Sign in to follow this  
wijames

Which cutter to buy?

I really need some help here. My old Roland Stika has died and I'm looking for a new cutter. I'm a hobbiest and cut mostly license plates, golf cart designs, mail box letters,etc. I really don't do anything fancy, maybe a two collor design on occasion. I'd like a bigger cutter then my 12" so, which cutter would be the best choice for me?

for what you do, I suggest either the Refine mh721 or the 24" PCut...depending on your budget. I personally would go with the PCut, though it's a little more expensive.

for what you do, I suggest either the Refine mh721 or the 24" PCut...depending on your budget. I personally would go with the PCut, though it's a little more expensive.

+1

I really like my 24" PCut.  Once you get some goofy little settings correct, it is awesome.  Like you, I am a small beans guy, this is great for working out of your basement. 

It's a little newer design - they both do the same thing.  there has been an issue with the refines in certain areas with wavy lines that we think are from electrical interference.  1 member finally went to a copam to get away from it in a particularly bad area.  I personally used both with success and used then profits to move up the food chain to the grapthec

Now that I have a pCut to test...it just seems to be more solid. Better construction. The cutting itself is much more quiet than the refine, but the fan is kinda loud.

Now that I have a pCut to test...it just seems to be more solid. Better construction. The cutting itself is much more quiet than the refine, but the fan is kinda loud.

true that - it is quieter!  seems the more expensive they get the quieter they get also

p-cut is not that much more than a refine though

I have done some small detailed stuff with my p-cut and cut very nice just slowed down the speed and tweaked the offset a little raising on very small text but if i took the time and tweaked a little more would probably been better

Dan