hawkeyeent

Which vinyls are YOUR standard?

I've been cutting vinyl for 3-4 years now and I started by using premium Avery vinyl at a local sign shop (that's all they used.) Now that I'm on my own, I've been using Oracal 651 and haven't had any issues what so ever, but most of my work is on race cars. Based on price, I'd love to stay with the 651... but I know there are going to be some rush jobs come up where I may need 751 or 951.

Question is... what vinyl do YOU use every day for every job?

I keep Avery 6 year (comparable to 651) in stock and that's pretty much all i use. No issues at all going on 5+ years. I use cast vinyl if the job calls for it (rivets, compound curves, stripes)

I'm just a beginner but have been using the Greenstar vinyl. Didn't want to spend alot to throw it away.

I use 631 for my indoor wall art decals then normally 651 for all my other decals.  I just had someone request my to do the side of their vehicle and I think I am going to use 751 for it.

Oracle 651 all the way for me. Good starter vinyl I figured... but it turned out to be a lot better than I expected.

I had a roll of white Greenstar for about 3 days and it just wouldn't seem to stick very well, SO I gave it back to my friend and ordered the Oracle, couldn't be happier now!

I've been keeping 651 for most jobs, but I think i may start stocking 751 in basic colors for vehicles. My new dilemma is whether to just purchase 15" for cost efficiency or 24" for time efficiency (not having to order it as specialty for large graphics.)

I stock MacTac 8300 in RED, BLACK & WHITE, it's an easy weed at 121 pressure and it has been holding up great for all my applications from cloth awnings to plexi. I used to use the 651 too however I've found they it gets a little "crunchy" when it sit's on a shelf over a period of time. Also, 24" X 50 yard rolls are only $60.

Signuniverse/USCutter seem to have the best deals that I have found on most vinyls. Plus $9.99 flat rate shipping is hard to beat.

I use greenstar for the numbers on the sprint car that I sponsor. He gets free numbers and I get to put my name on the car.. Its a win win.

The reason I went with it, is mainly price.  They numbers will not make it usually more than two races before they are destroyed.  I just make hime some more.

I just started using oracal 651 and I like it, but I ordered 15 in and the punches are killing me.

Darin