Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

New to the boards -- got a cutter for Christmas

:santahat:  Hi everyone!  My fiance bought me a cutter for Christmas and I can't wait to see what I can make with it!  I currently own a sublimation company on the side (I work full time too as a Director for a corporate promotions company) - but wanted to expand my product line.  I ordered some wall words from Uppercase Living - they were pricey -- and I figured I could make them myself for a fraction of the price.  I can also make some stuff for the police department's soccer team and maybe some shirts or other items to include in our Welcome Bags for our wedding in Mexico.

I've been browsing these boards - and there's so much info to soak up!!  I'd like to make tshirt transfers and wall transfers to start with.  Can anyone tell me what the best vinyls to use for each application would be and where to get them? 

Happy New Year everyone!  Stay safe....

Lisa

:clap: Congratulations for your present! That is a nice present, you will have fun and make money with it.

Welcome to the forums  :woohoo:

JoeCamaro

Your fiance is a good man! No flowers,candies or jewelry....something USEFUL!

anyhow,welcome to the forums. Read as much as you can and there are many opinions on vinyl,read the posts in that section. Everyone has a favorite. Mine is FDC for the money.

Ignore the posts today where some of us went back to our childhoods. We really are not crazy. Or not so you would notice.

Thanks guys!  I did also get crystal toasting flutes for the wedding and some other fun stuff -- but I guess we went practical this year -- since I bought him "perp gloves" made of kevlar to protect him from needles/knives/blood/fluid from criminals.  :lol:  Hmmmm.... I'll have to run and read the childhood posts now while I do more research!!  :thanks:

Welcome Lisa,

As you've probably already noticed this is a GREAT Forum.............all the help you need when needed and ofcourse some funny times too....just purely a wonderful group of people!!  :woohoo:

Jenny

PS.....we purchased a cutter for Christmas too and lovin' every minute of it....well ok there are a few headaches along the way...but so worth it.

I've been doing some of the Wall Sayings. I like using the Oracal 631. It has a matte finish tha make it look painted. The adhesive is more of a temporary so it comes off of the walls without taking the paint with it. Welcome to the forum!

Lisa, here are a couple of pictures of sayings we have up in our house.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Jay!!  Never thought about my daughter grabbing a sharpie -- but she's 11 and she pretty much knows I'd kick her..... well, you get the idea!  The pics look great!  I'm so glad I found this forum and I've learned so much already!!  I can't wait to actually get some vinyl and start playing.  After wall words, tshirts are next...  Uh oh, I'm already addicted!