Sign in to follow this  
helpinghand

dressed up my screen door

well I repainted the house and screen door and it just was crying out for some PIZZAZZ lol Put this design together yesterday. cut it, weeded it (phew glad it's done) and applied this morning. I think it really dressed up the entrance area.

post-3957-12986554247069_thumb.jpg

post-3957-12986554263874_thumb.jpg

gotta admit, when i clicked the thread, i thought, this is gonna look tacky. after all, most screen doors are ugly any way, and drawing any more attn to them is usually a bad thing.

but that job looks great!! definitely a huge improvement, and not too over the top. i like it!!

;);D ;D

Glad it don't look tacky! I hear ya though, took me several tries with graphics to figure out one I would be ok with having on my door.

Here is a close up pic of the design. I had to go out and take one quick.

post-3957-12986554248146_thumb.jpg

post-3957-12986554264114_thumb.jpg

OMFG!!! and I thought some of the weeding Ive done so far was tedious!!! I bow down to you for being able to weed that. lol. Looks awesome. Great job!!!

Guest manwayvan

Wow that is amazing..I commend you as I would have never done anything like that without making some change on it.Im lazy what can I say

That's amazing! ;) 

Was that done in just 1 cut?

Will my Graphtec CE5000-60 cut like that? (only Had it 2 weeks, haven't pushed it to the limit) ;D

Guest kenya

It looks great.  ;);D

How long did it take you to weed it?

It actually has a splice in it. It's 30" x 30" and I have a roland gx24 so needed to make 2 pieces.. It didn't take all that long to weed actually for all the detail in the outer part. I used oracal 751 and it weeded very nicely. Thanks everyone for the nice comments.