Rodger

Member ratings

I think it is wild that we have 2 members with over 100 ratings ... 1 is 103 positives & the other is 101 negatives . No names as that will get the thread deleted or locked :thumbsup: . Reminds me of the old saying that goes something like this " make a customer happy & they will tell a few people ... make them mad & they will tell everybody " . Thankfully , I have not been a big part of either vote count .

• Like 1

I don't understand where the rating thing comes from...or what the benefit is?

What's it for anywho?

What's it for anywho?

it almost always ends up being a popularity contest and used to punish someone who has ticked someone off

I agree with Dakota in that it ends up being that in many cases . It is supposed to be just as it says . A positive vote for a post that impresses or a negative vote for a post that annoys . The member who is getting 2 negatives per day has 2 other members who dailey add to the negative count ( I wonder if it will ever stop :huh: ) .

Once in awhile , I can see what posts get a positive rating & which posts gets negatives . Next time I read the thread , no vote count is there . I have seen some posts with 3 votes . ( edit : Ash computers fixed that problem ;) )

If nobody buddies up , it would be good to see how everybody comes across . I know in the other server , there were many members who would never miss a chance drive their point home ... wet vs dry application was a major issue with 1 jerk . That member would had had a 3 digit negative rating also .

• Like 1

The pos & neg post ratings are kinda funny right here ;D Someone's playin me thinks.

I've never seen user's ratings. Do you have to look into their profile for that? Should we have a 'rogues gallery' where you can view all those with negative ratings? That would be fun :P

Why would naming names get this thread locked?......Both have ratings they have "earned"...

I agree with you , both earned them . I based it on not naming names in the " did me wrong cases " , posting names would get complaints 4-sure & most liekly wind up with the thread deleted .

The rating thing does have many loop holes . You can vote for yourself . 1 member who had negative rating over a bad deal that was advertised on here , bought etc has went back into the positive ratings . I have seen that member advertise more items . Judging by the lack of communication , no shipping until they were called out on this forum , I fear for anybody buying from them . I do think they tried to do right , but just didn't . It was resolved , but not fairly .

With the member that has over 100 negatives bidding on work here , I wonder if someone would hire them not knowing about the rating system ( biggest reason for this thread )

• Like 2

I tried to give myself some points, but I guess I used them all up on you for the day....So will have to try again tomorrow.....Hard to believe I am barely in the red.....

• Like 1

it almost always ends up being a popularity contest and used to punish someone who has ticked someone off

I like my ratings, someone loves me i think, poor guy/girl...... be afwaid, be VERY afwaid!!!!

hehehehehe

• Like 1

I tried to give myself some points, but I guess I used them all up on you for the day....So will have to try again tomorrow.....Hard to believe I am barely in the red.....

Hilarious Roxy !!! :thumbsup:

I actually took your rating from a -3 to a + 3 1 day .... you & somebody got into a " discussion " & you went neg again . The rating system is fun , it could have some improvements like not being able to vote for oneself , but I like it anyway . I can disagree with anybody ( I usually disagree with everybody over something or another ;) ) & still not get trivial . some can't :) .

• Like 1

Anybody know if there is a setting that changes if you can see the rating on each post ? I see the rating on some posts once in a great while & then when reading the new content in the thread later , the rating is 0 . I think the rating thing is interesting , but should not be taken very seriously .

• Like 1

I went the wrong way?.....lol.....I was trying to get a higher number (or is that a lower number) than my buddy on page xxx

And I see he did a name change....

• Like 1

I went the wrong way?.....lol.....I was trying to get a higher number (or is that a lower number) than my buddy on page xxx

And I see he did a name change....

Well , you are back to zero now :) . Let's see if we can get you into the triple digits on the positive side :) .. may the force be with you !!!!

name changes don't work like they did in the old server :thumbsup: , with this server you can find out any member's previous name . That is why I think 1 jewel of a member isn't around anymore . Huamana & I emjoy that !!! :D

• Like 1

I've never seen user's ratings. Do you have to look into their profile for that? Should we have a 'rogues gallery' where you can view all those with negative ratings? That would be fun :P

Yes , you have to look at the members profile . The rorues gallery would be good if it wasn't subject to emotional type votes , it would be good to know who not to deal with . It would require proof etc to have any validity & nobody has enought time or cares enough to do that . Innocent people could be put in there & that would not be right .

• Like 1

There are "innocent" people? Here on this forum? That we know? Well, who knew? :o

I was kinda hoping the rogues gallery would be voluntary so I could finally join something :P

:bear:

What's it for anywho?

On the bottom right of every post is a + , a - & the post total . If you are impressed etc about a post , you can give a positive , if it annoys you or think someone is being a butthead , you can give a negative . If it does now motivate you , you don't vote . On each members profile , the total after adding the positives & the negs from all posts voted on is listed . I think it benifits as to letting a member know how they are coming across . IF they want to be viewed that way , they do nothing . IF they don't want to be viewed that way , they adjust .

Pro , asking the 3rd question seems like it is repeating the 2nd , but anyway ... it is a measure of how posts of that person has made others feel , good - bad or in between . It can signal they had a major problem with 1 person who is dedicated to smearing the reputaion of that member because they think they were done wrong & want to warn others . It can also be taken as that member annoys many others by constantly doing things frowned on . It gives some imput of the collective forum in other words :thumbsup:

• Like 1