xJoey Dubsx

Very simple request

Making decals for a buddy's site... Could someone please replicate this? Even if it's just the outline of Ohio?

Basically here's original...

logo.png

I want it to be like this...

omrlogo.jpg

So basically I want the Ohio with that one section cut out... If some one would atleast do that, I can do font, enless you're feeling generous!  :thumbsup:

I want the inside of the outline to follow the outside the same.

Thanks ahead of time!

I'll be generous and walk you thru it.  Way too easy  download www.inkscape.org 

Vectorising in Inkscape

SolutionThis walk through explains the basics of vectorising in Inkscape.

Step 1) Import your image. Click File>Import, find your file and click OK.

Step 2) Select the image, go to the top of the screen, click Path>Trace Bitmap.

Step 3) The Trace Bitmap menu will then open. Here you can select how you want your image vectorised and adjust the settings. You can also generate a preview. Once you are happy with the preview click OK and close the Trace Bitmap screen.

Step 4) Now you will have your new vector image and the old raster (bitmap, jpeg, gif etc) image stacked on top of each other. Seperate the two and delete the raster.

Step 5) Play around with your new vector image!

Tough crowd, thought this was the request section?  :thumbsup:

I didnt download it yet, my cutter should be in the mail tomorrow, so I'll mess with it then.

how do the answers given make it a tough crowd? the people that have replied here have shown you the way to do it yourself. that way, when your cutter comes in, you can cut all kinds of cool stuff. if you feel that the answers given weren't sufficient, would you also like someone to come by and cut it, tape it, and install it for you? you could also use the services of a few people who are trying to make a living by vectoring items. there's drakesis, joe camaro, and the vector doctor. those guys can do the above logo exactly as you need it for a very reasonable price. good luck.

Just because it is the Graphic Requests section is all... I assumed that someone would be willing to do so. My bad.

Tough crowd, thought this was the request section?  :thumbsup:

I didnt download it yet, my cutter should be in the mail tomorrow, so I'll mess with it then.

Go here and download SignBlazer now to play with.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,21665.0.html

It is free and you can learn even before you get your cutter.

I can't now, I am at work, so thanks.

Just because it is the Graphic Requests section is all... I assumed that someone would be willing to do so. My bad.

no tough crowd here.  most of those people that helped on vectorizing before ,  (the more experienced artists), have moved to another forum.  So, most all people here are new, just like you. So, we try to teach you to do it yourself.   Because you need to learn it to be in this business.

Joe Camaro

www.decalization.com

drakesis

www.excaliburcreations.com

both do great work at reasonable prices

ASAP???  you haven't even learned how to run your cutter yet...  

I could do it myself, rather then pay with the pen tool, I was really jsut lookng for someone bored to do it, I'll do it myself. Nevermind guys.

ASAP???  you haven't even learned how to run your cutter yet...  

I have high hopes, lol should have my cutter today as long as someone's home to sign for it unlike yesterday..

I'm impatient.. If I buy something in the mail today, I want it yesterday.

lol  you will find that impatience will get you overwhelmed and very frustated.  We see it on here all the time,  new people promising orders, and can't even run a vinyl cutter,, don't have a clue how to set it up,  and can't even vectorize an image. What vinyl do I use,?  How do you apply transfer tape? what kind of tape?  What does blade offset mean.?   Then they get ticked off at us, because we won't do their job for them.  Good Luck with that impatience.   You need to  learn first, then practice, practice, practice, before you take any orders, Even friends.   my 2c

lol  you will find that impatience will get you overwhelmed and very frustated.  We see it on here all the time,  new people promising orders, and can't even run a vinyl cutter,, don't have a clue how to set it up,  and can't even vectorize an image. What vinyl do I use,?  How do you apply transfer tape? what kind of tape?  What does blade offset mean.?   Then they get ticked off at us, because we won't do their job for them.  Good Luck with that impatience.   You need to  learn first, then practice, practice, practice, before you take any orders, Even friends.   my 2c

agree 110 percent!

I was the lead graphic designer for a Fast Signs for about a year fresh out of a High School 2 year Vocational Graphic Design program. It's just been a while since I've done vector, and ran a cutter. I did installs and all that while there too. Hingeing dry, using the wet meathod, lining up vinyls that are not small enough to be cut all on roll, and all of that, will be like riding a bike I'm sure.

Joey I've NEVER slammed anyone before, you're the first. Being impatient will get NOWHERE fast pal, if you've done so much, just go away and do it yourself and stop being a jerk.

Joe

I'm not being impatient about this, just stating lol. Its all good ill do it myself if no one is willing.. This was just a request.

wen i started with my cutter 6 or so months ago, it was alot of triall and error,,, start making little stuff to get to no ur software.

thier is enough info on here to help with what you want. everyone has been a great help to me,,"THANX EVERYONE",,,

keep trying, thats how i learned, just because its a request forum does not mean all ur work is gonna be done for you here...

go to a local vinyl shop and buy sum scrap from them to practice with.

Youv'e been out of school for 4 years and forgot . . . . yeh right

Didn't say I forgot, just gotta refresh myself in it. lol.