Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Bought a book off eBay last night...

and I get an email this morning offering to receive 5 stars from the seller.

"hello, I just seen you bought a book from me , and wow what a good one, and what a good price:), lol anyhow I guess you paid for it last night? but I have it all ready to leave here to go to you:) wanted to thank you, pleaseee asap you get it leave me a 5 star 100 % positive feedback and I will do same:) again, thanks..."

I get my great rating if I leave them a great rating, hell I thought I did everything on my end.

Funny this morning  LOL

Don't leave them feedback until you recieve your item,    Paypal has inacted a 21 day holding of sellers money on NEW accounts and bad accounts.  So once the buyer is satisfied and leaves postive feedback or can show the item was delivered,  then their money will be released to them.    So wait until you receive your item,  

what he is doing is begging you for 5 stars...because teh way Ebay is now, small sellers can be suspended if they don't keep their DSRs up. He did say: 'pleaseee asap you get it

I think it's so screwed up that 99% of the businesses won't leave their customers a positive feedback until you leave them a positive feedback... that's not how the system was designed to be used.

I always leave feedback as a seller as soon as I receive the money and still only get less than 25 percent of buyers leaving feedback  with the new system

I think it's so screwed up that 99% of the businesses won't leave their customers a positive feedback until you leave them a positive feedback... that's not how the system was designed to be used.

I always leave feedback as a seller as soon as I receive the money and still only get less than 25 percent of buyers leaving feedback  with the new system

the system seems be be just bragging rights. and who is better than the other guy

Wow...25%  I would have thought it to be much higher.  I always leave feedback (as a buyer), it's not that difficult, is it?  What has changed with the new "system"?  I buy from ebay infrequently..

New system S@#$ since it is so one way now, the only thing a seller CAN do is leave postive or no feedback.  So even if a buyer is difficult and or does not pay, not much a seller can do to warn other sellers.  They can contact ebay to put a strike against them but that will not warn other sellers about a bad buyer.  Myself since feedback does not matter i always leave feedback as soon as they pay since it does not matter they will leave what they leave for you and nothing you can do about it anyway...

Feedback was suppose to be a 2 way street if the experience was good for both the buy and seller then postive feedback was left, now a seller does not really have much of  a choice postive or nothing that is all...

Ok, I have heard that before.  Just another reason ebay sucks.

Some friends of mine went to an "internet marketing" seminar the other day and came back floating high as a kite..  Going to drop-ship all kinds of crap, sell via ebay and their own site, SEO, etc.  It pained me to have to bring them back down to earth a bit..

The system was designed so that you could leave feedback for anybody, for any reason even if you weren't involved with them in a transaction.  That changed years ago.  Now if a buyer refuses to pay you, reverses a credit card payment, sends a counterfeit payment, or is a major PITA, a seller has two choices, Positive or Nothing. That's really not the way the system was designed.