DBrooke

New here

Quick background here. I have done sign design/cut/weed in the past but "lost" mt access to the equipment. Ordering a cutter the end of this week (as soon as I figure out which one) I have a thread going in presale trying to decide. Anyway, last year I was using my buddies equip and started making names for softball helmets, logos for a couple vendors in the area, etc. Now I'm unemployed and using money from a recent fishing tournament win to buy this equipment to start bringing in a little grocery money. Plan is to upgrade after a while but not to soon.

David

Quick background here. I have done sign design/cut/weed in the past but "lost" mt access to the equipment. Ordering a cutter the end of this week (as soon as I figure out which one) I have a thread going in presale trying to decide. Anyway, last year I was using my buddies equip and started making names for softball helmets, logos for a couple vendors in the area, etc. Now I'm unemployed and using money from a recent fishing tournament win to buy this equipment to start bringing in a little grocery money. Plan is to upgrade after a while but not to soon.

David

Welcome and the Pcut is your best choice IMO :thumbsup:

I have been scanning the reviews for about 2 weeks and there are posts all over the place saying the same thing. I just need to confirm in my head that this is the best plan here :lol:

+1 +1 (Ha, Ha... I can do that in one single message! :P )

PCUT & stand! You'll regret not getting the stand...

+1 +1 (Ha, Ha... I can do that in one single message! :P )

PCUT & stand! You'll regret not getting the stand...

YEAH ..... BUT you were LATE ...as ALWAYS !!! ;)

I was going to answer that, but then I thought I'd wait a while more and be LATE! ;D

• Like 1

I was going to answer that, but then I thought I'd wait a while more and be LATE! ;D

:thumbsup:

Yup, plan is a Pcut still crunching numbers on the stand right now, kids always seem to need shoes or clothes <_<

Kids don't need shoes, that's why they have feet! Don't need all that much food either. Make 'em work for their living! Let 'em eat vinyl! :P

You're right though. Man kids are expensive (and so are wives... )

Expensive isn't word for it Bear lol. I have 2 of them, I don't mind spending the $$ on them though.

They have it made, when I was growing up I had patches on my pants, and all I got for Christmas was a bag of those green plastic army soldiers, or a car carved from wood!!! And WAS GLAD I HAD IT TOO!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Pssssffff Kids need to do without alot, will make them appreciate it more!

• Like 1

I agree with that 100% The more kids get, the less they appreciate it. And isn't it funny that nowadays they pay an extra $100 to have patches on the pants when they buy them :blink:

Luckily(?) my kids don't get a lot at the moment... Now if I could make some money back on this vinyl stuff it would sure help but I don't think I'll ever get that far...

Yup, they have all the things I never even bothered to wish for (cause it didn't exist yet). Looks like I'll be putting in my order tomorrow night, should have it next week then I can get back on here and complain about setting the blade <_< Good thing is I have 1 customer waiting on me to get my cutter and they want to be my first order, good thing they are friends though.

Congrats and good for you for having a customer! Let us know how it works out.

Hey guys quick question, I'm about to order my stuff. Now I am running Vista on my laptop and planning to use the usb port. I have been reading around and saw a lot of people complaining that it won't run SBE?

Edit I do have a serial port on my laptop, but can't find if the pcut comes with a serial cord.

Hey guys quick question, I'm about to order my stuff. Now I am running Vista on my laptop and planning to use the usb port. I have been reading around and saw a lot of people complaining that it won't run SBE?

Edit I do have a serial port on my laptop, but can't find if the pcut comes with a serial cord.

Yes it does come with a serial cable.

SBE doesn't have a problem running on Vista, only Flexi 8.1 will not run on the OS.

Get a keyspan when you order if you plan on using your USB ports

If it comes with the serial, I'll just use it. From what I have read the USB can be a PITA sometimes.