Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

News Flash" as it stands right now UsCutter won't be carrying the Pcut machines

per Ninja  "as it stands right now UsCutter won't be carrying the Pcut machines any longer"

Bummer - they have performed better than the refines lately!

maybe that means more of the cheaper GCC, Seiki, Redsail, etc cutters are on the way.

Guest kenya

I guess that means no parts in the future from them.  :thumbsup:

per Ninja  "as it stands right now UsCutter won't be carrying the Pcut machines any longer"

Bummer - they have performed better than the refines lately!

not just lately, but for some time. I hate to hear it. But I had a feeling something was up. Not that anybody at USC ever tells me anything.

I traded my PCut for a GCC and the GCC is a way better machine.

I traded my PCut for a GCC and the GCC is a way better machine.

yeah, I've heard that too

I'm sure it depends on which model machine you get though.

Well I hope they continue to carry parts..the only other places I've found for parts is SKY HIGH.Example: Stand: $179, Extra Pinch Roller $45.

I'll try and find out what I can but lips seem to be tight at USC on this.

EDIT: I have just been informed that USC has been stocking up on parts so getting parts should not be a problem for a long time.

The Gcc is more expensive though this leaves a big hole in the lower end machines - p-cuts have been solid performers

The Gcc is more expensive though this leaves a big hole in the lower end machines - p-cuts have been solid performers

GCC makes a low-end machine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GCC-Ex-24-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-with-Stand-Sign-Cutting_W0QQitemZ280470297445QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414d551b65

right in the same price range as the pcut.

Guest kenya

Well I hope they continue to carry parts..the only other places I've found for parts is SKY HIGH.Example: Stand: $179, Extra Pinch Roller $45.

I'll try and find out what I can but lips seem to be tight at USC on this.

EDIT: I have just been informed that USC has been stocking up on parts so getting parts should not be a problem for a long time.

Glad to hear that.... I plan on keeping my pcut for a nice backup. :thumbsup:

GCC makes a low-end machine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GCC-Ex-24-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-with-Stand-Sign-Cutting_W0QQitemZ280470297445QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414d551b65

right in the same price range as the pcut.

Thats still a little higher than the pcut has sold but maybe if they buy in the big quantity they do!

buying direct from the USC website, the Pcut was $399. Still is, unless they have pulled the listing in the last hour or so.

Guest manwayvan

Well I am glad to hear that they will have a supply of parts available for atleast a period of time..On that note has anyone has an issue with their PCUT cutting strip not fitting the machine ( too small ) and will not stay in place..This is a sad time as mentioned the Pcut is a solid machine for the price range of entry cutters.

My p-cut paid for my 50" refine and copam - it was a great machine after we got the exploding power supply out of the way!  That WILL get your attention at 2:00am in a quite house while working in the basement. but after that it was a great starter

Well I am glad to hear that they will have a supply of parts available for atleast a period of time..On that note has anyone has an issue with their PCUT cutting strip not fitting the machine ( too small ) and will not stay in place..This is a sad time as mentioned the Pcut is a solid machine for the price range of entry cutters.

the only place the blade will come in contact with the cutting strip is dead center. Use some double sided tape..you can get it at any office supply,and stick it down,making sure it is centered. It will work fine.(banner hem tape is even better if you have some.That stuff sticks like grim death.

What about the laserpoint? Will USCutter continue to sell them? They are both made by Creation.

good question. The laserpoint is made by Creation, so I would expect the laserpoint to be affected too. I could be wrong.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks Banner..Hopefully they will figure something out soon or atleast an alternative cutter/contour system available under 500.00..I guess it's time to start a piggy bank for a new cutter.

buying direct from the USC website, the Pcut was $399. Still is, unless they have pulled the listing in the last hour or so.

actually I looked last night, and the only one is the large one..  It shows $399. but click on it, this is all that is actually for sale

48'' With Stand (Old Colors - Not Pictured - Sale!) [+$150.00]  at $549.99

Ya'll have it pretty much figured out. Both of those lines are heading the way of the dinosaur. We still have the LaserPoint in stock, however, only refurb Pcuts remain. We will continue to offer complete service and support on both models.

well, my point was that $399 is the same as the GCC ex24. So, not a lot of difference except for the excellent reputation that GCC has

Ya'll have it pretty much figured out. Both of those lines are heading the way of the dinosaur. We still have the LaserPoint in stock, however, only refurb Pcuts remain. We will continue to offer complete service and support on both models.

thanks for clearing it up.