Sign in to follow this  
signme

Yellow Pages

We have been doing signs for the last three years. Started as a hobby, now full time, liscenced ect. I have never been in the yellow pages. My rep. is going to charge me $92 per month for a black and white ad, size is 1 3/4 x 2 1/4. Is that a fair price? Does the yellow pages work?

to be totally honest, look in your local yellow pages. There will more than likely be big sign companies and about 50 or so. I know mine is crammed with shops and it's going to be hard to make it worth your time and money. I would just do simple vehicle lettering on your own vehicles and call it a day.

Guest YHC

My dad has ran his own business for years and has an ad in the yellow pages. He told me that he gets more for his money just placing an ad in the local shopper. He even changed his company name from Advanced Antennas to A Advanced Antennas which allowed his name to be the first in the phone book.

If I where you I would just make a free Google account and ad your business info in Google maps. Its free and is how most people these days look up companies.

Phone Book?

They still make those things?

Save your money no one uses phone books anymore

I can't remember the last time I used a phone book...

It's literally been years. And I likely didn't use it to find a phone number when I actually did use it. They make great booster seats for little ones to reach the dining table. :thumbsup:

Between the internet on home pc's, smartphones, HTPC's, most use the internet to find everything. For good reason too; it's very convenient.

I seen Notebooks, netbooks, Ebooks, Can't remember what a phonebook is  LOL

gotta think they are hurtin for revenue

Guest kenya

I've advertised in the Yellow Pages for years.

With so many new people moving in our area, it made more sense to advertise in the local newspaper.

And I always ask my customers where did they here about us. I like to know what is working the best.

And 90% say from the newspaper.

Same with us Kenya when we do an ad it is in the newspaper or local TV. I have not used yellow pages for years the last bills for the yellow pages was 300.00 plus per mth. the phone was only about a hundred for three lines.  Most of our work is referrals and established customer base and I don't know if we could handle more volume between the handyman service ,sign installs and installs of signs that I produce. But we have been in business over 35 years and are well known in our small area so when someone needs a repair or a sign some one says call the handy man. so we are very lucky in not needing the added cost of advertisements.

Dan

Guest fivestar

Dan that's the same with me, I'm in a small town and have done exactly $0.00 in advertising for my business EVER.  Now our flower shop we do "some" advertising but that's the nice thing about a small town.  Word of mouth advertising works the best.

One more thing...I lettered the back window of my truck with my company name and phone number. Had a little incident in traffic last week. My middle finger happened to get stuck erect for about half a mile down the interstate. I almost had to change my phone number. Just a reminder to all..watch out.

Got to watch the gestures and yelling profanity with lettered vehicles it can com back and bite you on the ass.

Dan

PS That goes for whistling at women also!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D