cmwyke

Cleaning Van

Wow $170?

We are coming up with $400 or so because we see VALUE in our work and charge for it. $170 is a spit in your own face for this job. I get $200 for a set of 2 color truck doors on a dump truck.....

If your serious about pricing your work and being in this industry google sign craft. It's a pricing guide to help people who have no clue to price their work and make good money

your thinking like someone whos trying to make a wage, instead of growing a business and being in business.

incorporated into a large job such as this with a logo multi color and well thought out design should be a design fee.

you need to price by a metric which you are clearly not.

do you want to grow your business?

purchase better equipment some day?

replace warn equipment?

expand your capabilities with more and different equipment?

pay for general liability insurance?

and lastly but not leastly, paying for your time is just that it is not profit, it is your wage, on top of that after expenses, which a wage to yourself is one, you must make a profit.

if you see a bronze sculpture in an art gallery thats  14" tall of a horse and rider and the artist wants 2,000 what do you say? why? the bronze by weight only cost 170 dollars?

how does he arrive at 2,000 when there is only 170 in materials...

see what were getting at?

the first time you spend 3 hours producing a knockout drawing for the customers approval and they take that drawing to someone else who underbids you because they didnt have to spend 3 hours producing a drawing they knew the customer would like allready you will get it.

the words are value added service.

Good looking work and you are under vauleing your labor and craft I would have been about 3 times that much. you have done good work and should be paid acordingly.

After looking at some of ya'lls prices and reading these posts, I went thru my price points and saw where I can adjust them and still have lower prices the the shops in my area. Granted, I work out of home so I have low overhead and it's only a part-time biz... but I was still able to increase my Standard/Metallic by $1.58, Fluorescent by $3.50, and Reflective by $2.00.

Since I'm small time, my selling point to new customers is my price, but I feel confident that these prices will bring better profit and still attract new customers.  :thumbsup:

After looking at some of ya'lls prices and reading these posts, I went thru my price points and saw where I can adjust them and still have lower prices the the shops in my area. Granted, I work out of home so I have low overhead and it's only a part-time biz... but I was still able to increase my Standard/Metallic by $1.58, Fluorescent by $3.50, and Reflective by $2.00.

Since I'm small time, my selling point to new customers is my price, but I feel confident that these prices will bring better profit and still attract new customers.  :thumbsup:

*sigh*

I just wish some guys here would get more serious about pricing their work

You also need to take in the experience level of the person doing the work, how long they've been in business and what the neighborhood will accept. I wouldn't charge 1/10th of what most of you charge on here (if i was doing this for money) simply because i dont have the expertise.

You also need to take in the experience level of the person doing the work, how long they've been in business and what the neighborhood will accept. I wouldn't charge 1/10th of what most of you charge on here (if i was doing this for money) simply because i dont have the expertise.

This.

I do 90% of this stuff as a hobby.  I'm happy if I make enough on my side jobs to cover the cost of the extra material I use for myself.  I got my cutter for nearly free and I next to no overhead.

Sounds more like people are hurt because the small guy is "stealing" their business.  Capitalism can be a bitch sometimes.

This.

I do 90% of this stuff as a hobby.  I'm happy if I make enough on my side jobs to cover the cost of the extra material I use for myself.   I got my cutter for nearly free and I next to no overhead.

Sounds more like people are hurt because the small guy is "stealing" their business.  Capitalism can be a bitch sometimes.

I am in no way "hurt". You can shoot low prices all day but when something happens the guy who is charging like he should for his work will be there to back up anything that the customer may need further.  That may be why signs are just a hobby and will not turn into a full time deal for them. I am very serious about my job in the industry that's why i post what i do.

Super Clean work buddy :thumbsup:

For someone who has never done a big job like this before you did REAL GOOD at lining everything up, ESPECIALLY because you have white outlines incoorporated in there.  BTW...how did you get that white outline?, did you put everything together BEFORE hand or right on the van?

Your Pricing...nobody lives where you do so the pricing varies and only you know the competition of your city.  PLUS, because you did such good work AND for the first time a big van like this, your customer will refer you and THAT'S when you can start picking your price up a bit...as you gain more experience and feel "confident" you can deliver GREAT QUALITY WORK I think this is a great piece to add to your portfolio!

What was once a "hobby" for me turned out to be a GREAT BUSINESS so be prepared and start researching your competition.  The ones who are expensive out there did exactly that and that's why THEY TOO are so expensive, and well, they have expereince....something you too will shortly gain after some trial and error!  Whoever said you need to charge an arm and a leg for things that make people happy, I understand if it's your bread and butter, but you atrack more bees with honey than you do with salt! (I think thats what they say)  :-

Good Luck  :thumbsup:

DAZZEL

Your Pricing...nobody lives where you do so the pricing varies and only you know the competition of your city.

This.

We priced our stuff just barely under the local sign shop. This guy we hooked up because he talks to quite a few people, but all we really did from our normal pricing was give him free installation.

As for the white line, we did a wet install on site for that. We've found it's easier to do mulitlayer like that on site during the install rather than beforehand.

I think the van looks good.

I do have one question, Do you have insurance coverage for any mishap a customer might say you did to their vehicles paint job? A nice job can get real expensive.

Looks good to me ? ? Nice job. Its not about price ! ! Its enjoyment of doin the work  ;D

Maybe the bullet points this way tho ? Takes your eye of the extra size ? ?  Nice work . .

post-11499-1298655792964_thumb.jpg

post-11499-1298655793859_thumb.jpg