Curious1

Needing ultimate clipart with vector

I am looking for a book that has tons of clipart in which I can take from store to store to see if they would like to have any stickers made. Along with the book would be vectors ready to cut. I would hope this book has really tourtisty ideas like lighthouse, flip flops etc.

I am not a rich man so

Any ideas ?

Thanks

:bear: Happy Halloween

USC has the Mega Clipart collection , all 3 for $299 . Here is the link http://www.uscutter.com/Vector-Clipart-58 . It would be great to get a catalog of all the clipart each person has . You can take a cd with all your files to a printer & get them to print it . Ole Assh ( Ash Computers ) was talking about getting that done & he has a connection for a reasonable printer who would do that . The thought was to get each file printed on a display poster . I think Stetty ( Stetson ) already has that .

http://clipartandfonts.com/ has alot of vector clipart he also includes a pdf that can be printed to make a book hope this helps

The PDF files that come with their clipart collections suck. The cliaprt itself is great and worth the cost, but so much of it takes up a 1.5"x1.5" space on an 8.5"x11" page that they look very pixelated when thumbnailed. The artwork is fine, but the process of creating their PDF catalogs makes 90% of the artwork look like the clipart that came with The Print Shop - 1987 Edition.

As if that wasn't bad enough, they are inconsistent in the number of thumbnails per page - some collections have as few as 24 per page - others have 100 per page - so you end up with a lot of postage stamp sized thumbnails that are horribly pixelated and it would be down right embarassing to show them to customers. They also have a border around the page featuring their name and copyright information which takes up additional white space that could/should have been used for larger thumbnails.

I spent a lot of hours opening up each individual file in Illustrator, expanding it to fit as much of the page as possible and re-saving the file. Then I used Adobe Bridge & Photoshop to remake the catalogs. Unfortunately I didn't keep their clipart separated from the rest of my clipart collection, so its all in one huge catalog that I can't share.

If you have access to Adobe Bridge & Photoshop up to a certain version (for some reason they dropped it out of later versions - I used CS3 for mine) you can open a folder in Bridge and create a catalog for each folder automagically. It will import each image into a Photoshop page, resize it to fit (you can tell it how many thumbails across and how many down - I use 4 across x 5 down and that seems to be a good size) and whether or not to include the file name, fonts, etc.

Then you can either print from Photoshop directly to your printer, or install a PDF printer driver and print to PDF files (I have had good luck with PrimoPDF which is free), then use the full version of Adobe Acrobat, or a similar program like Nitro PDF Pro, to assemble the multiple PDF files into a single large document for professional printing and binding.

Note: every clipart collection you buy is copyrighted and it's not legal to distribute the catalogs in a high quality, vector version. It is important that the clipart be rasterized prior to conversion to PDF (and Adobe's Bridge/Photoshop combination does that) - otherwise if you send your PDF file to someone, they can import the vectors from it and put you in violation of their copyright. I've seen companies that also ask you to put a texture behind the raster clipart in your catalogs to block vectorization of their artwork, MyVinylDesigner is an example of a company that requests this.

Also note: my comments here refer only to the included clipart catalog files - the artwork on the discs is well worth the money in my opinion, and I highly recommend the clipart, just don't plan on using their clipart catalog pages for anything useful.

I bought the hunting collection from them and printed the catalog..It printed in the same quality as the files..Yes it had the frames and copywrite info on it, but every decal was about the size of a business card.when printed..I displayed the catalog for all to see when I first started cutting...I am not sure why yours would be different..I have Acrobat Pro..Might be the difference...

I agree the cliparts worth the money and I have had top quality from the printed catalogs I have from them...

SignTorch.com has optional printed wire bound books (and printable PDF files) for all the CDs

book.jpgbook.jpg

I have purchased these in the past, they are good if you need these type of files. and don't need clean up. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to the Wizards collection catalog - 100 images per page - their website says that their online catalogs are purposely low quality to keep people from vectorizing the artwork - that may be, but this looks exactly like the one that came on my disc... http://www.clipartandfonts.com/pdf/WIZARDSweb.pdf

Not all of the collections are like this - some (as I said earlier) are bigger, but most are like this. If they're going to provide printd catalogs, I can understand why they want to put as many on a page as possible - but for a PDF file?