sandgink

blade holder won't hold blade

Greetings all,

I received my new laserpoint 24 today unpacked it and following the instructions attempted to install a blade, and the blade won't stay in, based on my engineering background, it appears that the blade is held in magnetically, and spins on a small bearing, the problem is that it appears that the spring has been placed between the magnet and the bearing, if I depress the magnet all the way the blade will just barely hold. as soon as I release the pin the blade falls out. if the spring was between the end of the blade holder and the bearing everything would be fine. Any ideas.

Jake

You do not pull the pin from the top. Just put the pin the the top of the holder, put your blade in the bottom or underside, you will hear the magnet grab it. Screw the cap on and insert it in the carriage blade holder

You do not pull the pin from the top. Just put the pin the the top of the holder, put your blade in the bottom or underside, you will hear the magnet grab it. Screw the cap on and insert it in the carriage blade holder

After adjusting the blade . 1 of the most important parts to get good cuts .... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

After adjusting the blade . 1 of the most important parts to get good cuts .... :thumbsup:

oooo yeah, adjust your blade to get good cuts eheheheheh

At least that's what she told me heheheeh :wub:

Thanks for the replies, The Pin in the top is held in place by the magnet, all it does is push the magnet down, so the cutter can be removed, The blade holder I have will not hold the blade magnetically. If I unscrew the blade adjustment cap, and look into the holder I see the bearing on which the cutter rides, it is held there by the spring which is between it, and the magnet.

Can someone else verify that this is correct, because there is not enough magnetic strength to hold the cutter with the bearing 1/4 of an inch away.

There is one other possibility, if the blades are designed to slip inside the bearing, with the pointed end contacting the bearing, the problem is that the Outside Diameter of the cutter, including the extra 6 that I ordered, is way to big to fit inside the bearing.

Jake

Yes, when you take the cap off of it you need to slide the blade in flat side first. It should go all the way in the hole and the cap screws back on.

The top pin just sits in the hole to push the blade out when you change blades. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Can you get a pic so we can see what your doing?

Yes, when you take the cap off of it you need to slide the blade in flat side first. It should go all the way in the hole and the cap screws back on.

The top pin just sits in the hole to push the blade out when you change blades. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Can you get a pic so we can see what your doing?

this is from the newbie manual in instructional contributions, download in first post

http://www.customracingdecal.com/manuals/Noob-V4_9.pdf

Ok, this morning I retrieved my digital calipers from my reloading bench, and measured the cutter shank and the bearing ID, cutter shank 1.955mm bearing ID 1.41mm see attached photo.

I am assuming that either the wrong holder was sent or this one is assembled wrong.

Jake

post-16848-0-21863600-1300358295_thumb.j

Hey, what is that pin in that pic? Is that the top pin or the blade? Or something your using to point with, I can't tell?

Ok, here I go, it sounds like to me your putting the blade in the top side....?

The blade goes in the side with the screw on cap. the other side is for the push pin.

Can you insert the blade in the shaft hole on the screw cap side, with the blade protruding out a little?

The spring will be on the top side, where the push pin is.

That way when you want to change blades, you push the pin down inside (Note, you will feel the spring pushing back when you depress the pin in).

This pushes the blade out the other side, because the blade is up in the holder itself on the opposite side (ie. the screw on cap side)

Note: The sharp blade side does not go inside the bearing, the flat end of the blade does.

If the above steps do not work after you try to slide the blade in the screw cap side, contact USCutter support. Because something's fishy. http://support.uscutter.com/

I own the LP24, and it was easy to do this, as you stated, there may be a problem with your holder.

Sorry you had to go through this trouble as well.

Ok, here I go, it sounds like to me your putting the blade in the top side....?

The blade goes in the side with the screw on cap. the other side is for the push pin.

Can you insert the blade in the shaft hole on the screw cap side, with the blade protruding out a little?

The spring will be on the top side, where the push pin is.

That way when you want to change blades, you push the pin down inside (Note, you will feel the spring pushing back when you depress the pin in).

This pushes the blade out the other side, because the blade is up in the holder itself on the opposite side (ie. the screw on cap side)

Note: The sharp blade side does not go inside the bearing, the flat end of the blade does.

If the above steps do not work after you try to slide the blade in the screw cap side, contact USCutter support. Because something's fishy. http://support.uscutter.com/

I own the LP24, and it was easy to do this, as you stated, there may be a problem with your holder.

Sorry you had to go through this trouble as well.

take a pic of the entire holder, indicating which end into which you are trying to install the blade. It wouldn't be the first time someone got it wrong.

In the photo, the pin that you see is the beveled end of the cutter blade, the end of the holder that is seen is the cutter end showing the bearing with the screw cap removed, I have placed a ticket with uscutter, but haven't heard back yet.

The purpose of the photo is to show the difference between the "cutter size" and the hole it's suppose to go in.

Jake

In the photo, the pin that you see is the beveled end of the cutter blade, the end of the holder that is seen is the cutter end showing the bearing with the screw cap removed, I have placed a ticket with uscutter, but haven't heard back yet.

The purpose of the photo is to show the difference between the "cutter size" and the hole it's suppose to go in.

Jake

as I asked before..a pic of the entire blade holder might help us determine if you were sent the wrong one.

As requested here are the photos. Just to clarify, I am very happy with the cutter thus far, it has done some great pen work. I have logged a ticket with USCUTTER below is the ticket number, but as of yet have not gotten a reply.

Ticket ID: ZMM-118-33092

Subject: Blade Holder

Department: Equipment & Material Tech Support

Type: Issue

Priority: High

There are only 2 possible reasons for this issue,

1. This blade holder is meant for 1.5mm blades and thus the wrong holder was sent.

2. There are 2 bearings in this holder 1 with a 2mm ID that the cutter slides through, and 1 with a smaller ID that sits against the magnet and that the beveled end of the cutter rides against, and that during assembly the 2 were mis-assembled.

Any Ideas

Jake

post-16848-0-83266500-1300398722_thumb.j

post-16848-0-87923300-1300398732_thumb.j

post-16848-0-79866600-1300398742_thumb.j

post-16848-0-39115700-1300398753_thumb.j

As requested here are the photos. Just to clarify, I am very happy with the cutter thus far, it has done some great pen work. I have logged a ticket with USCUTTER below is the ticket number, but as of yet have not gotten a reply.

Ticket ID: ZMM-118-33092

Subject: Blade Holder

Department: Equipment & Material Tech Support

Type: Issue

Priority: High

There are only 2 possible reasons for this issue,

1. This blade holder is meant for 1.5mm blades and thus the wrong holder was sent.

2. There are 2 bearings in this holder 1 with a 2mm ID that the cutter slides through, and 1 with a smaller ID that sits against the magnet and that the beveled end of the cutter rides against, and that during assembly the 2 were mis-assembled.

Any Ideas

Jake

there might be something wrong with it, but that is the correct blade holder.Just curious...you are using the blades that came with it, right?

Yes, I have tried the 3 that came with it, and the 6 extra that I ordered with it. I have tried all 18 of the blades that one of my co-workers had.

Now I just need USCUTTER to send me a replacement, The Job that I intended to cut and press Saturday for Monday Delivery, has gone out the window, and I can't find anyone within 50 miles that has a Roland Blade holder in stock.

Jake

Yes, I have tried the 3 that came with it, and the 6 extra that I ordered with it. I have tried all 18 of the blades that one of my co-workers had.

Now I just need USCUTTER to send me a replacement, The Job that I intended to cut and press Saturday for Monday Delivery, has gone out the window, and I can't find anyone within 50 miles that has a Roland Blade holder in stock.

Jake

where are you located?

It is best to have a spare , so you might look on e-bay ... seems they are like $10 . I think all Roland style blade holder will work :huh: John will know for sure .

• Like 1

It is best to have a spare , so you might look on e-bay ... seems they are like $10 . I think all Roland style blade holder will work :huh: John will know for sure .

some will,some will not. On ebay, just look for the ones that say the fit most Chinese cutters. Not much help for your present situation...your best bet would be to have USC OVERNIGHT one to you tomorrow and make SURE they chose Saturday Delivery. I can't stress that part enough..or overnight will be Monday. USPS Express mail should be about $17 if they ask you to pay for it.

some will,some will not. On ebay, just look for the ones that say the fit most Chinese cutters. Not much help for your present situation...your best bet would be to have USC OVERNIGHT one to you tomorrow and make SURE they chose Saturday Delivery. I can't stress that part enough..or overnight will be Monday. USPS Express mail should be about $17 if they ask you to pay for it.

according to Paco's Newbie Manual. The Roland blade holder is different than Pcut/Laser Pointer blade holder. The Pcut/Laser pointer holder takes a 1.5 MM Diameter blade. The Roland blade holder takes a 2MM diameter blade, the measurements of the blade holders are different also by length.

PCUT blade holder length 55 MM

Roland blade holder length 41MM

The Roland blade holder is used on the MH series vinyl cutters and many other Chinese cutters. But not the PCUTS/LASER POINTER, vinyl cutters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pcut-Holder-Cutting-plotter-vinyl-cutter-3pc-blade-/160549979914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256186470a

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-blade-holder-Cutting-plotter-holder-3pc-45-/150567255850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230e81ff2a

Someone on the forum has made the mistake before of purchasing a back up blade holder, and purchased a Roland blade holder for their Pcut. It was too short.

post-3058-0-36680900-1300408513_thumb.jp

according to Paco's Newbie Manual. The Roland blade holder is different than Pcut/Laser Pointer blade holder. The Pcut/Laser pointer holder takes a 1.5 MM Diameter blade. The Roland blade holder takes a 2MM diameter blade, the measurements of the blade holders are different also by length.

PCUT blade holder length 55 MM

Roland blade holder length 41MM

The Roland blade holder is used on the MH series vinyl cutters and many other Chinese cutters. But not the PCUTS/LASER POINTER, vinyl cutters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pcut-Holder-Cutting-plotter-vinyl-cutter-3pc-blade-/160549979914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256186470a

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-blade-holder-Cutting-plotter-holder-3pc-45-/150567255850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230e81ff2a

Someone on the forum has made the mistake before of purchasing a back up blade holder, and purchased a Roland blade holder for their Pcut. It was too short.

that may well be..but his holder,as well as mine, take standard Roland Blades. They do NOT take standard Pcut Blades. So it is the Roland holder that he needs.

that may well be..but his holder,as well as mine, take standard Roland Blades. They do NOT take standard Pcut Blades. So it is the Roland holder that he needs.

ok, makes more sense now. from reading the USCUTTER ad on the Pcut. Thanks, USCUTTER changed the Pcut to use Roland. Got it. ;D

Our Creation machines include Roland Compatible blades instead of PCUT, so you can use standard and readily available blade (check out our discount prices on blades).