Sign in to follow this  
Souless1

Help!!! Major cutting problems, won't cut completely

I need help folks! I have a PCUT 630 that I got from USCUTTER (of course). I'm using SignBlazer and WinPCSIGN software. Here's my problem, the cutter doesn't completely cut anything. Graphics of test (regardless of font or program). It cuts through the vinyl fine, but it leaves gaps that don't cut. The gaps vary in size and location. It looks like the cutter just lifts up over the gap. Doesn't look like it's skipping, just not cutting. You can see a scan of the problem here http://www.alienacres.com/CutScan.jpg but I have to warn you, it's a large file to show the detail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

are the edges/corners of the fonts supposed to be rounded like that? I can't explain the gaps except to say that it doesn't look like it;s gutting very well in general.

Looks like a problem with the graphic. Was this a file you vectorized, or was it already in vector format when you got it? Might need to be cleaned up. You could also post a copy of the file you are cutting and i can try and cut it here.

The graphic was created from scratch in SighBlazer AND in WinPCSIGN using the fonts in the program. Ariel to be exact. The output was the same in both programs, only the gaps were in different places. No, the was not an imported graphic or imported text. Again, created from scratch in each.

try posting the actual vector file you are using to cut with. there will be someone here that can take a look at it and will either fix it, or point you in the right direction.

The site won't allow me to post .wpc (winpcsign) or .sbd (signblazer) files, so I can't post the files in question.  :-

If it was text created in SignBlazer, then it is not a problem with the file. Try another USB cable.

yeah another cable might help.Something is definately wrong. Arial font should have nice straight lines,sharp edges and corners. That actually looks like what the refine cuts when the carriage is off track. But I hear that can't happen with the p-cut.

Souless, Export it out of winsign in a eps format, save it, say in my documents, then you can up load it.

mark-s

Ken,

I've tried it on a different computer, with a different USB cable, and the results are the same. This is the same PCUT cutter I had to return to you within the first month because it stopped working all together. Remember the vinyl moved but the cutter blade never lowered? You sent it back and I told you when we received it that it wasn't cutting right. I'm sending you another email with a jpg of the cut on my computer with the cable that came with the cutter, and on the new computer with a new usb cable, side by side so you can compare them. Where to now?

Got the file you sent me, and will try and recreate the issue here......will keep you posted.

I looked at the posted image.

It is horrible.

It is the worse cut vinyl i have ever seen.

It appears you may have the wrong offset in your cutter setup.

It should be 0.3 for a PCut.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Ok I had this same problem before .....this is what I did ..I thought that it was the file...then the cable...then (OMG what is going on here that I cannot get this to work !!)     It looks like to me that everytime that your blade lifts up that it is having a problem coming down when the computer tells it too .....This is what I did ....back up on your blade a lil bit and apply more force on your plotter ...I found out that mine was (HANGING) a lil bit .. I backed up on my blade and applied more force and voila it worked perfect ! !!

Hope this helps

BEARDOWN

That doesn't even resemble and ariel font.  Too much offset can make fonts look funky like that (been there done that)  but that doesn't explain the gaps.  I wouldn't suspect the file but without seeing the vector, you never know.  My bet would be a setting in Signblazer or Beardown's explaination.

You might also make sure the blade slides smoothly in and out of the blade holder.  Some of us have had to clean and lube the shaft of the blade.

On edit, I see you tried signblazer and winsignpc.  Unless you have the same setting wrong in both programs then you probably need to be looking at the plotter as the culprit.

I cut the file you sent me without issues on a PCut 36". Uninstall SignBlazer and reinstall it. DO NOT change any settings other than which cutter you are using and the model, and which communication port it is using. Leave everything else alone. Try and cut the file.

Let me know...

;D

The site won't allow me to post .wpc (winpcsign) or .sbd (signblazer) files, so I can't post the files in question.  :-

zip it. attach it.

It looks like an offset issue. I had the same exact problem. All my font or graphics was a lil distorbed and the cutting path was not complete. Its seems that we are a lot of ppl having this issue. Try many different Offset values, from 0.010 to 0.035. 0.015 works perfect for me.. now all my font, even small and thin, are straight and perfectly cutted. The junction between the starting and ending point is flush!