paint and be sure of the contact).