theishkid

Why so negative

Well I just want to thank everyone for their help and replies the last few days. I just placed an order for a 24" PCut, Keyspan adapter, flexistarter 8.5 (although my shipping confirmation has a thing that says 8.6 on it??), an oracal squeegee, a little roll of oracal 651 white, and a roll of rtape w/conform to start this thing going. I'm sure I'll be on a lot with questions. Thanks again everybody!

8.6 is the latest version

Great choice and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. But you did make one mistake with: "a little roll of oracal 651 white". :P I bought 6 or 7 rolls when I ordered mine and definitely do not regret that. I plan on ordering a few more very soon...

Well to be honest with all the negativity out there I wanted to get the thing and make sure I could set it up and run it fine without wanting to send it back before i invested an extra few hundred dollars on vinyl that I wouldn't be able to get rid of. If all goes well I'll start ordering more soon!

No, you made the right choice. I was just kidding. I just ordered so much initially because 1: I knew I'd need those colors for what I wanted to do and 2: a long stretch of faith in what I had read in these forums... Ordering more later is really the smart thing to do. But who said I was smart? :blink:

No, you made the right choice. I was just kidding. I just ordered so much initially because 1: I knew I'd need those colors for what I wanted to do and 2: a long stretch of faith in what I had read in these forums... Ordering more later is really the smart thing to do. But who said I was smart? :blink:

Not me Bear :D , but I know you are !!! just modest like me B)

I did not order or have any vinyl when my cutter came in . I bought a 30' roll & burned it up that evening & was feenin for MO vinyl . 15" rolls are about $20 , so not that much of a gamble IMO ....

You did a 30' roll in one night? :o Wow!

See, that's the difference. You think big and I think small. I keep cutting small things and spending all my time weeding out those tiny little pieces. Maybe if I bought bigger vinyl I would cut bigger things? :P

You did a 30' roll in one night? :o Wow!

See, that's the difference. You think big and I think small. I keep cutting small things and spending all my time weeding out those tiny little pieces. Maybe if I bought bigger vinyl I would cut bigger things? :P

It was a 15" X 30 " roll of white & most of it is still on my trucks . I did redesign some of it . :)

At least it sounds like you didn't waste it. When I bought mine, I ordered a single roll of white 15" Greenstar along with all the 24" Oracal 631. I thought that would be my test & play vinyl. Somehow it never got used... Then when I made that peeonoil sticker for the back of my van, I thought that would be perfect for it, and it was.

Now I'm thinking of buying some 651 for good outdoor vinyl. But I've run into my old problem. Too many colors to choose from :huh: Then I started thinking maybe I should buy some 30" since I have a 36" cutter? Too many choices..... I liked it better when life was simple and all you have to do was sharpen the pencil :P

Bear , i know what you mean ;) . I think black , white & red covers 99 % of what most use starting out . That is what I went with . I have picked up some 15" rolls of other colors & some reflective & prism colors over the past 4 years ( in June ) .

Bear , i know what you mean ;) . I think black , whiye & red covers 99 % of what most use . That is what I went with . i have picked up some 15" rolls of other colors & some reflective & prism colors over the past 4 years ( in June ) .

Well my order arrived this morning. I haven't had time to set it up yet but I did pull out Flexi. My order said they were sending 8.6 but they only shipped 8.5v2. Anyone know the difference?

Well my order arrived this morning. I haven't had time to set it up yet but I did pull out Flexi. My order said they were sending 8.6 but they only shipped 8.5v2. Anyone know the difference?

None, latest version of Mac is 8.5

Has not been updated to 8.6

Windows is on version Flexi10

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Flexi-Starter-8-5-vinyl-cutter-Flexistarter-SIGN-/270731658434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08dd44c2

None, latest version of Mac is 8.5

Has not been updated to 8.6

Windows is on version Flexi10

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Flexi-Starter-8-5-vinyl-cutter-Flexistarter-SIGN-/270731658434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08dd44c2

I believe you are incorrect. My order has 8.6 on it and there is a link for 8.6 on uscutter... http://www.uscutter.com/FlexiSTARTER-v86-for-Mac_p_222.html

I believe you are incorrect. My order has 8.6 on it and there is a link for 8.6 on uscutter... http://www.uscutter.com/FlexiSTARTER-v86-for-Mac_p_222.html

then I stand corrected, thanks. Does the case on the outside,say Mac 8, and the disc 8.6?

Probably just added some more cutters to it. But I don't see contour cutting on it.

Flexistarter for windows 8.6v2 added contour cutting, and so does Flexistarter 10,

Yea the case says 8, the disc says 8.5v2. I know the mac and pc versions are definitely not on the same track/pace. Meaning that they might have added something in PC 10 that would be on Mac 8.6.

I submitted a support ticket so maybe I'll hear something soon.

Bear , i know what you mean ;) . I think black , white & red covers 99 % of what most use starting out . That is what I went with . I have picked up some 15" rolls of other colors & some reflective & prism colors over the past 4 years ( in June ) .

White & black, definitely. Red I don't know about? I've only used about 4 squares inches so far for a few hearts on a wall graphic. When I ordered the 631, I went for a basic color set including green, blue and yellow. Haven't used the blue at all. And then I realized that I also needed a neutral background color and bought a roll of beige. Finally used the red last night for the second dragon for my van. I just hate the thought of buying another 8 rolls... Money's tight here. I hate making decisions :o

theishkid:

You're lucky/smart for getting flexi. I keep wanting to try contour cutting with mine but there's no way to do it with SB and now I'm too cheap to buy flexi :angry:

White & black, definitely. Red I don't know about? I've only used about 4 squares inches so far for a few hearts on a wall graphic. When I ordered the 631, I went for a basic color set including green, blue and yellow. Haven't used the blue at all. And then I realized that I also needed a neutral background color and bought a roll of beige. Finally used the red last night for the second dragon for my van. I just hate the thought of buying another 8 rolls... Money's tight here. I hate making decisions :o

theishkid:

You're lucky/smart for getting flexi. I keep wanting to try contour cutting with mine but there's no way to do it with SB and now I'm too cheap to buy flexi :angry:

Bear, when did you buy your cutter, and which cutter do you have?

Ash, it's my head that's supposed to be foggy. You've asked me that twice already :lol:

I bought the CT900, 36" PCUT at the end of February. I'm actually surprised it's been that long. I have problems with time... And still happy with it!!! (I just read that complaint posting).

Ash, it's my head that's supposed to be foggy. You've asked me that twice already :lol:

You have to understand that I lose stuff that I'm holding onto in my hand Bear ehheeheh

That Pcut came with Signcut right?

For 631 designer colours are my best sellers...For 751, 651 etc. White, Black, Red & Blue are over 90% of my sales...Having a good selection of colours on hand is a must....Some clients want what they want and will not wait for you to order in a colour you do not have...

Yes, it came with signcut, but I never even looked into it. I don't like their subscription model. I know the first year is free, but if I get used to it and then decide the subscription isn't worth it, seems like a waste all around. If I buy software, I want to be able to use it on any computer I have (which change frequently) and I definitely do not like leasing software. That was one of my biggest complaints about that damned wood carver I bought and got stuck with... Just me.

And roxanneupnorth, having lots of vinyl laying around would be great, if you got paid for it. This is a hobby for me...

Come to the chatroom Bearly, I'll get you up and running!

Chatroom

Remember to register and you can see the chatroom after that!!!!! ehheeheeh

I do tech support for computers, usb's etc.

This isn't for you Bearly, your already registered ;)

Well I just opened up the rest of my order to check everything. They sent me a 50 yard roll of white 651 when I only ordered a 10 yard roll. So bonus me I guess. I actually called them to let them know what happened, as I didn't want to start my business ventures off dishonestly. They are charging my order an extra 20 bucks to keep the larger roll.

theishkid:

Bear , Bear .. Bear .. :D

Try to outline what you want to contour cut using Sb , play with the offset & thivkness .... If you are using something printed & installing it on your cutter , I don't know how to get the starting points the exact same ... but I would try setting iy in the cuter as a new piece of vinyl with my Copam . There are work a rounds for many things .. I know a few & many on this board know ALOT :thumbsup:

then I stand corrected, thanks. Does the case on the outside,say Mac 8, and the disc 8.6?

Probably just added some more cutters to it. But I don't see contour cutting on it.

Flexistarter for windows 8.6v2 added contour cutting, and so does Flexistarter 10,

Skeeter... you were correct after all. I called SAi and talked to their technicians. There is only 8.5 v2 for mac but there is 8.6 for windows. USCutter has got it wrong apparently and needs to take down their product page I linked to earlier.

Skeeter... you were correct after all. I called SAi and talked to their technicians. There is only 8.5 v2 for mac but there is 8.6 for windows. USCutter has got it wrong apparently and needs to take down their product page I linked to earlier.

Ok,,Mac8.5 is all I have ever seen, but thought maybe recently they might have an 8.6, who knows. Thanks

• Like 1