Dragonduster

my first successful cut!!

thanks to Slice&Dice for helping me, i finally made my first cut successful with my SC cutter, the only problem i had is to remove the vinyl's cut from inside the vinyl and while i was removing the big part of the vinyl, i took some small cuts that were in the nose of the dragon, the only way i found to remove those little cuts were with a vinyl, sticking to them then removing them, was hard since the lines are small and hard to not stick the vinyl on them, at first i wasnt sure about the cutter, but after watching this cut, im glad i bought this one, will move to graphtec if i get the money =D

post-24904-0-07036300-1337454483.jpg

Not real clear on the OP but it sounds like you are having a hard time removing small pieces that are supposed to come out of the design? I myself use Olfa SVR2 knives. They are mainly a tint knife so that is what I always have stuck to my shirt anyhow. A lot of guys prefer to use exacto knives. Really any kind of a hobby knife that has a real sharp point will save you a lot of time. You can pick them up at most any hobby shop.

Looks good, I always have a dental pick close by to help keep the small pieces in place when weeding. The more you cut the more you learn what to do and not to do.

yes, thats what i mean volt, also how to remove the big ones while not removing the small ones? i will upload the EPS so u can see the difference, just look at the nose

Stu: thanks, i picked it from a template tho, i didnt make it xD

Cowboy: yes, mine had some dent marks too and thats how i removed them with my fingers :P

Peel at an angle to the vinyl slowly working it back and forth. There are many You Tube videos out there. (It's easier to watch then it is to describe.) Get your self a roll and just cut different things are practice. Years ago when I got first cut I labeled EVERYTHING in the house. My girlfriend used to get mad because everything (alright most everything) she grabbed was either labeled with its name or a cut out of what it was. Hair dryer, coffee pot, remote, door. Anything you can make to practice on. Once you get started it gets in your blood and you will be hooked!

lol i got hooked already!!!!

i did something for my parents restaurant, the letters saying from what time to what time opens and what day closes, but in some parts like in the M, it has some wave from the inclined lines only, also it didnt cut from the 1 to the E as shown in the picture, i did 2 of the same since its 12x12" i did it 2 times to get the 12"x24" (the size of the vinyl) the first one got it all cut fine, except from the wave lines, but the second one, went from the 1 to the E and the letters between them didnt cut any, just a straight line from the 1 to E.

post-24904-0-57550900-1337460533.jpg

Looks like you must have your cutter hooked up via USB..... It is a very common issue with the entry level cutters to not always cooperate on USB.... Make sure you have a good ground from the cutter to the stand and use a serial connection or get a keyspan adapter.

Not real clear on the OP but it sounds like you are having a hard time removing small pieces that are supposed to come out of the design? I myself use Olfa SVR2 knives. They are mainly a tint knife so that is what I always have stuck to my shirt anyhow. A lot of guys prefer to use exacto knives. Really any kind of a hobby knife that has a real sharp point will save you a lot of time. You can pick them up at most any hobby shop.

I use the same thing for cutting, but for weeding i use something different, not sure what the real name is but here's a PICTURE (one closest)

When i have more detail and small cuts i break out high performance vinyl just weeds like butter as some of my other stickers/vinyl i do not so nice.

If you plan on doing big cuts like 1 big sticker or many small ones i would get anti static mats, if you are on carpet... it got old every time you go to touch the machine getting shocked :(

Thats a knife from a hobby knife kit. Xacto makes one like it comes in a nice little case with an assortment of hooks, picks, and blades.

also take a small dowel and clip the head of a stick pin off and insert it into the dowel with a bit of epoxy and you have a nice weeding tool. I also use a pair of very pointed tweezers to weed the small stuff,

also take a small dowel and clip the head of a stick pin off and insert it into the dowel with a bit of epoxy and you have a nice weeding tool. I also use a pair of very pointed tweezers to weed the small stuff,

this helps a lot since sometimes i get small cuts in my fingers trying to put them in place again :(

this helps a lot since sometimes i get small cuts in my fingers trying to put them in place again :(

yeah i got lucky my knife set came with a little prod like that but i need to make one for doing other things like removing bubbles in the layers.