MaderDesign

USCutter Ends Ebay Auction Early and Cancels all bids

Well I think we will see what happens, none of them have sold under 167.00 that I could see but I marked them all to be watched.

I remember when I won some blades it was like 3cents with free shipping something crazy like that but haven't seen that in a while either.

What you say is false.  We NEVER bid on our own items.  Please don't casual make accusations when they are untrue.

i know for a fact that they have multiple ebay accounts that they use sometimes to up the amount of the bids on stuff

Once again, I will reiterate.  USCutter will never bid on its own items.  We have a number of customers that are reselling our machines, and as such, you will see that our machines are purchased over and over again by the same bidders (though this is not usually the case).  Those who purchase and resell our machines typically have identified a maximum price, and they will consistently put in bids to reach that price (frequently towards the end of the auction).  Your speculation and further accusation of shill bidding is irresponsible and in poor judgement.  It is against eBay rules, and no volume seller would risk their standing with eBay by engaging in those practices.

In response to the issue originally identified in this forum, which is the cancellation of auctions:

It is not unusual for us to cancel auctions.  There are various reasons it happens.  Sometimes it is caused by identification of a listing error.  Sometimes we run out of stock.  In this case, we have someone who has recently taken over responsibility of listing auctions, and he probably made a mistake in scheduling.

eBay allows all sellers to cancel auctions as per standard terms.  It has nothing to do with USCutter being a volume seller.  More information is available here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

What prevents companies from gaming the system is that as per those terms, a seller cannot cancel an auction within 12 hours of the auction close.  When our auctions were cancelled, they were not within 12 hours of close.  To imply that you would have won the auction at $50 (just because it was that price when the auction was cancelled >12 before the official end) is wrong.  There are too many people looking at our auctions, and the auction would be bid up towards the end of the auction.  If an auction for a vinyl cutter did close at $50 legitimately, we would honor that price.

I use to be a power seller years ago and the last thing someone like us cutter would want would be to get caught doing anything wrong.  They would be suspended just like anyone else.  To think you would have won that cutter for fifty dollars was a fantasy.  Here is a completed search of the last 12" cutters and what they sold for.  Bidding on ebay always takes place within the last few minutes of auction 99% of the time.  Any time you are bidding on something do a completed search and that will let you know what you will be paying as you can see here.

Scrapbooking TShirts

FREE SHIPPING! Industrial duty in a small package

View similar active items | Sell one like this  13 BidsSold $153.51

Free shipping Jan-07 10:45

USCutter 12" Vinyl Cutter - Crafts Scrapbooking TShirts

View similar active items | Sell one like this  27 BidsSold $152.50

Free shipping Jan-06 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  7 BidsSold $167.50

Free shipping Jan-05 10:45

View similar active items | Sell one like this  18 BidsSold $157.50

Free shipping Jan-04 10:45

View similar active items | Sell one like this  18 BidsSold $150.01

Free shipping Jan-03 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  17 BidsSold $162.74

Free shipping Jan-02 10:45

View similar active items | Sell one like this  9 BidsSold $151.59

Free shipping Jan-01 10:45

View similar active items | Sell one like this  11 BidsSold $184.50

Free shipping Dec-31 10:45

View similar active items | Sell one like this  7 BidsSold $187.50

Free shipping Dec-30 10:45

View similar active items | Sell one like this  15 BidsSold $185.00

Free shipping Dec-29 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  19 BidsSold $182.50

Free shipping Dec-28 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  16 BidsSold $151.51

Free shipping Dec-27 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  11 BidsSold $154.03

Free shipping Dec-26 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  14 BidsSold $182.50

Free shipping Dec-25 10:46

View similar active items | Sell one like this  12 BidsSold $178.50

Free shipping Dec-24

I never said I was going to win it at $50. I simply stated that the bids were up to $50 and all of a sudden ripped out from underneath us.

Fantasy or not, you don't know how much it will go for until it ends. I never mentioned shill bidding I just wanted a response. I've spoke to others in private and they too have seen too many being listed then cancelled.

You both speak to me like i've never bought anything on ebay before. Just wanted answers.

Looks like you got them to me.  :huh:

Personally UScutter has never done me wrong, and I think they risk too much of their business to engage in practices they are being accused of. 

Mader, saying "you never know" doesn't apply in this case if you ask me.  There are alot of people watching, and seeing what the past 15 cutters had sold for would give you a good idea of what that one would go for.  Yeah it sucks the auction got cancelled, but everyone plays by the same ebay rules and if UScutter is within the rules, I don't see a problem with it.

My .02.

I have no idea why the auction was cancelled, or when it was. But I can see why someone would think what you thought when it happened. There are always two sides to every story. I'm sure USC woudn't risk being suspended over a lousy $100.

What I said about Ebay and small sellers was intended as a dig towards EBAY, Not USC. Anyone who is a small seller can testify to how we are being crapped on by Ebay. 2 years ago I was a power seller ($1000+ a month), I haven't done over $350 since they changed the search methods. I can't even find my OWN listings using a standard search.

I'm not trying to make USC look bad. I was just asking a simple question. I think Levi pretty much handled it all. He seems to be the one who everyone trusts.  :huh:

Everyone else at USC is just another name to me to be honest. I've spoke to Levi many many times, and he's taken care of me each time. I wouldn't deal with anyone else.

Thanks Levi  ;D

Once again, I will reiterate.  USCutter will never bid on its own items.  We have a number of customers that are reselling our machines, and as such, you will see that our machines are purchased over and over again by the same bidders (though this is not usually the case).  Those who purchase and resell our machines typically have identified a maximum price, and they will consistently put in bids to reach that price (frequently towards the end of the auction).  Your speculation and further accusation of shill bidding is irresponsible and in poor judgement.  It is against eBay rules, and no volume seller would risk their standing with eBay by engaging in those practices.

Wait, what?  You have a number of resellers that are purchasing your machines....over and over.....on EBAY?  To resell?

So then, why was this auction cancelled, based on:

It is not unusual for us to cancel auctions.  There are various reasons it happens.  Sometimes it is caused by identification of a listing error.  Sometimes we run out of stock.  In this case, we have someone who has recently taken over responsibility of listing auctions, and he probably made a mistake in scheduling.

When, as Mader stated, there were several other (and still existing) auctions running for the same unit?

Passing the buck?

This subject has come up before ... every crop of new members come to their own conclusions & some things can look suspicious .

Quote from: jeremySI on Yesterday at 06:07:16 PM

" i know for a fact that they have multiple ebay accounts that they use sometimes to up the amount of the bids on stuff "

Making casual comments without proof or willing to show proof is wrong  . If you have proof USCutter is bidding on their own stuff , lets see it . Making the accusation & not going thru with it is just throwing sh*t .

" nevermind i wont get them mad at me "

I would get more upset at somebody making accusations & not willing to give the " facts " than if they did give what proof they had & thus explain the suspicion . I'm sure USCutter is the same way .

2 1/2 years ago I bid on every Copam auction for a period of 3 months before I won 2 ... I'm sure somebody could have wrongly thought I was a shill bidder for USCutter .

I personally don't want any company I care about to loose money selling me something . I like low profits & discounts , but everybody has bills to pay & in order to stay in business you have to have profit . I appreciate what USCutter does by suppling this forum & it seems disrespectfull to see them slandered on their own site .. same goes for the threads/posts promoting USCutter's competition . I have read threads & posts promoting other companies to buy from . I bet there is no member here that would allow anybody to put a competitors business card in their shop or let them advertise a competitor on their website . Marcus & the personal @ USCutter are WAY too nice .  :huh: IF those competiors have a forum , try posting USCutters prices etc & see what happens .

Guest sciondrgn

Also don't forget that eBay changed the display on bidders several years ago..

When the auction reaches a certain amount the user name displays as d***j with other various letter combinations.. There is no way you could tell if the same bidder is bidding on all of the auctions because eBay scrambles the high bidders name.

This subject has come up before ... every crop of new members come to their own conclusions & some things can look suspicious .

Quote from: jeremySI on Yesterday at 06:07:16 PM

" i know for a fact that they have multiple ebay accounts that they use sometimes to up the amount of the bids on stuff "

Making casual comments without proof or willing to show proof is wrong  . If you have proof USCutter is bidding on their own stuff , lets see it . Making the accusation & not going thru with it is just throwing sh*t .

" nevermind i wont get them mad at me "

I would get more upset at somebody making accusations & not willing to give the " facts " than if they did give what proof they had & thus explain the suspicion . I'm sure USCutter is the same way .

2 1/2 years ago I bid on every Copam auction for a period of 3 months before I won 2 ... I'm sure somebody could have wrongly thought I was a shill bidder for USCutter .

I personally don't want any company I care about to loose money selling me something . I like low profits & discounts , but everybody has bills to pay & in order to stay in business you have to have profit . I appreciate what USCutter does by suppling this forum & it seems disrespectfull to see them slandered on their own site .. same goes for the threads/posts promoting USCutter's competition . I have read threads & posts promoting other companies to buy from . I bet there is no member here that would allow anybody to put a competitors business card in their shop or let them advertise a competitor on their website . Marcus & the personal @ USCutter are WAY too nice .  ;D IF those competiors have a forum , try posting USCutters prices etc & see what happens .

Very good points! :huh: