Guest manwayvan

So I might have the opporunity to purchase a printer..Yeppy

Guest manwayvan

Thats what i was thinkin james was gonna offer 10k and come get it but they just called and said it would take 35000 and I would get the clients..lol Unless there leavin off a year's worth of salary or something huge there is no way

Guest manwayvan

lol I could pay off my house and my jeep for that kind of cash..oh well ya win some ya loose some but thanks again for the info. Guess Ill try to learn the heatpressin and the contour cutting and save up some dolla bills and just buy a new one

Good choice...wait for a better deal. $35K better come with some big profit guarentees.  $4k is the very most all of that is worth.

I bought my 42" 5500ps uv for $650. Nice printer for the money, but limited in capability

I just missed a 48 inch PrismJet, 3 or 4 rolls of wrap media, some clear stuff, some software?? new set of inks.  $500.00  Just couldn't get up there in time. Suck!

Guest manwayvan

Ahh man that sucks..I have seen a few different printers on ebay but I have no clue what to look for.

Guest manwayvan

What ya think about this thing

Epson Stylus Pro 9880 - 44'' Large Format Printer

The New Epson Stylus Pro 9880 incorporates a complete arsenal of new technologies including 8-Channel, drop-on demand print heads & ink repellent coating technology in their latest micro-piezo print heads (this means fewer clogs, less maintenance, & more production)! This versatile new model is also compatible with our bulk inks, transfer inks, and our DYE SUB inks!!!

Price : US$4,995.00

Looks like it's MSRP for the Epson... still waterbased so supplies are going to be expensive compared to solvent/eco-solvent.

My other half obviously had... and said it costs $25k for the 42" but he said it's a good printer, just not at the right price.

When buying a printer there are a few things to keep in mind. there are some good prices out there for the 30 & 48" machines but you need to research and see if once you buy it can you find materials to run in it.

Alot of the manufactures are getting away from 30 & 48" material or it is very limited.

Second what do you want to do with the printer over the next 3-5 years. Will your business grow using a printer verses cutting vinyl? The answer is very much YES. So you want to buy a machine that will grow with your business. Don't get locked into a smaller machine right now then only to have customers start asking for 54" banners.

As it has already been stated you can get a new machine for a lot less in the long run than buying someone elses headaches

Just a few thoughts.

Garry