Guest YHC

Would this make a good logo and business card?

Guest YHC

I have been playing with different designs for a few months now. I just can't seem to please myself. So I thought I would share what I think I like so far.

Please provide any feedback good or bad. If your board and want to provide Ideas feel free as I'm not 100% set on this yet. When I get something set I'm going to design my website around it as I just have a basic template on it now. So please don't base your ideas around it.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is the business card layout:

post-0-12986552959827_thumb.gif

post-0-12986552973678_thumb.gif

I think it is difficult to read.

I like the design for a promotional shirt or something.

Guest YHC

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep trying and will post my next draft :thumbsup:

Yeah, dont give up. Maybe you can keep the style, but make it a little easier to read. Maybe another font?

Oh, and remember, you want your logo to be able to print/look good in screenprinting, vinyl, newspaper, small, big, and even in one color. Keep that in mind.

I know how hard it is to design for yourself.

i suck at design, but just thinking aloud here...

afa making it easier to read, what about making the text red and the wings, or whatever they are, dark grey.

Maybe reverse the images and move them closer to the edges.  There's too much going on in the center (hard to read), and too much openness (blank) next to it. 

Just my 2 cents

Guest YHC

Ok, Here is another BC idea. I designed it in black and white to make sure it looks good in one color.

Again, thanks for your feedback  :huh:

post-0-12986553018259_thumb.gif

post-0-12986553034682_thumb.gif

Ok that one is much easier to read. I like it and I think you can develop that one into a great looking bc.

Advice, you might want to leave at least 3/16" around the bc. Thats a safe imprint area.

Business cards measure 3.5" x 2" and I always leave 3/16" around then I place everything inside that.

Hey Leigh

I like the header of your site, nice, clean, looks good. You could easily use that as a template for your business cards. Make a full color bc that resembles your site.

What do you think?  :huh:

Guest YHC

Thanks Joe,

You can't tell with that pic but I used the Illi BC Template that have the safe zone lines your talking about.

I think I can do some interesting things with the LD&S Box as far as colors go. I'm getting ready to play with it some more tonight. I'm fighting my inner child right now which is way I'm having a hard time with the designs. Apart of me wants something that looks cool and that would make a good decal. Then the boring mature side says to have a more professional look :huh:

Guest YHC

Hey Leigh

I like the header of your site, nice, clean, looks good. You could easily use that as a template for your business cards. Make a full color bc that resembles your site.

What do you think?  :huh:

Really? I thought is looked kind of plain. I made that in like 20mins lol. I'm just to hard to please when it comes to me doing it. My problem is that I am tired of the design before I get them done lol

Thanks Joe,

You can't tell with that pic but I used the Illi BC Template that have the safe zone lines your talking about.

I think I can do some interesting things with the LD&S Box as far as colors go. I'm getting ready to play with it some more tonight. I'm fighting my inner child right now which is way I'm having a hard time with the designs. Apart of me wants something that looks cool and that would make a good decal. Then the boring mature side says to have a more professional look :thumbsup:

Oh ok  :huh:

Good luck then. You can contact me anytime if you need help. I worked in a printshop for 4 years and I did a lot of bcs. Keep up the good job.

Hey Leigh

What do you think?  :thumbsup:

Really? I thought is looked kind of plain. I made that in like 20mins lol. I'm just to hard to please when it comes to me doing it. My problem is that I am tired of the design before I get them done lol

I know what you mean. I have a hard time when it comes to designing for myself too.

I meant the background you used could make a nice background for the business cards.

G:DVR Backuppicturesmidcards2.jpg

My suggestion is find a good balance between what you want the message, white space and style.  The buisness card is your most basic and most important ad that you hand out. There is nothing wrong with a black and white card if it gets your message across.  Also dont forget to use the back of the card.  Again more ad space that most of us forget about put a website link on the back with a portfolio of your work or a promo offer and when you hand the card to someone show that side first then let them know your info is on the other side.  Dont hand it to them until your done showing the card, since this does 2 thing, builds a relationship with that customer and gives them a chance to ask any questions or make a "small" commitment to a purchase.  Just a very useful trick i learned in the car buisness.

There are some great books on layout and logo design. One of the first books i read was Logo Design For Small Business by Dan Antonelli. He's a heavy hitter in the world of logo design and has some great insight. http://www.signshopmarketing.com/printdesignportfolio/index.htm

go to that link it's one of his websites. you can take a look at his portfolio and get an idea of how to layout your logo.

Really take time and make sure the color and copy are balanced well and are easy to read.

here is a link to his book.

http://www.amazon.com/Logo-Design-Small-Business-Antonelli/dp/0918399173

He has 2 but the knowlege in just one will get you well on your way.

Actually, now that it's on my mind, I'm going to order the second one.

Well worth the $25 or cheaper you'll find on amazon

Trevor

Guest YHC

Thanks for the info Foghorn :huh:

Thanks for the info Foghorn :huh:

My offer still stands  :huh:

Guest YHC

Hey Rick

Had a few minutes, fooled around with your card. This is what I came up with. If you like any of it let me know, I can upload the file and/or make any changes you want.

Thanks for taking a stab at it. I think I have something I'm going to use for now and adjust as my business grows.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help ;D