Sign in to follow this  
wasatchcars

Are vinyl banners DEAD?

I have a good friend for over 15 years of mine that just bought a coffee shop.

I did his business hour in vinyl on the front door for $20 he was happy.

Then he wanted a 3' X 25' banner for the front of the building business name and what they offer for sale.

I really didn't want to do it but being a good friend I told him $225 thats $3 a SF.

2 days later he tells me he got a quote of $149 full color printed including art work.

Right then I told him to jump on it.

Well he got it and I helped put it up and it looks great I must say.

That got me thinking vinyl banners are dead I cant compete with those prices.

Of course window lettering & graphics are still going strong for me.

I am considering not offering banners any more.

my opinion is if it's not costing you anything to offer the service - what's the big deal?

A lot of my business requires i buy specialty items, some quite expensive which i dont stock.

As long as they're willing to wait a few days for the parts to come in, no problem.

If they decide i'm to expensive, I'm only out the time it took to research the job and the cost.

I'm always up front with my clients and have no problem telling them they can get the parts cheaper down the street if that's the case. Seems most of them perfer to wait till I get them in because they know me and my reputation.... The ones that don't want to wait like the honesty and almost always come back for something else... either way, it's a win - win for me! :D

i don't see how they can do them for that price?? they are not making but maybe a dollar a sq ft. i don't know about them but i can't work for that. i charge 5.00 print hemmed and grommeted. and that is cheap around here.

There is more and more printers around here, and some people lower price in order to keep printers busy (lease payments has to be made)

Thing is Wholesale prices should not be offered to the walk in customers who want one or two graduation banners, because down the road we all will be loosing money .

I charge $4.50 sqFt for 13 Oz banners, and that is reasonable in my area.

Everything over 150sqft qualifies for wholesale price (same price I offer to Forum members)

not with me. I'm busier than ever. Coroplast too. people who just want one banner or a few coroplast are what keeps me in business.

not with me. I'm busier than ever. Coroplast too. people who just want one banner or a few coroplast are what keeps me in business.

BannerJohn

Where do you get your coroplast from?

thanks

stetson5331