Dragonduster

Hello everyone!! new too all

hi, i have been reading the forum for some days and decided to register today.

i am new to all this, i bought the vinyl long time ago to make some letters and weed them in a window for my dad and i did all the cutting manually, its A LOT of work to draw the letters, then cutting them without error >.< then he asked me to put the phone number too.....

i decided i should get a vinyl cutter to make my life easier, and i would use it for personal uses (modding my pc) but since i will have the cutter, i could get some cash doing work for other people so my question is, which cutter should i start with? i want to buy the 34" one at least but i see there are many models and i am not sure which should be good for me. any advice will be welcomed.

I use the MH-Series and love it, but if you want to do contour cutting i would look into the SC Series, not sure how much you are looking to spend thoes are the cheap options

I kind of wish i got the SC Series, but i think im just going save up and buy a Graphtec :D

Also welcome to the forum!

Hello and welcome . Research and weigh all your options before you decide things like contour cut ,size ,price etc. don't jump in before you decide the best options for you .

Dan

thank you everyone, i have been thinking whats best for me and for size i would need one that can cut at least 24" but a 34" would bee good in case i get something bigger (a job i mean)

i waned to get the cheapest one at first but from reviews i have seen people wanted to get the SC serie instead of the MH and for contour....... i am not very sure, but i guess the laser the SC has will help me cut printed decals?

do i really need to buy a starter kit? what size should i get for the transfer? i used to buy a 2" tape, put together many to make it letter size then stick it to my pants then remove and repeat some times because the glue was very strong, a 6" and 12" should be good sizes?

is there a place where i can get the kraft paper in smaller length? i dont think i will ever need 1100' atm, but would like something like 300'

thank you everyone, i have been thinking whats best for me and for size i would need one that can cut at least 24" but a 34" would bee good in case i get something bigger (a job i mean)

i waned to get the cheapest one at first but from reviews i have seen people wanted to get the SC serie instead of the MH and for contour....... i am not very sure, but i guess the laser the SC has will help me cut printed decals?

do i really need to buy a starter kit? what size should i get for the transfer? i used to buy a 2" tape, put together many to make it letter size then stick it to my pants then remove and repeat some times because the glue was very strong, a 6" and 12" should be good sizes?

is there a place where i can get the kraft paper in smaller length? i dont think i will ever need 1100' atm, but would like something like 300'

To the starter kit and masking question i would say no, just need a squeegee, xacto knife, scissors ( Big ones are nice) that should be it, and masking paper i would get more then just one, i have 2", 4", 6", 8", 12", 24", and 30" in paper and clear just nice to have all the sizes so you are not wasting anything my 2cents.

well at first i thought that too, but i cant spend that much money atm, i think i can spend $1000 with tax, shipping and all material i will need (incluiding some vinyl rolls)

is there a lot of difference in quality with orca and green vinyls? the 50yrd have like 20 dlls in difference for the price, or if not quality, whats the difference?

The vinyl differ in quality like every thing else I have not heard great reviews on the greenstar vinyls the oracal 651 Calandered for banners and short term signs and 751 cast for cars and signs that need to last a while vinyl just like the cutters improve in quality as the price increases . Buy the best you can afford in both and you won't be sorry . Like I said reasearch a lot before buying and become educated on cutters and supplys beforehand . Good luck .

Dan

well at first i thought that too, but i cant spend that much money atm, i think i can spend $1000 with tax, shipping and all material i will need (incluiding some vinyl rolls)

is there a lot of difference in quality with orca and green vinyls? the 50yrd have like 20 dlls in difference for the price, or if not quality, whats the difference?

If you are going with the MH series, you could get a good amount of supplies after buying the machine. for around 500 bucks you can have a decent supply of vinyl, masking etc.

If you can i would try and get setup with a local distributor to get better deals on vinyl, like where i get all my stuff, its free next day delivery too.

If you are going with the MH series, you could get a good amount of supplies after buying the machine. for around 500 bucks you can have a decent supply of vinyl, masking etc.

If you can i would try and get setup with a local distributor to get better deals on vinyl, like where i get all my stuff, its free next day delivery too.

well the vinyl where i can get them, they sell it for around $2-2.5 a feet of vinyl of 24" so it would be better to buy it from here, a lot more cheaper

thanks for the replies, i will keep reading more and will see if i should get the MH over the SC or not.

Your question basically is -- MH or SC?

I have both, and the SC is much quieter.

If you don't care about the noise factor, the MH will be fine for you.

By the way, when I ordered my SC 34" last week, I added a sample assortment of GREENSTAR InstaBanner material for $130.

The box arrived today, and I discovered that it's VERY cool stuff. I figure that I'll make 12 banners (2'x8' approx.) and get $50 each. (These Insta-Banners are ideal to use with Banner Clips) http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/1619/category_id/29/product_name/Banner+Clips%2C+package+of+50

So, producing those banners will pay for the entire order, and I have a "free" cutter.

well i decided i would go with the SC, i dont mind the noise that much, but it has 12 months warranty and from the video it seems the build is better.

the GREENSTAR instabanner is out of stcok already since i found UScutter.com

UScutter are selling a bundle in ebay that i am interested with, i wont be using the heat press, but from all the other stuff i will get, it will be worth it i think, but shipping is $100 for that bundle while shipping in their webpage is only $9 and they dont have that bundle in their webpage.

it has the SC cutter and flexy 10 with dongle while the bundle here has the MH and doesnt have flexy =\, i will keep looking.

when does UScutter make specials? i subscribed and i havent seen any email from the newsletter U_U

:( i havent had any.

anyways i decided already and bought a bundle that UScutter was selling in ebay and this will be weird but i am disappointed that UScutter ships too fast!!!!

i saw 1 bundle with flexy v10 with dongle but was a 25" and had bundle for Tshirt heating decals, i found another one that was vinyl cutting only and was 34" so i bought it, then noticed it had corel draw x3 (that i have already =\) and i didnt noticed t until i was telling a friend all the accesories it had, then noticed it, i found a 53" one with flexy 10 for 130 dlls more, i tried to cancel my order (but i always pay once i ake purchase) and asked UScutter but they told me they were packaging it already and couldnt do anything about it, the only thing i can do is return it once i receive it, there will be a 20% restocking fee and then i could buy the 53" one, thats 90 dlls more than the $130 i was planning to spend :(

all thats lest if to see if someone around here wants to buy corel draw x3 lol no point having 2 same version of lisenced software =\

lol i did, and i decided to get the SC of 34", thats when i found them having different bundles on ebay with flexy 10 free :(