Truckntran

Burrito Shop SIgn..

Here's a sign I just finished today for a friends Burrito Shop.. They were gonna put up a stenciled sptay painted homemade concoction but I convinced them not to.. It is on a sign board they had out back, all Avery vinyl, reflective behind the top section so it can be seen in the wee hours when they open.. Dimensions are 2 by 3 feet.

2696530660037238516S425x425Q85.jpg

I am trading it for some post hole digging, as I am not really set up for retail sales anyhow....What would this sign cost if it was a retail job? I used about 6 yards of standard vinyl and 2 of reflective...and a LOT of transfer tape.

Also the punchout function in the Trial signblazer I was using did not produce exactly matching cutout s in the reflective to the red letters I inserted...Is this something inherent in the program or is myu Graphtec showing its age? I was worried about the letters on top of reflective curling prematurely so I inserted them.. the lettering in the blue section is layered right over the blue. (and Open is reverse weeded in the red oval.._

ANy suggestions on how to do it better appreciated.

Looks good, couple things I'll nit pick though. If you read the times, there isn't any indication if it's pm or am. I know most people will say you just know but I think it looks a bit more professional. Also you have WeekdayS, Saturday, and SundayS. Why not use them all as plural or else drop the S from Sunday.

Sorry but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, just getting you to see things from a different point of view. Little things make a project.

Btw, you can't go off thesignexpert since you are using Reflective film, most the time they are more expensive than regular 651 vinyl. It all depends on your location and type of vinyl to use.

Thanks for the compliments, guys..

On the plural/ singular issue.. I'm a bit of a stickler for that stuff myself, but that is what they wanted.. I had a hard enough time convincing them to use the Omega panel instead of a big ol chunk of white polyethelyne truck bed liner they found..  :huh:

Of course this is in a town where most folks use spray paint on used truck hoods to make their own signs, if ya know what I mean..!

168 for a pair of signs or one? And with substrate or without?

The more I look at 'em, the more things I see to do different next time...

The signs look great.

I would not have spent the time insetting the letters like you mentioned. I would have done the entire background the white reflective then laid the red and blue on top.

In signblazer if you put your white text on top of the blue background then select them both you can use Arrange + Combine to turn the text into cutouts from the color below. This will allow the white reflective background to show through. (same with the OPEN in red)

This makes it fewer pieces to align and a lot easier and faster to make.

Jay

Looks Good and you do as the customer wants (There is a sign co. here that will argue with the customer about layout etc. and he has lost jobs because of it I have a sign in my oddice that says the customer is always right.)

Dan

Guest kenya

The signs are great.  :D

Layout is very nice and yes, you gotta please the customer.

Not sure where you are located, but in my neck of the woods that size of a sign, using reflective- even on the customer's substrate, my price would be $180 for both.