Sign in to follow this  
Jay2703

Spare Blade Holders

I ran across this on eBay and thought it looked like a good deal if any of you want to buy a spare blade holder. (It does ship from china) Looks like they have holders for most models of cutters. I have not dealt with them and know nothing about them but looks like a good deal.

http://stores.ebay.com/cnlisaliu

Jay

Thanks for the info but I've had several bad results dealing with China where they've taken the money and closed down, eBay and Paypal says there is nothing they can do and I'm out the cash and because of that, I now shop US only!  :thumbsup:

If you pay for an item and don't get it, Paypal will refund your money. Whoever told you differently was full of it.

I get shipments from China weekly......never a problem,including one of those blade holders.

There are a couple of vendors I deal with on a regular basis in China and have never had problems. I understand that all of them are not like that which is why I posted where it was from.

Jay

If you pay for an item and don't get it, Paypal will refund your money. Whoever told you differently was full of it.

I get shipments from China weekly......never a problem,including one of those blade holders.

Which blade holder do you use in your Refine? The Roland or the Pcut?

Thanks,

Bill

I have probably done over 50 orders with various China and/or Vietnam suppliers with no major problems......A couple "speed bumps" with delivery times but no problems getting goods or quality....

The problems are usually with the companies offering big ticket items like machinery.  They take a few orders then disappear knowing the buyer has no recourse. 

Well I

The problems are usually with the companies offering big ticket items like machinery.  They take a few orders then disappear knowing the buyer has no recourse. 

Guess I should have kept my mouth shut and read the rest of the posts before replying  ;D

This was my situation exactly!  :thumbsup:

Hey Bayotle ( still crackin up about the 5th comment  :thumbsup: ) ,

The other member was saying whoever at PayPal told you that " was full of it " . Like you say , buying with a credit card allows a person to dispute any charge & I have never heard of anybody not prevailing in a dispute. I think without a signature  , the ball is in the credit card customers park . I don't think there is much realistc recourse other than PayPal effort & 1's own credit card company . If the seller was just a few states away , I know I would not pursue legal action even if I could identify who the seller was . It would take a major purchase to make it worth even trying . Those type of purchases I would take care of in person . I only buy what I could afford to lose over the net . Also PayPal has changed the policies protecting the buyer better .

I have bought from them before without any problem, took about 10 days to get my extra holder. I use it for chrome and diamond plate never had an issue with it.

I wonder how many small businesses and/or investors lost money when GM went broke.....Yes there are bad companies in China, but there are also bad companies in the US, Canada, etc....It seems the few bad examples are blown way out of proportion.....

PS....If you fund your PayPal purchases with a credit card, you have 2 layers of protection.....

Things have changed with Paypal in the last 'year or so'. You have buyer protection now. If you pay for it and they can't prove that it was delivered to you, or they don't respond at all...that's all it takes.

Bottom line is..on ebay...read the feedback..esp the negatives....it's how they handle problems that counts. Not that they have an occasional problem..that happens to everyone.

BTW if you buy a blade holder (or just about anything anymore) here in the US, you're just paying a distributor mark-up. Chances are it probably came from China in the first place. I used to worry about buying computer parts from China until I realized that's where they are made anyway.

Hey Bayotle ( still crackin up about the 5th comment  :thumbsup: ) ,

If you think it's that funny, how about buying me one??  ;D

The other member was saying whoever at PayPal told you that " was full of it " . Like you say , buying with a credit card allows a person to dispute any charge & I have never heard of anybody not prevailing in a dispute. I think without a signature  , the ball is in the credit card customers park . I don't think there is much realistic recourse other than PayPal effort & 1's own credit card company . If the seller was just a few states away , I know I would not pursue legal action even if I could identify who the seller was . It would take a major purchase to make it worth even trying . Those type of purchases I would take care of in person . I only buy what I could afford to lose over the net . Also PayPal has changed the policies protecting the buyer better .

I had about 20 pages typed up defending my honor and everything else including examples, documentation and twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one but after reading it for the 25th time came to the conclusion that anything I put in here (and probably this) is just going to keep the conversation going on and on and on and ... and if memory serves me correctly, the original topic of conversation was the sale of spare blade holders right?

So, this is my last comment on the subject short and sweet. I could care less about what goes on at eBay or who buys or sells or where they live, I do perfer (as i said earlier) "to inform friends and colleges of my experience" and nothing more.

Now if my 2cents is a problem for some of you, I'll be more than happy to work up a poll as to if i should zip it or keep running my mouth..

(not that I'd abide by the results but would be interesting to see ;D)

ummm Rodger? Still waiting on that case of Jack! ;D

Bayotle ,

Hmmm  ;D ;D How did it go from a 5th of Jack to a case ;D  ;D Sounds like you are a horse trader like me  ;D . Where are you located ?? I might be coming by with a 5th  :thumbsup: ... When I drank whiskey , I drank Jim Beam ( I was into Hank Jr for awhile ) . When I started enjoying drinking it straight , I knew it was time to quit .

Don't take any of the conversation personal , nothing was aimed at your honor , especially from me  ;D . Comments are meant to be responded to . That is how I adjust my perspectives about things . People I consider worthwhile conversing with gives me a perspective I may not have considered . KEEP running your mouth & giving us your 2 cents . Your warning about buying from China was taken as sound advice , just none of the rest of us are not bashfull about saying our 2 cents  ;D . The thread is still on topic though a bit of a tangent . That is what threads are for IMO .

Bayotle = good member  ;D

Bayotle ,

Hmmm  ;D ;D How did it go from a 5th of Jack to a case ;D  ;D Sounds like you are a horse trader like me  ;D . Where are you located ?? I might be coming by with a 5th  :thumbsup: ... When I drank whiskey , I drank Jim Beam ( I was into Hank Jr for awhile ) . When I started enjoying drinking it straight , I knew it was time to quit .

Don't take any of the conversation personal , nothing was aimed at your honor , especially from me  ;D . Comments are meant to be responded to . That is how I adjust my perspectives about things . People I consider worthwhile conversing with gives me a perspective I may not have considered . KEEP running your mouth & giving us your 2 cents . Your warning about buying from China was taken as sound advice , just none of the rest of us are not bashfull about saying our 2 cents  ;D . The thread is still on topic though a bit of a tangent . That is what threads are for IMO .

Bayotle = good member  ;D

No worries my friend, my favorite line is... "it's the internet" - I don't take anything anyone says personal.

My first post made my point, wasn't a need to defend my honor or even the dayum post. It was my opinion and like medical opinions, rather open to interpretation and will more than likely change over time! ;D Just didn't see a reason to beat a dead horse!  ;D

And to answer you're question(s)....

It went from a 5th of Jack to a case when i figured you'd be one of the ones that wanted me to shut-up, and only time i shut-up is when I'm passed out and a lonely 5th is just a good start!!!  ;D

And I'm in the state of misery, er Missouri, the show me state (that slogan really needs to be changed. Only time it works is at the nudie bars in Illinois)

If you're ever in the neighborhood, gimme a yell! Always looking for a good excuse to head east for a few!  ;D

If you knew me better like some members here ...  ;D , you would know I love to beat a dead horse  ;D

You figured wrong when you thought I wanted you to shut up . Actually , I don't think anybody wanted you to shut up , just debating the subject . I think sincere intelligent discussion/debate is entertaining & informative .. Used to be I thought I was only wrong 1 time in my whole life .That was when I thought I was wrong & it turned out I wasn't  ;D . Now I think I might have been at least close to wrong several other times  ;D . Wait until we get into discussion with Nuke , He is  bit compulsive about a couple things , but is sincere & has some good perspectives . He likes to beat a dead horse even more than I do , but i enjoy it  :thumbsup: . I have to disagree with this statement of yours though " "it's the internet - I don't take anything anyone says personal " there are times when things have to be taken personally , but I understand what you mean . I can enjoy a debate with someone even when they are being personal , but it usually rapidly gets into winning the debate instead of a better perspective goal . ( BTW , Nuke who I enjoy can write a better book than me  ;D )

deadhorsebeat_2.gif

Oh h3ll, leave it to Dakota to find a fitting graphic for any subject matter :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

And Rodger, my comment about shutting up was an ill conceived attempt at getting you to cough up the case! ;) (dayum it!)

Well from what you said, this could be interesting times at the US Cutter 4ums, first, I used to know someone with that name (nuke),  but doubtfull he's one in the same!?! Second, this is one of my more controlled conversations, I can, and do usually go off on loonnnng tangents and have more than one problem with being compulsive! (11pm and I'm at the shop instead of being at the lake!) Guess age is just starting to get the best of me ...

More on a reality check though, I'm sorry to hear about your 'imperfection', I myself have to admit, in all my years, I've yet to be wrong about anything. Guess even that one small error of yours pretty knocks you out of the running in achieving the level of perfection I have...

(OK, now that was funny!  :lol:)

And now back to your regularly schedule forum...

So has anyone tried out these blade holders???  :rolleyes:

What blade holders ?