MaderDesign

Finished Nelson Construction Doors

I like it a lot.  Give guys like me (creatively challenged) some ideas and thoughts.  I am so bad with creativity, that it took well over 3 hours just to come up with my own RPM logo ;D

Guest kenya

Very nice job mader.  ;D ;D

Looks great & you charged a fair price.

So now, I get an email from the "wife" saying that they looked it over, but they don't want to move the graphic to the back doors, rather, they would like to remove the "Silverado" from the door and make the image a little bit smaller so that the phone number will fit underneath the graphic. But in the email she says, "can you tell us how to remove the Silverado from the door. I'm sure I'll just remove it myself. I told her to figure out where she wanted this graphic so that we didn't have to "redo" this again. This time will be free, but next time I'm charging. People kill me.

So now, I get an email from the "wife" saying that they looked it over, but they don't want to move the graphic to the back doors, rather, they would like to remove the "Silverado" from the door and make the image a little bit smaller so that the phone number will fit underneath the graphic. But in the email she says, "can you tell us how to remove the Silverado from the door. I'm sure I'll just remove it myself. I told her to figure out where she wanted this graphic so that we didn't have to "redo" this again. This time will be free, but next time I'm charging. People kill me.

I read an article about using fish line to cut the adhesive  behind the silverado - then finish removing the adhesive.  I would think just a little heat would holt to take it off

Heck if i would do it for free but for the amount you got for the entire job, it won't be too big of a deal though.

Gotta love customers wives lol

Guest Schramm

Just a couple of things:

First your work on the logo design is very very nice - I know it has been mentioned but the first thing I looked for was the phone number and it wasnt there.  Next I have to agree with the wife on this as the sticker looks a little large for the area and would look better on the back door.  Now saying that I do not do lettering but if I was to do something like this, I would design there logo, then place it on there truck in Corel or Photoshop, print it and get a signature for approval.  At that point they get to see there logo placed where they want it the first time.  Since you made $1100 on this I would think you could accomidate them in printing 2 more ($25), removing the others and making them happy but I would show them the placement first.  Just a thought but nice job!

feedback is great guys, thanks for it all.

The initial design was "approved" and signed the invoice; copies in my hand. I shown her a mockup of where the image will be placed and sizing. I have 100% to scale outlines of all cars/trucks/suv's/etc and placed the image to show her where it would be and size. She "loved it". After finishing it is when she began to change her mind.

I'm just going to reprint them smaller. I'm going to remove the Silverado by using a heat gun that will soften the glue and should either be able to a. just pull them off b. fishing line to cut the glue and use an adhesive remover then cleaner to prep the area. Like i mentioned before, the phone number will be put on, he had something come up that didn't allow me to finish the job. I'll lose a little money, but not much, but in the end the customer will be happier and more likely to tell others how much I worked with them to make everything right.

Looks good Mader. Has very nice appealing colors to it.

I too am designing a logo for my sisters work truck. They have a dodge ram with an extended cab, and I am debating on whether to put it on the front door or the back door.  That Ram lettering is messing it all up. Makes it seem overcrowded and too "busy" on the panel.  They probably won't let me take them off. Will post my design picture soon and see what you guys think....

post-6393-12986549945495_thumb.jpg

post-6393-12986549953796_thumb.jpg

In my area, there is a trend to put a smaller (aprox. 6") logo under the mirror and call it good.  I kind of like it.  Very simple.  Bigger is not always better.

preston, i agree, sometimes bigger doesn't mean better. But with them allowing me to remove the Silverado it will free up some much needed space. So i'm going to print it smaller and it should work a bit better.

heat and then use fishing line or floss and you can get behind those letters very easily, it will leave the double stick tape behind it but its nothing a fingernail and some goo-gone doesnt take care of... glad they are letting you take them off, sucks they changed their mind when its done...

Looks good Mader. Has very nice appealing colors to it.

I too am designing a logo for my sisters work truck. They have a dodge ram with an extended cab, and I am debating on whether to put it on the front door or the back door.  That Ram lettering is messing it all up. Makes it seem overcrowded and too "busy" on the panel.  They probably won't let me take them off. Will post my design picture soon and see what you guys think....

Add a gap to the design and put the Four DM above the ram 1500 and the rest below - with the different colors I think it will look ok tying them in together by color the chrome logo won't be that distracting and it will allow you to make the contact info larger