Sign in to follow this  
tictac3410

Full Version of Flexi or another Cutting software

OK, I have sign blazer elements and flexi8.6 starter. I mainly use SBE. My concern is i feel limited in both programs. I do have Corel draw full version and AI CS4. I want to start expanding and hopefully move into doing more t-shirts and more detailed lettering. I was considering on purchasing a full version of some sort of cutting program that allows me to design in it as well something like AI or Corel. Or do you think i am wasting my money because i have AI and Corel. i haven't tried taking things i have desinged in AI or Corel into SBE or Flexi yet to try to cut. I just figured it would be easier to work in one program and be done with it. Any thoughts?

OK, I have sign blazer elements and flexi8.6 starter. I mainly use SBE. My concern is i feel limited in both programs. I do have Corel draw full version and AI CS4. I want to start expanding and hopefully move into doing more t-shirts and more detailed lettering. I was considering on purchasing a full version of some sort of cutting program that allows me to design in it as well something like AI or Corel. Or do you think i am wasting my money because i have AI and Corel. i haven't tried taking things i have desinged in AI or Corel into SBE or Flexi yet to try to cut. I just figured it would be easier to work in one program and be done with it. Any thoughts?

I don't think there is any magic software that will make you a instant pro even though we would all like that. Don't waste your money learn to do with what you have. The programs you have listed I would say its possible to do almost any and all that you will probably need in your lifetime.

Just learn those programs good and you should be fine. I have flexi that I don't even use because I have great luck with Sign Blazer and it seems to do everything that I need.. Good Luck

• Like 1

:thumbsup: If you have that kind of money to spare, for a Full Flexisign Pro $3500-4200, (LXI a Flexi version without the RIP is cheaper), Upgrade your vinyl cutter. You don't state what vinyl cutter you are using, so if a value cutter, upgrade it. I use .ai and Flexistarter8.6 with a Graphtec MK7000-75 30" does everything I need it to do. and no static issues.

if you want flexi pro without the rip I have ultracut 8.5 for $650.00. it is just rebranded and is the same as my ve lxi that skeeter mentioned. it runs 1695 if you buy it from the vendor

thanks everyone for you help. I have two cutters both just value cutters nothing special. I will think about your offer dakotagrafx. I don't want to have to buy more programs just didn't know if there were better options out there. Thanks I am going to keep doing some more research not sure what i wan to do yet.

When I bought my Graphtec, LXI came with it. But since I started out on AI, I still find myself doing most of the design work in AI even though I'm getting used to designing in LXI. If it was me, personally, I can't justify spending the money on new software if I have others that work just as well.

leave the cutting programs to just that, cutting. coreldraw and ai will work much much better for the design aspect.

my question is.....

is there a way to not have to be connected to the internet to use my flexi software...

im moving and may no longer be able to connect to the internet all the tim

thanks for any help

my question is.....

is there a way to not have to be connected to the internet to use my flexi software...

im moving and may no longer be able to connect to the internet all the tim

thanks for any help

Does your Flexi software have the USB dongle?

no it does not.....every time i start the program it verifies itself....is there anyway to use it without it doing that

no it does not.....every time i start the program it verifies itself....is there anyway to use it without it doing that

no, only the version that has the USB dongle, you can use without the internet.