vinylmotivations

GRRR Cutter returns to Origin with blade DOWN at the end of cut....

I was given design files to print and contour cut... and every stinkin time I run this file to cut through signcut pro, it gets to the VERY last item, 1/16th from closing the final cut it returns to the origin point with the blade down :(

helmetreward1.ai

I was given design files to print and contour cut... and every stinkin time I run this file to cut through signcut pro, it gets to the VERY last item, 1/16th from closing the final cut it returns to the origin point with the blade down :(

I have a feeling there are vectors or unclosed items in the artwork but since I do not have illustrator I can't do anything with the file itself....

I was going to take a look and offer some help, but...

That graphic is hundreds of separate lines. None connected at all. I tried closing paths and making "curves" out of some of the indivdual 'arrow heads'(?), but got lines connected to others that shouldn't be. This can all be fixed, but it would take some time.

I suggest you load this into inkscape or some other vector program and fix it all up if you need it. I'm surprised it came close to cutting correctly.

On the other hand, maybe it didn't import correctly, but I have never seen this kind of problem before...

I looked at it earlier and I didn't see anything wrong with it. screen shot,,, and my Flexistarter tells me if the paths are open. and will close them. nothing.... Good...

post-3058-0-56191400-1309317338_thumb.jp

I don't know what Flexi does, but it doesn't do a valid .ai file for inkscape or ghostscript. I couldn't open this with either inkscape or GSView (ghostscript). Luckily, Corel X3 did open it, and I figured out the easy way to re-create it into one single curve, completely closed. for me anyway...

So here's the eps file. It's valid and completely closed for Corel, inkscape and ghostscript...

helmetreward1a.eps

I have Flexi, and it opens in flexi just fine from what I can tell, but because of my cutter's inaccuracies- I prefer the 3-point calibration that SignCut Pro offers... and it works WELL... But I have found out that whomever created the original file, used Flexi, and exported as an .ai file.... why WHO KNOWS.... But in using flexi I was able to replicate this problem!!!!

So I wonder what my next play is....

Just curios: for those that said this graphic was fine with no open curves, did you un-group it? It is overlaid by a box. As loaded and grouped, Corel also said it was a curve, meaning no open curves. But when I un-grouped it, moved the box out of the way and then clicked on one of the arrow heads, I saw it was composed of dozens of unconnected lines. I was curious because I have never seen this before, or an ai file created by Flexi...

When I opened it in Illustrator and selected all and then looked at "Document Info > Objects" it was 68 Paths : (0 Open, 68 Closed)