livinloudgraphics

how to do this in flexi

im trying to recreate this decal but im forgetting on how to figure this out i have the treads and the words im just trying to figure out how i would cut this out or recreate it so it will be like the photo ive watched mutliple videos and asked some pro and Even asked the owner and i dont think they want to share it

post-17596-0-87082000-1334033798.jpg

nuts.eps

Guys, what he is trying to do- which I can do in Corel- is he has the bogger tread and the font he wants to use. Now just the question is how to create the text outline, seperate it so the tread pattern can be punched or masked and then the text put over the top.

If you have Flexi 10 pro..go to effects and select remove common or cut out..I am going by memory due t me not being at the shop this late..sorry hope it helps...

• Like 1

see if theres a tab with what I explained on it..Effects, cut out or remove common..Might help..Sorry don't know 8..

you want something like this then. It is easy to do. Just pick out your text outline it to the size you want i went .200 then separate the outline from the text, move the text away leaving the outline over the treads, select all of that and click cutout then move text back into place.

Nuts done.eps

I posted how to do it in the post you got that from. It's done just like Ravenwind said expect you can leave all the text over the tread and just use effect and remove the outline.

I'll do a video before the day is over... Sometimes we all go through this and are just missing one little step.

• Like 1

you want something like this then. It is easy to do. Just pick out your text outline it to the size you want i went .200 then separate the outline from the text, move the text away leaving the outline over the treads, select all of that and click cutout then move text back into place.

i thank you very more and Dr12volt1338 that would be so helpful i been busy with some stuff and it just slipped my mind, been trying every thing including the videos on here and more on youtube