mimibland

Do you give something free with an order?

I have an order from a customer for about 20 shirts, 10 window decals, and a larger decal for a truck window. This is my first order with several different items. Do you give discounts with larger orders like this? The customer has not asked for one. But, I was wondering if I should throw in the small window decals because they ordered so many shirts?

I try not to give a discount unless asked.....

As far as free gifts, I try to keep blank shirts, aprons, tote bags, etc, in stock so I can heat press on the client's design and throw in as appropriate.....

I'm with Roxanne. I do not offer discounts.

But for larger orders I will throw in a free decal, something that will match the theme of items they have purchased.

Or if it is a custom order, like a business logo or I recently did a run of decals for a lupus fundraiser, I made some extras to give to the volunteers.

discount no .. freebies yes :) . I would give them a little extra & not give part of the order away . A personaized item in specialty vinyl would help promote more business .

I do like Roger, I don't give part of the order. I try to throw in something extra. I have gotten a lot of business by throwing in a tshirt with their logo on it. One of those shirts has gotten me orders for over 400 more of those shirts over the past 9 months. I have also done the same thing with license plates and koozies. Over half of what I give away I get orders for once they see that item. Its a great way to market yourself. It also makes for a happy customer weather they order more of that item or not.

if they ask for a discount,do what you think best so you can still make a good profit.Happy customers and repeat business is what will keep you going.

• Like 1