Buckshot44

Need Software Help Fast

I have owned a vinyl plotter for 5 years and my cousin is the only one who knows how to use it well,he has a program called coral draw and i just cant wrap my head around it,am not a computer programer so i need something simple to use to letter my race car.I hope theres a step by step software out there.

Thanks for any help

Mike

So, what vinyl cutter do you have? Corel draw is just a design program, but you can download Signblazer here on the forum and give it a whirl. A lot of people on here use it. It is a design and cutting program, It is a FREE unlimited trial. It is listed under the Signblazer thread. There is also a manual for it in the Uscutter support site.

• Like 1

Step by step --

1. download & install SIGNBLAZER Elements -- SBE -- (Search the forums for links to get that FREE program)

2. On Installation, tell the SBE software which cutter you're using.

3. Get past the SBE StartUp screens by running the Trial Version (there is no Activation or registration)

4. You will be staring at a pink box, with nothing in it. That's your "workspace" and can be defined in FILE menu - Workspace Setup

5. Next enter some TEXT, you'll have hundreds of fonts to choose from.

6. Load the cutter with vinyl, and click the CUTTER icon in SBE toolbar.

SBE's toolbar is REALLY simple, it has little icons for the basics.

7. Make sure your Cutter manager screen has the orientation correct for the cut (if not, then check the 'Rotate Across Vinyl' box), and then just click CUT -- then Cut Tile.

That's my Seven -Steps to Race Car Decal Production.

Best of luck, check back with us if there's other questions about the entire process.

• Like 2

Here is a working link for Signblazer, download both of the files. The first file - Signblazer.iso will need to be downloaded and then burned on a CD and then install it like you would

any other software CD. The second file shown is a patch to eliminate the "nag" screens that ask you to register, don't worry it is perfectly legal.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ac54735f0a4688e36df4e8dca1419690656e47f71c760335be6ba49b5870170

• Like 1

Try using " Inkscape " and then you can import the file into Signcut Pro thats what i use

Honestly, this does not seem like very practical advice under the circumstances.

First of all, what "file" are you referring to? The guy is asking how to letter onto a race car.

That means cutting lettering in vinyl, and that's not something inkscape can handle at all.

Also, the learning curve on SignCut Pro is pretty steep, and the guy tells us that he's not a "computer programmer" which is his way of saying, let's keep it simple, please, and don't expect me to wrap my head around a program that's as detailed as SignCut.

Which is why SIGNBLAZER has been offered as a solution, and a very good one, for INSTANT results.

Literally, this guy could be up and running, cutting his letters within thirty minutes or less.

• Like 3

Honestly, this does not seem like very practical advice under the circumstances.

First of all, what "file" are you referring to? The guy is asking how to letter onto a race car.

That means cutting lettering in vinyl, and that's not something inkscape can handle at all.

Also, the learning curve on SignCut Pro is pretty steep, and the guy tells us that he's not a "computer programmer" which is his way of saying, let's keep it simple, please, and don't expect me to wrap my head around a program that's as detailed as SignCut.

Which is why SIGNBLAZER has been offered as a solution, and a very good one, for INSTANT results.

Literally, this guy could be up and running, cutting his letters within thirty minutes or less.

I guess everyone is different..

Cause i can't use signblazer for NOTHING i hate that program lol i don't know how to use it at all.. and signcut pro is VARY easy to use to me !

inkscape is awesome program and free lol

What does it matter that inkscape is free? You cannot run a cutter from it.

It's not a great reflection on YOUR abilities if you admit that you don't know how to use Signblazer, which is probably the most basic interface ever (I equate it to the famous drawing program KidPix). Not trying to get into an argument here, because that won't solve anything, but there in no question that your advice about inkscape has no bearing whatsoever on the needs of Buckshot44 to cut lettering QUICKLY, right off the bat, with just the seven steps I posted above.

Just one more thing, SignCut PRO costs $260. and you need a hardware dongle.

I had SignCut for the free 3 years . Loved the weeding option & now those weeding options are even much better . That is worth the subscription alone weeding some decals IMO . SignBlazer's weeding options suck :( . SignBlazer is the easiest software to learn & use & that has been agreed on by the vast majority here .... design & cut from the same software .... VARY , I mean VERY E-Z :lol: . Progress is being made on releasing an evolved software based on SignBlazer . I am sure that will be the answer to many member's wishes !!! I know it will be for me , especially if it has the weediing options similiar to SignCut . SignBlazer , InkScape being free & the low cost of SignCut makes it a no brainer to have all 3 as tools , unless you are a 1 adjustable wrench type person vs a person with many tools in order to do a better job with more ease . S&D is right on , especially with the member knowledge base , videos of SignBlazer here & the stored info available . S&D is fairly new member , but has shared much good advice already :thumbsup:

What does it matter that inkscape is free? You cannot run a cutter from it.

It's not a great reflection on YOUR abilities if you admit that you don't know how to use Signblazer, which is probably the most basic interface ever (I equate it to the famous drawing program KidPix). Not trying to get into an argument here, because that won't solve anything, but there in no question that your advice about inkscape has no bearing whatsoever on the needs of Buckshot44 to cut lettering QUICKLY, right off the bat, with just the seven steps I posted above.

Just one more thing, SignCut PRO costs $260. and you need a hardware dongle.

Actually sorry if I jump in on this BUT.......

Signblazer yes it's simple and free to use, but has caused me and many others and please don't call us dumb !

Plenty of headaches, I would design and cut simple tiles and import simple images and way to many times wonky nodes would appear that are never there to begin with! So after some unbiased advise from others that have used the other software out there I decided to use SignCut ( and by the way it's not $260.00 but prices start at about $90 a year and up) SignCut in my experience as a real newbie was and has a very easy interface .Now SignCut is only a cut program you would have to design in Inkscape (free/simple to learn) or the other software out there like Corel or Ilustrator. Signblazer has worked for some but not for me and many others! So..... my point is try not to discredit other forum members when all they are trying to do is help a member in need!

Appreciate the remarks, Rodger.

Let's just sit tight and hopefully there will be some reply forthcoming from Buckshot44 about what exactly he managed to accomplish regarding using his cutter. I'm curious to see the outcome of this thread. I would also like to see the race car after it's been lettered!

Actually sorry if I jump in on this BUT.......

No apologies needed, of course everyone is welcome to assist Buckshot44 in cutting LETTERING for his race car.

We have received no information whatsover from him about wanting to import or design anything.

Lettering is the only thing that was requested.

I guarantee, 100%, that a quick install of SBE will immediately (faster than fast) get this guy's cutter into cutting lettering.

Period.

• Like 1

Just telling the truth S&D . With Jay & another member ( I can't remember the member's name right now ) posting Jing videos to help people with SignBlazer , that magnifys the help available for SignBlazer here . When/If the evolved software is released , the updates & company support will be the proverbial " icing on the cake " IMO . Skeeter ... that super nice gal helps with everything .. even if she does not use it . She has downloaded SignBlazer & did the learning curve JUST to help out . Without any doupt , for designing & cutting what the OP wants , SignBlazer is light years ahead of anything else !!!

• Like 1

Lettering is the only thing that was requested.

I guarantee, 100%, that a quick install of SBE will immediately (faster than fast) get this guy's cutter into cutting lettering.

Period.

:) I totally agree!

• Like 1

Lol.. I paid the $268 for a lifetime of Sign Cut Pro Cause its Awesome I love the weeding option on it and how easy it is to use.. lol

I like that inkscape works well with sign cut You can go to " Effects -> Export -> Send to Sign Cut "

And to be honest i have not spent more then 10 min trying to use Signblazer i have it installed but never never use it .. lol

Just my two cents ..

I have lettered a race car to lol

Hmmm LOL , 10 minutes total trying it out & you hate it ... LOL , CJ ... Hilarious :)

• Like 1

I'm not trying to fight

But

There are ALOT OF GOOD PEOPLE in these forums and

really know there stuff i have used these forums MANY Times

when i was in need and i got the right answers :)

I'm not trying to fight

But

There are ALOT OF GOOD PEOPLE in these forums and

really know there stuff i have used these forums MANY Times

when i was in need and i got the right answers

I'm not fighting, that's for sure.

The RIGHT answer was given, by a few people (myself included), and the RIGHT answer was for Mike to download and install Signblazer, and cut lettering with it.

The WRONG answer was for Mike to get involved with Inkscape and couple it with SignCutPro.

How do I know for sure that SBE is unquestionably the correct solution for Mike?

He says this ---"(We have) coral draw and i just cant wrap my head around it,am not a computer programmer so i need something simple to use to letter my race car. I hope theres a step by step software out there."

So, by extrapolation, we know he already has access to Corel Draw (a fairly robust design program similar to Inkscape) and he is asking for a completely different simple alternative that will get him up and cutting lettering FAST (which is the topic of the thread, actually)

Your suggestion was flawed on several levels.

For one thing, it didn't provide a simpler alternative to corel draw.

Then, there was the issue of having to spend money to implement your solution.

Beyond those two issues, I noted that there would be a steeper learning curve for using Inkscape to design, and then having SignCut take over, instead of just the single "type your text, press Cut" which is the ultimate of simplicity offered by SBE.

Is using Inkscape/CorelDraw/Adobe Illustrator paired with a SignCut plug-in a good thing for loads of people in this industry? Absolutely.

Nobody is saying differently. Certainly I'm not criticizing that way of doing things in vinyl cutting, and obviously, for lots of cutter users, that's the best way to go, for a variety of technical reasons.

At some point, I hope that Mike chimes back in and relates what he has accomplished.

Let's leave it at that.

I'm not fighting, that's for sure.

The RIGHT answer was given, by a few people (myself included), and the RIGHT answer was for Mike to download and install Signblazer, and cut lettering with it.

The WRONG answer was for Mike to get involved with Inkscape and couple it with SignCutPro.

How do I know for sure that SBE is unquestionably the correct solution for Mike?

He says this ---"(We have) coral draw and i just cant wrap my head around it,am not a computer programmer so i need something simple to use to letter my race car. I hope theres a step by step software out there."

So, by extrapolation, we know he already has access to Corel Draw (a fairly robust design program similar to Inkscape) and he is asking for a completely different simple alternative that will get him up and cutting lettering FAST (which is the topic of the thread, actually)

Your suggestion was flawed on several levels.

For one thing, it didn't provide a simpler alternative to corel draw.

Then, there was the issue of having to spend money to implement your solution.

Beyond those two issues, I noted that there would be a steeper learning curve for using Inkscape to design, and then having SignCut take over, instead of just the single "type your text, press Cut" which is the ultimate of simplicity offered by SBE.

Is using Inkscape/CorelDraw/Adobe Illustrator paired with a SignCut plug-in a good thing for loads of people in this industry? Absolutely.

Nobody is saying differently. Certainly I'm not criticizing that way of doing things in vinyl cutting, and obviously, for lots of cutter users, that's the best way to go, for a variety of technical reasons.

At some point, I hope that Mike chimes back in and relates what he has accomplished.

Let's leave it at that.

S&D ,

There you go using common sense , logic & good reasoning again :lol: ... CJ had that strong opinion of SB after 10 minutes :rolleyes: ... CJ is a good guy , uses the " LOL " alot , but that is humorous to me :lol: . Any adult that cares to give an opinion should be able to accept an opinion back . I have always thought anybody or myself invites a response when making a statement . John , the Administrator of this forum does not allow personal attacks , but mature discussions are not those , so there is no fighting IMO especially in this thread ( so-far :lol: ) I don't have any clue what CJ's last post has to do with the subject ??

can we all not just get along... ^-^

This is getting along..........the beginning of healthy friendships

• Like 1

Here is a working link for Signblazer, download both of the files. The first file - Signblazer.iso will need to be downloaded and then burned on a CD and then install it like you would

any other software CD. The second file shown is a patch to eliminate the "nag" screens that ask you to register, don't worry it is perfectly legal.

http://www.mediafire...be6ba49b5870170

I think you are the member who has posted Jing videos about doing things in SB ?? Jay has posted MANY , but there is a fairly new member who has also .