SunriseTowingAndRecovery

New to the site and new to vinyle

Hey guys I'm debaiting on which machine to order from uscutter. What I will be using the machine for is personal use. I own a towing company and would like to make my own tow away signs and letter up my own trucks. Any info would be greatly be appreciated. If all goes well I will make an addition to my building and maybe even consider going retail with this.

Sorry I misspelled vinyl in the title!

The 24" graphtec kit is the way to go.... I really really really kick myself for not going with that.... They are very user friendly and the cut quality is amazing

I use a Vinyl Express machine and I cut everyday with it as it's my source of income... Its ok on large cuts but anything small and detailed it just doesn't have the finesse for that.... I have to adjust it all the time and its a constant headache. I bought it just to do a few things here and there and walk back into vinyl work but I wish I would have bought a better unit. If you don't want to jump in with the Graphtec I would say my next choice would be the Pcut... I had one of those a few years back and never ever had any issues with it.

My buddy bought a vinyl express 60 machine deal & he was upset when my $600 Copam cut much better than his $2K deal cutter . The above posted advice is good .. but the Copam or the Zen black does a great job also . Sort of a " Snap On " vs " Crafstman " tool comparison IMO . My Copam does everything I want , including some very small decals which my buddys cutter can't . I decided on a Copam because it was not that much more than the entry level cutters & the Copam has great reviews from everybody except 1 extremely dramatic person who " may " have gotten a dud .

Ive been using 2 Pcuts for 4 years now by no means light usage, an average day there running 4 to 6 hours constant and never had a problem. They are a work horse for the price.

I am getting rid of my VE in the next couple weeks and moving into a better unit... I have some of the schools here wanting smaller more detailed things cut and this machine just won't do it.. I can't afford the Graphtec right now but have to upgrade from what I have.

I know what most "tow away" signs look like, and they have a rather extensive amount of text on them.

(small texts)

The advice about the COPAM / ZEN is logical and appropriate for your needs, IMO.

I intend to buy one of those units this summer as a back-up to my MH (entry-level) cutter that I'm currently working with in my retail studio.

By the way, most Tow Away signs around here are PRINTED (silk-screened) and not cut-vinyl lettered, because they wouldn't stand up to the abuse of passers-by (who would pick apart the sign lettering if it was just stick-ons).

I know what most "tow away" signs look like, and they have a rather extensive amount of text on them.

(small texts)

The advice about the COPAM / ZEN is logical and appropriate for your needs, IMO.

I intend to buy one of those units this summer as a back-up to my MH (entry-level) cutter that I'm currently working with in my retail studio.

By the way, most Tow Away signs around here are PRINTED (silk-screened) and not cut-vinyl lettered, because they wouldn't stand up to the abuse of passers-by (who would pick apart the sign lettering if it was just stick-ons).

Im the only company in my area that does Tow Aways. I have over 1000 signs out in the Long Island region. Some signs being vinyl and others being silk screened. In no way have either of the signs outlasted the other they both withstand weather conditions just fine. The only problem I have with the signs are the bums steal them sometimes and scrap them for aluminum.

The p cut is a good choice and so is the copam get the best you can afford if you are serious about opening a retail store . My pcut will cut 1/4 in. letters . The higher price units have digital servo motors that run smother and cuts cleaner the cheaper units have stepper motors . My advice to read and research plenty before making up your mind . Good luck on your new venture .

Dan

24 inch will do most any thing you would need .

Go with a Gaphtec. Very easy to use and very accurate.You will never have a problem with smaller text or detail work. It will be the only cutter you will need or many years.

I can comfortably afford $1500.

I agree, If you can afford the Graphtec, jump on it. I have owned mine for over 4 years. and never a problem. A fantastic cutter.

I can comfortably afford $1500.

Defiantly the Graphtec then it will also have a much better resale value if you should decide not to continue cutting vinyl but I would doubt it it sorta gets in your blood lol.

Dan

http://www.uscutter....quipment+Bundle is this what everyone is talking about?

Yes, that is what most are referring to, but you can also go larger. I have a Graphtec FC7000-75 which is a 30", and have never regretted have a larger size. I have never needed larger than 30" . But the larger size is there when I need it....I purchased it new in '08 and have never had a problem with it.

vrpro what sizes are your pcuts? Wow keep all the info coming guys!

Pcut 630's 24" First one was a Demo unit. It has been the workhorse of the 3. The 2nd one was a new in the box P630 and It had a few issues lol. I was wondering with all I read prior to buying mine if it would hold up but at the time the budget wouldnt allow for a higher in machine. Over 3 years later my Pcuts are running great with no signs of giving up the ghost yet! I run them 6 days a week 2 times a month I run 1200 4" x 18" decals for a trailer company. Its a weekend thing with 4 to 6 weeders to keep up with the cutters LOL. Anyway, I cant say enough about my Pcuts!

Nuff said

we run 2 shifts on those weekends. Monster and Pizza :)

.post-3809-0-22500700-1336182035.jpgpost-3809-0-84891100-1336182051.jpg