BannerJohn

My helper

My mom...87 years old, works for .10 cents an hour plus meals.

What a deal!

post-249-12986550112699_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986550126191_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

That's great John that your mother can help you.  I'd give her a raise if I was you.  :o:D:o

That brings back memories of my mom helping me cater a luncheon a few years back.  It was really fun being around her and having her help me.  My mother is 88 next month and am glad she is still fairly active, although she has declined to help me cater anymore.  I wonder if she would be willing to do some weeding.

Gary

If she's like my mom, she will. Mom loves it. She gets bored and it gives her something to do. Good for the old brain too.

I'd give her a raise, Five, but she's afraid it would put her into a higher income tax bracket.

LOL John, sure looks like your mom gets into her work!! Bless her heart!!

No way... I don't want to spoil her. If I hug her once she will expect it all the time. IF she remembered to.

Guest kenya

That is such a wonderful photo John.

What a great helper you have !

I've wanted to get my 84 y.o. mother to weed, but she can't see well enough.

But she loves to sit & chat while I work. :D

Guest Terry

No way... I don't want to spoil her. If I hug her once she will expect it all the time. IF she remembered to.

Well atleast you don't put her in basement with you working, that was nice of ya.  :D

Why do you think I work in the basement? She doesn't like climbing down the stairs.

one of these days I'll post a video of her bowling. That will give you a laugh.

damn, i can't even get my girlfriend to help me weed vinyl anymore...way to go on getting Mom involved!

bless her soul.....here's my little helper, 7 year old daughter.....she can't get enough of this stuff!!!

post-4453-12986550420913_thumb.jpg

post-4453-12986550432849_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I told her I would give her a raise......she said....you mean you're going to actually pay me??....about time......  My wife and I couldn't stop laughing.

Be careful, she'll be asking for health and dental before long. She is a cute girl.

Thanks, she's my pride and joy! We've had our times with this one, She has cystic fibrosis and needs a Lung transplant.  We are going to St. Louis in 3 weeks for another evaluation. They won't do it until her FEV1 reaches a certain point.  Right now she's at 58 normal is 95 to 100. She's something else, always concerned about everyone else....just a trooper.  Here's a picture of her doing breathing treatments while weeding.

post-4453-12986550462694_thumb.jpg

post-4453-12986550473572_thumb.jpg

What a wonderful & cute daughter you have!  By the looks of the second picture, she drops everything when she walks in the door to help weed!  :thumbsup:  That is just to sweet, thanks for sharing this.  I'm wishing  you all success with her upcoming surgery.  I can imagine how scary it must be at times...I have 4 children and they never let my nerves rest for long...lol

It just goes to show, no matter the age, someone is willing to weed vinyl!  :thumbsup:

We have a teacher that comes to the house 3x a week, because her health is so compromised we had to take her out of school last October.  The Backpack on the floor is actually an IV pump that we have to carry around...funny though, she doesn't seem to mind all the things she goes through on a daily basis.  She likes doing the "Vest".  She will sing while the vest vibrates, I'll have to find the video and put it up.

Thanks everyone for all the concern and comments.