Sign in to follow this  
harmfulgraphics

1st Big Sticker

I think I'm going to like this printing thing.  4X8 foot decal going on an aluminum sheet.  Done for a shop right down the road from me and its my first job with the new machine!

Harm

Guest manwayvan

is that a Roland Versacamm? Great Work! I want one

what are we commenting on? the printer or design? If it's the printer then I'm def jealous as I wait to buy one. If it's the design then like I said it needs a lot of work.

I'm commenting to help, not hurt. Placement of the image and typeface conflict with each other. Did you design it or provided the image?

I sat with the guy and let him put it together.  Actually I had the text layed out differently as originally he wanted more on the sign.  It was my idea to blend the background color.  In the beginning it was all bright red.  He is very happy with it and that makes me happy (he paid for it).

The printer is very nice.  Taking me a few days to learn versaworks and such.  I still haven't been able to contour cut with it.  I've got corel draw coming in the mail.  Once that is here I think contour cutting will be easy as all the manual talks about is using versaworks with is corel draw and AI.

Maybe some day I can have you (Mader) make a design and I'll do the printing.

Harm

Harmful, any time! Just let me know. I'm always here to help and love to design stuff. Just let me know if you ever need something.

Also, with the contour cutting, make sure your using the Magenta (contour) cutting outline so when it's sent to Versaworks it recognizes it as the cut line. I'm sure Fivestar or James can help you more.