Sign in to follow this  
forsalevinylsigns

digital camera

go with a dslr if you have the funds...

I have a nikon d60 and i am happy with it...

How much money are you looking to soend? get the best you can afford

I spent last saturday at a photography & digital imaging show & sat in on a few seminars. DSLR is definatly the way to go if you can afford it, but first & foremost I would sign up for some photography courses if you have the time, I learnt ALOT in a short time and even with my little point & shoot the pics are 1000% better after following some of the tips & tricks from the pro's.

Guest kenya

Here's what I have. It's the Sony Alpha 350.... it's an awesome camera.  :) :)

Here's a review of it.

I listen to this guy on some podcasts..he really knows his stuff:

http://chrismarquardt.com/articles/101_tips_to_improve_your_photography.html

I agree with John on Chris, I'm an avid listener. I have a Nikon D50  with a fast 1.4f 300mm lens for action sport shots of the kids on the ball field. Works great even in night field lighting without blur. I also have a 6mp lumax point and shoot that fits in my shirt pocket and is with me most of the time and for the most part it takes almost as good a picture as the Nikon for non action shots. I crop and blowup a lot of my shots and print them on my Epson 1400 and they look GREAT.

Guest Terry

my vote is the Nikon digital SLR.

Guest Marek

I use a Nikon D-40 only regret that I have is not getting the 50-200 lens right off the bat .

I use a Nikon D-40 only regret that I have is not getting the 50-200 lens right off the bat .

You would have the same feeling if you did, I got it right off the bat and now I wish I gotten the 300. lol.

Guest manwayvan

I want a pentax or olympus dslr there the shit..would put them against anything

The Fuji is the best small camera.... point and click. I run a Nikon D90 for everything else.... If I realized some of the shortcomings of the Nikon for airshow work, I would of gotten a Cannon. The short comings are able to be overcome but you have to set your zoom to manual and focus at the trees on the far side of the runway. If you don't, the camera zooms ALL the way out and then back in... and you've missed your shot. :thumbsup: Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best

Brian Wallis