michaelphay87

please look at my image and tell me what you think

so i just bought this thing and i tried a few cuts and this what came out 2 really messed up stars i am using signblazer and am totally new to this but but i have picked up alot so far so can some tell me what the cutter is doing wrong if its making really cappy cuts like this :huh:??

fdupimage.jpg

If you post the file , we could look at the file & make sure that the decal you are getting is what is being sent to the cutter or not . The best trial is to open the library ( under " Draw " ) & cut something in it . It looks like the same exact mistakes are in both of your decals . The cutter might ( probably ) be cutting it exactly as it is recieving it .

• Like 1

1 second ........ TIME !!! :)

• Like 1

What kind of cutter is it? My guess is if it's an entry level cutter and you are cutting through a USB there may be an issue there... I have used a few different cutters and always seem to eventually have an issue if connected through USB. Unless you step up to a professional grade cutter.

Make sure the blade is held secure . I would think it would not be as consistant as the 1rst decals if the blade was wobbly . USB connection is my guess also .

would there be a way to see if that is the problem b4 i buy it ?

honestly for the entry level cutters a serial connection is the way to go anyway. If on stand, ground the cutter to the stand. The MH series cutters also have limited memory.. There used to be a memory chip you could purchase on UScutter, to add memory, but don't think they have it in stock now. Are you sure you have the blade correctly installed? A drop of oil in blade holder can help blade spin freely. Make sure there is no pieces of scrap vinyl in blade holder, that will cause problems.

Post the files..Its hard to diagnos the problem without knowing is i=your file or something else..Lots of folks on here use SB..Post the file and let us look into your problem...

so you cut the TV logo twice and it looks the same? That would seem like its before the cutter.

How does the cutting strip look? Thats the strip right below the blade, its plastic. It shouldnt have any nicks or slices in it. I would also check your blade holder. And if you send the carraige back and forth does it move smooth? How if you feed vinyl in and out, does it feed smooth?

yes it looks excatly the same.the carraige runs smooth and the vinyl seems to run smooth i can take a video of it cutting :huh: will this help at all ?

would it make a difference since i hade to change the name of my usb port to com 2 since when i plugged it in it would show up as com12 all the others are being used except com1 or 2 i dont know what would be hooked up because there is nothing hooked up to my laptop

I dont think a video would help any. If its cutting the exact same both times I think your cutter is doing what its told to do. So it would have to be either the computer or the cord. I would start with the cord, You should be able to run to best buy and get a new cord. You should even be able to get a keyspan there.

The only other thing I would think about would be to reload signblazer, maybe it got messed up during the install.

I have been through this on a few machines with a few different systems and replacing the USB with either a serial cable or Keyspan adapter has always solved the problems. USB communication on these entry level "Chinese" machines just isn't there yet. If you go with a higher grade system they seem to have better driver and boards inside them that work with the USB. My cutter worked fine for a few months on USB then one day half way through a cut it went bazzerk and after a couple days with messing around I switched to a serial connection and it has been flawless ever since... (Well as flawless as a $250 cutter can be.)

Also I read before that the USB device/port on cheaper machines are inferior to what they use on higher end machine ( who would have thunk that ?? :) ) serial cable eliminates that .

I have had my MH cutter for about a year, and have only used it with the USB and on a laptop. I know that when I did the upgrade of SB (so I didn't have to deal with the nag screens) it took me awhile to find the right driver to get it to cut right. I ended up using one for Redsail. Maybe change the driver from the cut screen to find one that will cut right.

I think the vinyl is slipping. On the TV image, looks like only the diagonal lines are screwed up. The "T" looks straight and square, although maybe not symmetrical.

I thought the vinyl might be slipping too but if the same image is cut multiple times looking the exact same, then it cant be slipping.

I dunno guys, I've been cutting with a cheap cutter from a laptop via USB for about four years and I've never seen anything like that before. I might be goin out on a limb here but did you check to see if "auto weld" was activated? Other than that I have no idea. Try sticking dryer sheets in your rolls and cutting, that at least helps with static.

Lots of luck!