Sign in to follow this  
Kerberus

What would you all charge for this banner

It's a 3'x8' banner, 2 colors, as shown in the image... I'm not worried about the little bit of black... they requested it, and i have black scraps enough to cover it so i'm still calling it a 2 color job...

I'm just wondering if my pricing is high or low? I got $130.00 for it... what do you all think?

baseballbannerproof.th.jpg

I'd be $120.00 printed and would do a 2.5' x 8' since my machine is only 30". I could outsource it if they absolutely needed a 3' tall one though.

You really need to charge for the work at hand, i mean yes you have "scraps" but come on, charge for it because it's part of the job. That's more money in your pocket.

I would say you are safe anywhere between $120-$140. If you can get away with a little more then kudos. But as for the scrap, don't give them away... the customer doesn't know that anything was cut from it and anything you can use consider it all profit.

Besides, all it takes is a friendly conversation with the customer and a slip up of the word "scrap" and they will come to expect you to use it or argue over it to get a cheap price.

I would be at C$168.00.....And there is no way I would call that a 3 colour job....Fair and reasonable will get you more work in the long run......And your 130.00 is fair and reasonable in my mind.....

I would say you are safe anywhere between $120-$140. If you can get away with a little more then kudos. But as for the scrap, don't give them away... the customer doesn't know that anything was cut from it and anything you can use consider it all profit.

Besides, all it takes is a friendly conversation with the customer and a slip up of the word "scrap" and they will come to expect you to use it or argue over it to get a cheap price.

Yep! There is many things i have learned in the 5 years of doing this. Most don't want to realize what i say is true but i only speak from experience when i say charge for the job at hand. Don't give away your work and make others who make a honest living doing graphics look bad when your out of business for being the nice guy and we're still standing and charging for the job at hand.

I don't charge for scraps. They've already been paid for. Around here that's called 'double dipping'.

I make enough money from my labor that I don't have to make someone pay for something that someone else has already paid for.

I don't charge for scraps. They've already been paid for. Around here that's called 'double dipping'.

I make enough money from my labor that I don't have to make someone pay for something that someone else has already paid for.

i agree

For a friend or someone close to me, I will either cut a deal or give a scrap job away for free. Other customers, I just try to keep the principle at hand. In my experience, it keeps a lot of the "dead beat" customers from nickle and diming me. If you can keep up good customer service and relations by doing the scrap jobs cheap, I would have no problem with it and definitely respect you for it!