gomer

Makeing SB portable

-----WARNING------ i am not a programmer, IT pro, or even geek but i figured out how to make SB portable.

start by watching the video

then you need to download Cameyo from http://cameyo.com/.

just follow the instructions and copy the packaged file to your flash drive, do NOT delete the original file just copy it to your drive. when you open the package the first time it will add a file with .data added to the end of the package name. TIP change the package name before you open it, if you change the name after opening the package it will create a new .data file with the new name next time you open the package.

when you open the package cameyo will open a list of 4 options to open, you want the SB elemants file (first one on my list).

i made some changes in my configuration so it opens faster , attempt at your own risk.

open the .data file that was created after opening the package the first time. in it open VOS, then open Signblazer......, then find the wordpad file "virtapp". this is were i made changes. find the line autolaunch=%.... there are 4 file pathes here seperated by ;'s. the first one is the SB program file find the "......elements\SB.exe>>sign......" and change it to "....elements\SBnt.exe>>sign.....". this will skip the auto update (thanks to this forum for that tip).

starting with the first ; i deleted everything after that down to the line starting with "shortcuts=%....". then i made the same changes in the shortcut lines down to "stopinheritance="

then save the changes, close the wordpad. then try opening the package. mine opens with the SB title logo then the normal registration window. it runs just like being on my normal PC.

if you had problems or messed up or didnt understand what i was saying just delete the package and the .data file and copy the original back to your flash drive and start over. i did that several times before i got it right, thats why i said dont delete the original earlier.

on a 0-100 scale of 0=cant turn a pc on, and 100= professional programmer i put myself at about 15. maybe a 16 after figuring this out.

SignBlazer does not need internet connection to operate , so it is already portable . I have it on 2 desktops & 1 laptop . I use it whenever/wherever I want ... am I missing the point ? Load SignBlazer on everything you have & use it anywhere you want . Totally honest & free at this point . Thanks for the effort anyway :) . It did not make me feel honorable when I started watching that video .... hacking .... I am not saying I am Snow White squeaky clean , but posting stuff like that on a forum like this isn't appropiate IMO .

Perhaps not needed for SB but useful for other apps. I have heard of people actually running a full OS from a thumb drive.

I have a portable Photo shop CS5 done this way..It will work for other programs in my op..I am gonna try to make Illy portable using this method and see if it works.Will keep you informed if it does or not...

Nice post helping others with what could make thing prtable for other programs too...

That video starts out " Welcome to Hak-tip , where we help break down concepts , tools & techniques for hackers , gurus & IT ninjas " :huh:???? I know stuff like this is common place , but being posted in an open forum seems crazy IMO . I told a guy I knew that I thought he was doing his best to break INTO jail with his activities ... he did not listen to me & succeeded ... he got 12 years .

Rodger, I think you got your panties in an uproar over a lot of nuthin... :rolleyes:

I've been a "hacker" ever since folks had to just to make things run. "Hackers" dig into things, figure out how they work and very often change them. This is entirely different from piracy. Of course they can be related but not always. I can see this software as very useful in a very legal way. Although I haven't tried it yet, I could get a lot of use out of it if it works and I'm glad the op posted about it. I run entire OS's out of USB sticks so I can fix computers that have problems. There's lots of uses for such things and piracy is not the first one that comes to my mind. Although not much does come to my mind here lately... :blink::bear:

• Like 1

SignBlazer does not need internet connection to operate , so it is already portable . I have it on 2 desktops & 1 laptop . I use it whenever/wherever I want ... am I missing the point ? Load SignBlazer on everything you have & use it anywhere you want . Totally honest & free at this point . Thanks for the effort anyway :) . It did not make me feel honorable when I started watching that video .... hacking .... I am not saying I am Snow White squeaky clean , but posting stuff like that on a forum like this isn't appropiate IMO .

your correct, SB dosent need the internet to operate. thats not the reason i posted this.

yes you can install SB on every PC that you use, but why? if you install it once the way that i posted and you dont need to install, install, and install again. and if you are using a friends PC and they dont want your programs on there PC, you can still use SB (or other) on there PC from your flash and not put anything on there PC.

and as stated above, "hacking" isnt always intended to create problems. there has been more benifits from hacking then hurt. but all we ever see is the hurt in the news.

Rodger, I think you got your panties in an uproar over a lot of nuthin... :rolleyes:

I've been a "hacker" ever since folks had to just to make things run. "Hackers" dig into things, figure out how they work and very often change them. This is entirely different from piracy. Of course they can be related but not always. I can see this software as very useful in a very legal way. Although I haven't tried it yet, I could get a lot of use out of it if it works and I'm glad the op posted about it. I run entire OS's out of USB sticks so I can fix computers that have problems. There's lots of uses for such things and piracy is not the first one that comes to my mind. Although not much does come to my mind here lately... :blink::bear:

Hey Bear ,

I don't get my panties in an uproar about anything :) , let alone anything on the web . Just giving my opinion & perspective . I did check out of general taken meaning of a hacker & it is all negative , It is associated with doing things illeagal or without permission or doing things to avoid paying & malicious stuff . There is now a " white hat " hacker & a " black hat " hacker definition & the white hat hacker is " supposedly " not doing anything illegal ot malicious . I have never heard of that b-4 . Sounds similiar to a " white " lie .. still a lie , but supposedly done for a good reason . I stil don't think a video like that should be posted on a website like this . At the very least , USCutter's competition might have a field day with it . I know they have in the past . Just my perspective & opinion ... Bear .. you didnt have to get all panties wadded up on me ... :lol: :laugh: :P:bear::angel::wub:

Technically most software, it is not illegal or questionable to do this- no software company will tell you how you can or can't install their particular app on your computer. Also, freeware, ie, signblazer- who cares? Also it would be nice to have a backup flash drive with portable cut software in the event your main cut machine died and you had to say, borrow a friends laptop?

There is usefulness of this kind of software, and it is not illegal unless it is used as such. Now making a portable backup of particular software, like SignCut for example that ONLY allows the installation on ONE machine, would be questionably legal because you're breaking the EULA/licensing terms.

Ultimately this isn't "hacking" recently I have seen and influx of people claiming that so and so HACKED their facebook, when in reality they left their idiot self logged in and someone unauthorized used it. The hack term is so loosely used it makes me crazy.

• Like 2

I am on board with that & understand the differences :thumbsup: . The use of something determines what it is . I am not being all valiamt & saying I am sqeaky clean about anything . When I watched the video , it did not seem positive at all . I do believe in Karma , if nothing more than having one's habits & demeanor eventually effect how they are treated . I don't think it is a mystical thing , just a result of how we treat others . My realistic take on this subject is .... many honest , honorable uses .... but mostly bad Karma uses . For every legal , honest use , there is 1,000 that are not . That is my opinion & perspective & I'm stickin to it :DB)

True that! Most everything we use has some sort of limitation on licensing etc, or illegal use. I definitely agree there are gray areas- as there are everything.

• Like 1

Hacking? hahahahaahahahaha. all that does is let you run it without having to install it. YAWN! heehhehehehe

Please don't refer to this as hacking software, because it isn't anything close to breaking the software apart, or/and it's a waste of time IMO. Maybe someone will find a use for it though, so no foul here.

Whatever floats your boat! I just install and click the crack, no more trial.

Pretty EZ IMO.

Rodger, I see where you were coming from when they said hacking, I know you love SB and were just trying to protect it from unlawful intentions........... The gal should have said portable and left it alone. Hacking does sound bad in the same sentence ehehhehehehehe

Needless to say, this is useful software, thanks to the OP for the post :thumbsup:

Hacking.... hehehheheh I love USC Forum, it's to FUN! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I was not trying to protect SignBlazer at all . It is completely free to everybody in the world & did not understand why anybody would go thru that instead of downloading it on whatever computer was in front of them . I understand now , having it on a flashdrive is usefull in some situations , like if internet connection is not available or if somebody does not want it downloaded . To a person like me with limited computer knowledge /skill .. it did not come across as something for honest intentions . I have never heard of a site calling itself anything to do with hacking ( HakTip ) doing legal stuff . I have heard alot of things connected to hacking , but never anything legit or honorable ... I read up a couple days ago & there is " white hat " hacking & " black hat " hacking . at any rate , I like giving my perspectives & getting others perspectives . that way i can adjust if i learn something . i did learn somewthing in this thread & will put SB on a flashdrive . :)

Well at least it all caused a nice conversation, even if some panties got raised (or bunched) :lol:

Rodger, you might have a valid point as I didn't bother watching any video. Didn't even notice one? And you're right about today's idea of what hacking is. It was different in past years, starting out as a good thing. Can you remember when a 'hack' was a taxi cab? Then the cab driver. Then there were old hacks (not a good thing). It all constantly changes and I don't keep up. I still hack away at computers, cars, vinyl cutting, wood and various other endeavors. :rolleyes::bear: And if you try this software and it works, let me know. I don't have the time to fool with it right now but would like to try it out soon. Somehow I think it won't work so well on complex software such as development suites or even graphics suites using multiple, connected programs. But who knows?

• Like 1

Bear , You know I don't wear panties ....

I think good intelligent discussion/debate always gives perspectives to consider & then adjust 1's own perspective when more info is gained . It is a good thing to keep it mature & not crossing the " personal " line drawn in the sand . It can be fun when that line is crossed though . An adult should be able to disagree without being disagreeable !!!

• Like 1

But Dad , he started it ............... :)

Bear , You know I don't wear panties ....

I think good intelligent discussion/debate always gives perspectives to consider & then adjust 1's own perspective when more info is gained . It is a good thing to keep it mature & not crossing the " personal " line drawn in the sand . It can be fun when that line is crossed though . An adult should be able to disagree without being disagreeable !!!

I am drawing the line... lolpost-13895-0-51721900-1323295897.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for that line .... now nobody better cross it !!! :)

I 4-got to use the quote , so this is what I am responding to ( post # 20 )

" YES NOBODY BETTER CROSS IT.FOR RESPECT TO ALL MEMBER'S.. THE FORUM NEED A COMMENT POLICY." Please be positive and constructive with your comments or risk being banned from our forum" . AND IF IT HAVE. BEFORE POSTING SOME ONE A MESSAGE, A WINDOW WILL POP UP AN REMEMBER US ABOUT IT. "

Ya get what ya give when you are an adult . An adult lesson in life is not to dish it out if you don't want to get it returned or can't take it !!! In other words , don't start anything & nothing gets started . Everybody has a diferent opinion about what is " personal " , but everybody knows when something is meant as deameaning . Demean & get demeaned .

If you actually read the forum rules , there is a comment policy also & many have been banned for breaking those rules . They were warned many times . they would not heed the warnings & just got worse , so they had to find another place to play . It is VERY hard to get banned here . A member has to try very hard , but it can be done :) .

• Like 1

YES NOBODY BETTER CROSS IT.FOR RESPECT TO ALL MEMBER'S.. THE FORUM NEED A COMMENT POLICY." Please be positive and constructive with your comments or risk being banned from our forum" . AND IF IT HAVE. BEFORE POSTING SOME ONE A MESSAGE, A WINDOW WILL POP UP AN REMEMBER US ABOUT IT.

They are just kidding around...eventually, they will either 1. get bored with it 2. run out of clever things to say, or 3. Fall asleep.

No problem , I do all 3 ....

That's a very nice line! But what are all you guys doing on the other side of it? :blink:

I'm going back to sleep... :bear:

• Like 2

i have a simple solution to the argument going on here......if you dont like what is being talked about in a thread, STAY OUT OF THAT THREAD!

• Like 1

update......i was using my portable SB and did some 2 min drawings just to try it out. later when i was home i used SB that is on my PC and couldnt find the drawings. i though it wasent saving, but it was. i had to do a search and found them in the VOS C_ file. so if you think your version is not working just do a search before giving up.

• Like 2