Dragonduster

Hatsune Miku

i made the EPS from a jpg, deleted some parts and background, then made it vector with the quick trace with inkscape, but when the cutter is cutting, it looks like its cutting in waves, but the cutings are fine in some parts, in others looks a little wavy when you look at them very close, is it because the vector is imperfect?

post-24904-0-94598900-1337835394.jpg

when you say clean, do you mean remove the dots that are everywhere? because i did that :P

while watching the vector, it looks fine, but when i click in the nodes, there is a ton of them

Think of a node as a place the blade turns. So lets say you have a straight line, one that looks straight to you. Well if there are 15 nodes on that line. It isn't straight. You should have a straight line with 1 node on each end. You can even have curves with a node on each end. So if your curves have 15 nodes its way to many. But that doesn't mean going and deleting all the nodes. You have to learn which need to stay and which need to go. Trial and error is your best bet. Delete a node, does it still look the same? If it does then it wasn't needed. If it is all haphazard then you needed that node. Just control+Z to undo. Then move to the next node. Rinse Repeat.

If you do a trace with inkscape and the graphic has 10,000 nodes then your settings are probably wrong, try messing with them, each graphic will be different. What I usually do is convert the graphic at least 4 times with different settings and see which one looks the best with the least nodes.

Then again, im still only about 2 months into this kind of work. I have a LONG way to go before I really know what im talking about. I could be doing it completely wrong and one of the pros will come put me in my place. Thats just the way I do it but if theres a better way Im all ears.

yes, i was messing with the settings but never checked about nodes, was just looking how the image was coming out and which one was better looking :P.

from distance (1 ft away) looks good but closer u can see the little weavy :P

I was going to try to attempt a 3 color of her, my younger daughter loves Hatsune Miku!

Looks great!