Sign in to follow this  
bbreault

My First Store Front Vinyl

Hey Everyone,

I just got done doing my very first storefront vinyl. I gotta say that this proved to be a little more difficult than I anticipated, being only one person and all. It was only a little one, BUT it was layered, and after this vinyl I can see the advantage to having a vinyl printer. Lol. Anyone got one cheap? lol. These were done on the inside of the window, which made it even worse for the layering and bubbles but I managed to work almost all of those out AND I did it dry because I still cant get the wet app method down, which is really bumming me out because it wouldve worked otu alot better wet. But here are the pics. Hope you like it. And yes, I was given permission to remake the ebay logo. :thumbsup:

One For His Truck

IMG_2269.jpg

Storefront

width=800 height=600http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu237/braindomain333/IMG_2268.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu237/braindomain333/IMG_2267.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu237/braindomain333/IMG_2265.jpg[/img]

I did three windows all the same design. And I charged 132 for them all. Is that a good price?

looks real good! Price seems a bit low but if it didn't take more than a few hours and you are happy with what you made..that's all that counts.

My price would have been $35 an hour for installation plus the cost of vinyl and cutting,weeding,etc. Probably about $150.

But you can bet that there will be others who think that is WAY too low.

thanks guys. Do you have any tips on doin store fronts? Like how to get the graphics level easily cuz i feel that part took the longest. Oh and i forgot to mention that i didnt do the big lettering just the stuff below it. am i still underpriced?

Guest Schramm

The going rate nationwide for sign work is $45-60 per hour.  I rarely ever do T&M (time and material) any longer, I just give them a price based on the entire job.

What part of this did you do?

you did a nice job. Looks great especially for dry app. Would have been around $250 for those but as long as you made a profit more power to ya.  :thumbsup:

just for what you did,the ebay stuff...your price is good.

as for  $45-$60 nationwide...not where I live...for that type of work. You gotta get in a bucket here to charge that.

you guys have any advice/tips for storefronts? Ive got a much larger one comin up and would like any kind of advice on how to efficiently do them. Thanks

yeah//buy some RapidTac 2 and learn how to use it. It will save you a lot of time.

just for what you did,the ebay stuff...your price is good.

as for  $45-$60 nationwide...not where I live...for that type of work. You gotta get in a bucket here to charge that.

if we tried to charge that around here we would get laughed at. about 35.00 and hour seems to be pushing it. (politics)

Rapid tac :thumbsup:  clean very well. I measure from the top ,bottom and sides I also find the center to make sure the copy is centered especially left to right. I don't try to level it is better to pull straight from the closest straight line that the lettering will be close to.  I found out way back that leveling can look unlevel if the window is off level or out of square from settlement. the rapid tac is easy to use wipe any excess away from the decal ( I use quite a bit of force when I squeegee ) spray the app tape with rapid tac let set for a while then remove the tape clean the area

yeah i noticed that leveling may not work for the exact reason you stated. I lined mine up with the lettering that was already there. I may go purchase some rapid tac tomorrow.

Rapid Tac 2 all day long, I cant tell you how much I love that stuff. lol!

Keep in mind that Oracal does not recommend installing on the inside of the window because the vinyl is uv resistant and the adhesive is not - it will degrade over time.  FYI

other than that it looks good

I tried telling him that was an issue. But he has a problem with some of the city loiterers and isnt on good terms with them and he was worried that they would try to take it off. Thats the only reason its on the inside. But i made sure to make it clear to him that was an issue. Thanks everyone with the help and support. :-)

Guest kenya

Looks good. :thumbsup:

Your price is right on for my area.

thanks kenya. I live in a small area so i know that i cant charge as much as others in larger areas and its nice to see im in the ballpark to some

Guest Schramm

Well I deal with a lot of different companies with my companies and the average charge per hour is $65.  Any design work I do in house I charge out at $65 per hour.  That does not mean that I am going to use up an entire hour but we do charge a minimum charge of $35  Companies like Fast Signs charge $75 per hour.  I live in a town of 4000 people but I do business nationwide so it makes it a little different for me maybe but to tell the truth no one local would be able to do business with me.