BannerJohn

anyone get this email?

Hello.

Am Kelvin Chris and will like to place an order regarding some

banners from your company to Singapore.I will really appreciate you

email me back with those that you carry in stock and their price

ranges,also your terms of payment as well.I will like to be one of

your honest customer and hope you answer to my request ASAP.Thank you

very much and waiting for your prompt responds.God Bless You.

Best Regard

Kelvin

I am going to ignore it....just wondering if anyone else got it?

In fact I just got this one!

Hello Sales

I want to make a purchase of Banners and find the artwork of the banner attach in the email.

I want the Banners to be as show on the  artwork, and I need 40 Banners and I want the same artwork on all of the banners, here is the size I need 3by8 with grommets,outdoor and on vinyl material.

Get back to me with the grand total excluding shipping, and I'll make payment to proceed with the Order,Also what is the surcharges for using Visa or master card for payment,do include your contact information as well.

Thank you and I'll be looking forward to hear favorably from you.

Best Regards

--

Mark Holland

Mine just came today...just wonering if everyone with a website got one. That is the only way he could have gotten my email.

Yep- seen similar posts about these bunk email requests on T-Shirt forums and elsewhere.

I have received similar type emails every time I've listed items on Craigslist.  I always ignore them.  I've done some research and found that what they're trying to do is get you to give them a price, then they'll send you a cashiers check.  However, the check will be for more than the price you gave them.  Example: you tell them $400.00, they make the check out for a $1,000.00.  They explain that it was a mistake and ask you to wire the balance ($600.00) back to them.  Of course, several days after you wire them the money, you find out the check they sent you is fraudulent.

Now, you might ask, what if I wait until my bank clears the check?  If it clears, then I'll send the money.

From Snopes.com:

"The scam works because the FDIC requires banks to make money from cashier

If you look in the business forum theres a running thread of all of us receiving these emails.

The one I received was for a Church Banner.

this should be stickied, or at least emeister's reply should, or something...

Ditto . . .funny I never see this type of criminal coming to prison!  Track them down and hold them accountable

this should be stickied, or at least emeister's reply should, or something...

Ditto . . .funny I never see this type of criminal coming to prison!  Track them down and hold them accountable

the problem is, most of them are in countries that could care less. I even heard once that there was some tiny island nation somewhere that actually got a cut from these scams.