Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey06

From a USCutter to a Graphtec...

I've been making some money lately and almost have enough cash built up to buy a new cutter. Now, I really don't need one but everyone talks how much better the Graphtec is (working with it, cutting quality, etc). I was wanting to hear from members who have started out with a MH series cutter and bought the Graphtec. How do you like it? Happy with your decision?

Guest fivestar

Just buy it, you'll never look back.  I went from 2 Refines to a Graphtec and it's like cutting a tomato with a butter knife to cutting a tomato with a ginsu knife.

i got a small graphtec i will sell ya

for started look at the amount of posts in refine problems about 33 pages of posts  and graphtec problems about 3 pages of posts

you will love it

if your interested in cutter email me - its about 6 months old we went with a bigger one its still a graphtec

If it isn't broke don't fix it. Simple as that, you can always upgrade if something happens to your cutter. If it's fine now then don't worry about getting another.

I went from the laser point to the Graphtec CE5000 and it is night and day different!  :thumbsup:

Went from P-cut to refine to copam to Graphtec and the graphtec is the mercedes of the cutters!  You will never regret that purchase

Guest fivestar

If it isn't broke don't fix it. Simple as that, you can always upgrade if something happens to your cutter. If it's fine now then don't worry about getting another.

You really don't think like a business person.

Guest sciondrgn

Nothing was wrong with my Pcut after 3 years but I still upgraded and SO glad I did  :thumbsup: I love my graphtec

the OP also stated in another post that he had tracking problems with his Refine cutter,  The Graphtec tracks great.  I fully recommend the Graphtec,  I went from a cheaper Chinese cutter with a stepper motor to a Graphtec.  and would purchase another Graphtec first, before buying another cutter. I do alot of stripes, so it is great to not have to worry about them not being straight,  Perfect cuts the first time.

In the past 6 months I have had 4 braphtecs in house and all were amazing - the fc4100 was an older unit but I loved cutting with it.  would snag another in a heart beat.  I also see that someone has a ce3000=60mk2 in the sell section that is in essence the ce5000 in a blue case and a clamp holder for the blade (not a bad thing IMO)  the difference in the CE-3000 to the CE3000MK2 is the addition of the auto registration

Excuse me? I don't think like a business person? Of course i am, I would rather invest into the business in generating more sales than another machine if the current one was fine.

How do you hold your statement that i don't think like a business person? I have had a off brand cutter for 5 years with ZERO problems with it. If it's not broke why would you upgrade, to say "oh i have a name brand plotter"?

Say you buy a graphtec or other name brand machine, now what? Your capable of the exact same things as with the cheaper machine. Now me getting another machine being my print/cutter was to expand my service list.

If tracking is your only issue, i would troubleshoot the rollers, drums and alignment. The only time tracking would be a issue would be if your doing stripes IMO

Weeding and small graphics are noticeably better with the Graphtec = more productive and time better spent

Guest fivestar

Excuse me? I don't think like a business person? Of course i am, I would rather invest into the business in generating more sales than another machine if the current one was fine.

How do you hold your statement that i don't think like a business person? I have had a off brand cutter for 5 years with ZERO problems with it. If it's not broke why would you upgrade, to say "oh i have a name brand plotter"?

Say you buy a graphtec or other name brand machine, now what? Your capable of the exact same things as with the cheaper machine. Now me getting another machine being my print/cutter was to expand my service list.

If tracking is your only issue, i would troubleshoot the rollers, drums and alignment. The only time tracking would be a issue would be if your doing stripes IMO

You keep thinking like that and you'll keep begging us for our scraps as you did a few months ago. 

Weeding and small graphics are noticeably better with the Graphtec = more productive and time better spent

BINGO.....whenever you can increase your productivity than you increase your profit. 

I have a refine...saving hard for a graphtech but don't know, I might go for a green monster first(zencut green).  I would probably regret it...but dang I'm cheap sometimes LOL.

Definately need to upgrade though, I want to see what I can do with a nicer machine....I think I am pretty much at the limit of what a refine can pull of...and I push it dailey with small stuff.

You keep thinking like that and you'll keep begging us for our scraps as you did a few months ago.  

Haha, I love how you reference my posting about me having some issues at one point with generating sales. I forgot that the high and mighty fivestar with his graphtec has never seen bad times.

I guess it's the whole you have a 54" Roland and i have a 30" deal but that's ok, feel high and mighty, you will get your day of slow sales.

Keep posting about me, It's giving me some humor at the end of the day.  :thumbsup:

I've been waiting over 4 years for an excuse to buy a high-end cutter. When I find something in my business that my current cutters won't do,I'll upgrade. I just can't justify the expense. I don't do tiny little cuts..I am a sign maker.If I wanted to do tiny little cuts and decals, I'd buy a craft robo. Like Guest said(and it pains me to agree)..unless you think you need a better cutter..why buy one?

Guest fivestar

Haha, you have to be the biggest joke on this forum. I love how you reference my posting about me having some issues at one point with generating sales.

I guess it's the whole you have a 54" Roland and i have a 30" deal but that's ok, feel high and mighty, you will get your day of slow sales.

I could honestly care less what size printer you have.  As for me getting slow, you wouldn't want to bet your 30" cutter on that would you?  You see I know how to diversify, my business is set up when one thing gets slow another part of my business kicks in, maybe one of these days you will figure that out.  

As for me being the biggest joke on the forum, I hope you're correct but unfortunely I think you're incorrect.

Guest fivestar

I've been waiting over 4 years for an excuse to buy a high-end cutter. When I find something in my business that my current cutters won't do,I'll upgrade. I just can't justify the expense. I don't do tiny little cuts..I am a sign maker.If I wanted to do tiny little cuts and decals, I'd buy a craft robo. Like Guest said(and it pains me to agree)..unless you think you need a better cutter..why buy one?

John you ever make it up to Ohio, stop by my place and I'll show you a couple reasons why a "brand name" cutter is better to have.  You just have to witness it to see the advantages.  I'm not knocking the Pcut, or "old" Refines, hell I have one sitting in my store for doing nothing but strickly magnets, but that's all I use it for anymore.  Those machines made me a hellva lot of $$$$$$, but once you use a "brand name" there's no comparison between them.

Oh here's one advantage, http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,27135.0/topicseen.html

Haha, you have to be the biggest joke on this forum. I love how you reference my posting about me having some issues at one point with generating sales.

I could honestly care less what size printer you have.  As for me getting slow, you wouldn't want to bet your 30" cutter on that would you?  You see I know how to diversify, my business is set up when one thing gets slow another part of my business kicks in, maybe one of these days you will figure that out.  

As for me being the biggest joke on the forum, I hope you're correct but unfortunely I think you're incorrect.

To me, you are a joke for the postings you make towards what i post.

Why would i bet my 30" on something you cannot prove? You can't tell me you will and have never been slow in sales. Or maybe, your just a "five star" business who is the talk to the town.  :thumbsup:

BannerJohn, Why would it pain you to agree with me? Here we go again...

Guest fivestar

Or maybe, your just a "five star" business who is the talk to the town.  :thumbsup:

That was my last business "Five Star Video Plus"........but I would say I am "the talk of the town" when it comes to computer repair and t-shirts, that you can "take to the bank".  Anyways, I'm done with this argument.

I hope you make a lot of money and I really do mean that.

Or maybe, your just a "five star" business who is the talk to the town.  :thumbsup:

That was my last business "Five Star Video Plus"........but I would say I am "the talk of the town" when it comes to computer repair and t-shirts, that you can "take to the bank".  Anyways, I'm done with this argument.

I hope you make a lot of money and I really do mean that.

In all honestly, I HATE arguing, i just want to run my shop as i do and be successful by supporting myself and my family. I respect everyone on here but i just don't appreciate how i make a post when times were tough for a month or two and now i can't hear the end of it now that things are GREAT again.

I guess I'm one of the latest member here to have upgraded from a Refine to a Graphtec. It's night and day... The Refine was on its way out though, and I had always managed to get it to do what I need it... but only after using the Graphtec did I realize that the time I spent lining up the vinyl to get it to track properly, and how I have to split up large complicated graphics into several cuttable files so that the cutter won't freeze in the middle of a cut... I'd say the money on the Graphtec was well spent!

You don't have to buy it new... I got mine used and paid only a little over 1/2 of what a new one costs, and they sent me a new blade holder, new blade, and new cutting strip along with it too.

It pains me to agree with anyone after the sun goes down.

Five...is that an invitation? Are meals included? Can I bring the dog? Is your spare room close to a bathroom or should I bring my hospital urinal?

I'll just keep cutting away with my Seiki,Refine,and Pcut. If I had money to spare, I'd buy a set of DW drums instead of the no-name kit I have.

I think I'll go to bed and let you guys duke it out. If it gets nasty,somebody PM me.

Guest fivestar

I guess I'm one of the latest member here to have upgraded from a Refine to a Graphtec. It's night and day... The Refine was on its way out though, and I had always managed to get it to do what I need it... but only after using the Graphtec did I realize that the time I spent lining up the vinyl to get it to track properly, and how I have to split up large complicated graphics into several cuttable files so that the cutter won't freeze in the middle of a cut... I'd say the money on the Graphtec was well spent!

You don't have to buy it new... I got mine used and paid only a little over 1/2 of what a new one costs, and they sent me a new blade holder, new blade, and new cutting strip along with it too.

BINGO again......great response.

Five...is that an invitation? Are meals included? Can I bring the dog? Is your spare room close to a bathroom or should I bring my hospital urinal?

I'll just keep cutting away with my Seiki,Refine,and Pcut. If I had money to spare, I'd buy a set of DW drums instead of the no-name kit I have.

I think I'll go to bed and let you guys duke it out. If it gets nasty,somebody PM me.

John you're always welcome to come up.  As for the meals, yes they are included unless you're like Neron and grab the check at the restraunt and demand you're paying.  :thumbsup::huh:;D and the bathroom is right beside the spare room.  The dog....well I'd say that would be OK, I've got 2 dogs that I'm sure they'd get along.

No duking it out........we "kissed and made up"...... ;D ;D ;D G'night

BINGO again......great response.

John you're always welcome to come up.  As for the meals, yes they are included unless you're like Neron and grab the check at the restraunt and demand you're paying.  :thumbsup::huh:;D and the bathroom is right beside the spare room.  The dog....well I'd say that would be OK, I've got 2 dogs that I'm sure they'd get along.

No duking it out........we "kissed and made up"...... ;D ;D ;D G'night

Darn...and just when I get the popcorn done too....now what am I gonna do.

Oh yeah...got 20 decals to get cut.......