Sign in to follow this  
Dr12volt1338

USB Hub

I have 3 machines that I use all working on USB. I am looking for a hub or other solution to have all of these plugged in at once as I am constantly getting error messages saying I have failed to plug in my device (due to something else being plugged in). I have 3 ports on my laptop however 2 of them are in constant use my the dongle key for my LXi and Mouse. That leaves me always switching my machines between. I know everyone says not to use Hubs with these devices but am wondering if anyone has and if they could share their experience good or bad. It is a laptop so I don't have the option to use the serial port and I have a few towers I could bring in just no funds to buy a monitor at this time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

That would work I just have no way to install a PCMCIA card to my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire. Wasn't the cheapest but not the best either. I appreciate the response

if the cutter wont work on a hub, then why not plug the cutter in and put the mouse and dongle on the hub?

if the cutter wont work on a hub, then why not plug the cutter in and put the mouse and dongle on the hub?

I tried that for a while and my dongle loses connections every so often and my LXi would freeze because if it.. I lost a few projects I was working on because I failed to save them every so often as I work on them.

A laptop will never be as good and/or as reliable as a desktop computer.....If mobile you have few option, but if at a fixed location build yourself a desktop to use....

I have a desktop here but my monitor died and I have to get a new one so for now I am stuck with the laptop as my only source..

Phone your friends......Chances are they have a spare monitor or 2 kicking around.....I just looked in my basement and found 2 monitors, 3 printers, a scanner and 3 towers in my abandoned computer collection.....Looked inside one of the towers to see what was in it for memory......Found 2 sticks of 256mb with a price tag on 226.99 on each......Ugh....Sign up for NewEgg's email and they often have sweet deals all kinds of computer stuff....

I have a buddy who does alot with computers he has a couple of 17" flat panels but I had a 19" and I think I want to go to like a 21" or so.... I have never heard of 256mb sticks being worth that much.. must be something really rare or not made anymore??

I have never heard of 256mb sticks being worth that much.. must be something really rare or not made anymore??

I am guessing about 10 to 15 years old......

Why not check fleabay for a used commercial computer? Most have parallel and serial ports that are more stable and most have xp pro that imo is a much better operating system for vinyl cutting . I have my p cut on serial and my dgi on60 on parallel and they both work great. My desk top was purchased on eBay $30.00 with coa on the xp and refurbished on the computer it has worked flawlessly for a couple years and have another unit bought the sameway for a spare.